rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Yeah I've had the 4.0 and we all know that inline 6 are known for torque. They're not going to build a outdated motor. That would be like ditching fuel injection and going back to carbs. What do I know.
Actually, we all know that inline 6s are better balanced than V6s and that they have stronger blocks.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
A Wrangler with a factory Hemi, on stock 35's is about the only thing that might make me trade mine (especially since every nut and bolt of every mod was done by me...) but only if they offer it in a 2-door!

Sponsored

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
A Wrangler with a factory Hemi, on stock 35's is about the only thing that might make me trade mine (especially since every nut and bolt of every mod was done by me...) but only if they offer it in a 2-door!
When does anyone think this will come to fruition? For the 2021? Do we think it could be in a 2 door? I was right on the cusp of putting my order in and now and thinking I should wait to see if they are coming out with a badass 2 door with a Hemi on 35’s

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar/Land Rover currently build them. Plus Toyota uses a BMW sourced I6
BMW, MBZ and Jaguar all pretty much all got their start and main stay motors were all inline 6. BMW didn't offer a V8 until 1991 so..... I'm talking about manufacturers building bad ass i6. BMW for years built badass i6 in their M series. I don't know of anyone pursuing high power inlines.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Actually, we all know that inline 6s are better balanced than V6s and that they have stronger blocks.
That's what they're know for, balance and torque.

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Every BMW 40i engine is an twin turbo inline-six and it’s a monster of an engine and sold in many models. I owned one. It’s also in the new Supra and in-line sixes are in several other things too. I would LOVE a twin turbo inline six.

Here, have a read https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hagerty.com/media/news/why-inline-6-is-making-a-comeback/amp/

BMW, MBZ and Jaguar all pretty much all got their start and main stay motors were all inline 6. BMW didn't offer a V8 until 1991 so..... I'm talking about manufacturers building bad ass i6. BMW for years built badass i6 in their M series. I don't know of anyone pursuing high power inlines.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Chebby’s 1/2 ton diesel is an I-6

Maybe the ‘392’ is HP from a new twin-turbo 6? Seems more likely
Most diesels are 6 cylinder. They do make 8 but they're not as good or popular in commercial trucks.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
That's what they're know for, balance and torque.
We're definitely not getting a naturally aspirated inline 6. Torque differences as a result of being inline-6 or V6 is a moot point in modern turbo engines where the turbo design plays a much bigger role in the end result of shape of the torque curve.

Actually they're known for block strength more than they are known for either balance or torque because they handle boost extremely well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.