Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I've got the Aux switches installed in my JLUR.

I will be adding on board air, and I'm looking at the ARB Compressors.

The Dual compressor model (CKMTA12) has an amperage load under Maximum of 68.6 amps.

The AUX switches are 40 amp switches. Does anyone know if it is possible to safely make the Dual Compressor work on that AUX circuit?
Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Worst case, use the aux switch to trigger a relay. However you need a pretty heavy duty relay to handle 70 amps!
What gauge wire does that compressor come with? If it's only 10 gauge, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: J0E
OP
OP
BullMoose1776

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I haven't purchased it yet, so I'm not sure.

It's rather frustrating. I'm not ever going to wire in 4 set of lights!

I intended my switches to be for:
Winch
AIR Compressor
Front Aux Lights
Rear Aux Lights

I can run the smaller ARB compressor, but I don't really want to go down in capability just so I can use a switch on the dash.

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
Turns out the on/off switch is a relay trigger, and can easily be connected to the aux switches.
Yeah, I have my ARB twin connected there without issue. ARB products are well-engineered, and I've never run into issues with their products in any way.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just got my ARB dual wired up yesterday by someone who’s a subject matter expert (electrical engineer) and who works on Jeeps now for a living. Done dozens of these. Wired it up to AUX 1. No issues.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
FYI: the power wires on the twin arb are 10awg. Others have done the aux thing. Run the power and ground wires to the battery and the purple from the arb to your aux hot.

OP
OP
BullMoose1776

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
So, I'm glad I posted this because I've learned a few things and done so e additional research.

I wired in the power cut off for my warn winch on aux 1 last night, and I'll eventually wire in a switch to power the ARB ON aux 2.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I think some of you may have misread the installation instructions or aren't familiar with how these things are wired up. The two large gauge power wires go directly to the battery. A low-current voltage signal from any one of the AUX switches can be used to power the purple trigger wire.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6

I used Jeep Generation's video. A lot of it is the wiring, but it was super helpful for me when I installed mine, especially I am using the same bracket. Like others say, the large red and black cables go directly to the battery, and if using aux switch you only need the purple wire from the smaller harness, all other wires are not needed (for air lockers and arb's own switch rocker).

Sponsored

CaseOfAle

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 981S, 19JLUS
So, I'm glad I posted this because I've learned a few things and done so e additional research.

I wired in the power cut off for my warn winch on aux 1 last night, and I'll eventually wire in a switch to power the ARB ON aux 2.
What did you use for the power cut off?

OP
OP
BullMoose1776

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Yeah, I have my ARB twin connected there without issue. ARB products are well-engineered, and I've never run into issues with their products in any way.
quick and probably dumb question, do you have to buy the air tank to go with the compressor, or just buy and wire the compressor and your good to go. I have no intentions at this time of doing air lockers, or running air tools. thanks

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
quick and probably dumb question, do you have to buy the air tank to go with the compressor, or just buy and wire the compressor and your good to go. I have no intentions at this time of doing air lockers, or running air tools. thanks
No need for a tank at all.

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
Like 2Wheel-Lee said, and I'll add that you don't need the air tank to run lockers either (just the manifold and solenoid kit). It's really only for that instant boost that's needed for air tools or powering an air horn.
Sponsored