danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
here we go again with the half door tease.......as for the 392 really. Just give us a 5.7 with a 6spd anything.....
Imagine the sticker shock if they built this...$75K or higher with 8-10 mpg.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
here we go again with the half door tease.......as for the 392 really. Just give us a 5.7 with a 6spd anything.....
Imagine the sticker shock if they built this...$75K or higher with 8-10 mpg.
I think it has the absurdly tall gearing so they can get enough factory MPG to be able to sell it. This is of course knowing that anyone that actually buys this is going to rip out the Dana 44’s before even looking at it.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I think it has the absurdly tall gearing so they can get enough factory MPG to be able to sell it. This is of course knowing that anyone that actually buys this is going to rip out the Dana 44’s before even looking at it.
personally I'd much prefer a new turbo straight six or 5.7 hemi and those FKING half doors!! Shit been waiting since the JL launch for the return of factory half doors.. Hopefully with the Bronco release it opens FCA eyes!

Sponsored

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
When it comes out it'll probably have 4.88 gears, a Rock-Trac transfer case, probably everything that a Rubicon has, just better.

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Boy, looks like Jeep is definitely scared of the Ford Bronco being successful! LMAO
It’s not just them, more and more truck drivers are going electric. Electrics are faster, more powerful and make a lot of sense for many whom don’t really utilize offroad vehicles offroad and the gas powered car companies need to be scared.... it’s only a matter of time before phasing out does occur to the gasoline engine.

@JeepCares
Please get corporate to release info that’s concrete faster Bc tesla rivian and Nikola are successfully filling their preorders for electric trucks. Don’t be late to the game FCA or be like Audi and get phased out for being late to the game.

Sponsored

Crimpcap

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Insight, 2016 CVO Streetglide
I would be surprised if this ever started production. Jeep already struggles with CAFE numbers and the premium for buyers would make it a niche vehicle. As many have said, competition in the market is good.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
You can literally smell the desperation. It took Ford to build a V8 Wrangler.

Jeep: No you cannot have V8 Wrangler
Ford:
Also Jeep: Hey look at THIS!
How many years have the Ford fan boys been waiting for their Bronco LOL
In the meantime Jeep has sold what 600K JL Wranglers. It will take another year before Broncos trikle in to the Ford Dealers and the Ford Fanboys will bring their vaseline in to buy one:)

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Idk who at Jeep greenlit this whole tease and reveal today but they should be reprimanded lol. This is honestly just going to make people even more interested in the Bronco. Another V8 concept Jeep when we’ve seen this 10x before isn’t going to get people’s eyes off a more powerful Bronco that you can actually get next year.
Maybe...my analysis is, this is Jeep saying, "Great, Ford. Bring it, oh, and BTW, we aren't just handing you market share, you'll need to fight for it."

As stated above, THIS is what you get in a competitive marketplace.

If FCA is crazy enough in this day and age to sell a Dodge Demon that comes with a set of Slicks, I think the suits can be convinced to build a little ol Jeep with a V8.

The real story to me tho, is those Half-Doors.
Cooome Ooon.

I'd take out a loan for a set of those. TODAY.

I like the JCR doors, but a legitimate factory half door is really what I want.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.