2019 - JLUM (Moab) Factory Towing

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
Done a bit of googling and ended up back here a few times with most threads about adding towing after the fact. Just need to verify , that when hookingup the trailer to the 7 pin system , I still need to hook up the controller to the vehicle ? Confused about it a little.
Sponsored

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Yes your jl doesn’t come with a trailer brake controller even if you get the tow package you only get the wiring for the controller.
you buy a separate trailer brake controller and plug it in. most plug in under the dash.

OP
OP

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
Yes your jl doesn’t come with a trailer brake controller even if you get the tow package you only get the wiring for the controller.
you buy a separate trailer brake controller and plug it in. most plug in under the dash.
Thank you for the clear and concise answer. So the trailer we are buying comes with the controller. So if that is the case, I just need to add the wiring harness ?

TXHunter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Thank you for the clear and concise answer. So the trailer we are buying comes with the controller. So if that is the case, I just need to add the wiring harness ?
My JLUR had a wiring harness from the factory. Look under dash, far left side of driver side footwell. Should be an available harness ziptied there.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
My JLUR had a wiring harness from the factory. Look under dash, far left side of driver side footwell. Should be an available harness ziptied there.
I'm not seeing it. Do you have any pictures ? Im pretty confused with the whole thing.

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
I'm not seeing it. Do you have any pictures ? Im pretty confused with the whole thing.
The 4 pin connector is way up in there. Behind the dash and straight up kinda right above half way between your left shin and knee. It’s closer to the dash than the firewall. There is a picture on here in a big tow thread somewhere. It’s tied up to a main harness.

Watch this to get the location, JL JT are the same -

OP
OP

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
The 4 pin connector is way up in there. Behind the dash and straight up kinda right above half way between your left shin and knee. It’s closer to the dash than the firewall. There is a picture on here in a big tow thread somewhere. It’s tied up to a main harness.

Watch this to get the location, JL JT are the same -
thank you

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
YW and good luck
Sponsored