First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
If that is what this is truly about then Jeep is grasping at straws lol. You cannot show this and then not put it into production.

Underpromise, overdeliver.
They have been putting Hemi engines in their concepts since 2008 or so. Last year was focused on the Gladiator and was I believe the first year that they didn't do it.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I think it says 3.92

You can just BARELY see what looks to be a period after the 3. Wondering if this is going the inline 6 rumors were talking about.
I looked at all other 392 badges, And this one blown up. I think you are right. All of the other 392 badges in use by dodge look different and do not appear to have the "." That this one does, to me, this does look a lot like 3.92 and honestly for me that would be even better than a 392 V8. I have came close to running out of gas off-road with my v6, a 392 would need a massive tank to be useful for me. However a turbo inline 6 may work out quite well.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Who knows... maybe there’s an outside chance they’re trying to say “Hold out a little longer for this... so don’t buy a Bronco just yet.” *shrug*
That's exactly what this is, except I seriously doubt they have an actual product in the works yet. It's just media PR to push a few folks off the fence.

Last edited:

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Ford did just release the most powerful mustang ever.

760 hp
629 lb-ft

and that’s from a 5.2L motor not a 6.7L hemi...I’m not saying that Ford is better or anything I’m just responding to the Ford has lost the battle comments. T he battle has just begun. Plus I’m sure ford will respond with putting a Coyote motor in the bronco if that’s the case or a more powerful V6 turbo. That 3.6 turbo they have is in the Ford GT and that thing is ridiculous.

if there’s a 392 in a Jeep major suspension changes would have to happen or you’ll wind up in a ditch (and not in a good way lol). This is obv possible, but ya, like others have said, won’t be cheap.

as I said, I have my rubi on order. So I love em both but that won’t stop me from looking at the Bronco, Ford has a huge stable of engines to choose from...
key words “just released”.

Sponsored

greenvillebigwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Engineer
It won't. They haven't had a 4x4 manual trans that'll handle a v8 since they stopped putting the 5 speed/4.7L and an nv3500 won't last long with a 392 infront of it lol
I'd love that, but seeing how little love the 6 speed gets with the 3.6 I doubt it.

A Hemi with an 8 speed setup like the power wagon would work for me, it would be the only auto Wrangler I would have any interest in.
A stick 392 JL would be awesome. I agree it wont happen but it has nothing to do with trans availability. They put this same motor with a stick in the charger all day long. The parts are there. Theres just to many people that want the auto. There aresome who want a stick but not enough to force the agenda.

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
Sorry guys, Jeep has nothing planned they are just trying to strum up any kind of distraction they can to combat the onslaught of bronco publicity we are about to get for the next 2 months ..v8 in the wrangler is only to grab your attention, we won’t see it other than this publicity stunt....

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
i have a 2021 Rubi on order, but why is this the case? My Shelby has 526hp (429 lb-ft) and it’s a manual trans why can’t Jeep have one that can handle that power?
Yes, but a GT350 with 429 lb-ft has a first gear of 3.25, a Hellcat with 650 lb-ft uses an even higher 2.66 first gear.

The JL’s 272 lb-ft uses a low 5.13 first gear.

For strength, the more power the taller the gearing. To handle the torque and use low gear ratios the transmission would need to be a physically large unit

A stick 392 JL would be awesome. I agree it wont happen but it has nothing to do with trans availability. They put this same motor with a stick in the charger all day long. The parts are there. Theres just to many people that want the auto. There aresome who want a stick but not enough to force the agenda.
The Challenger’s TR6060 wouldn’t work in Wrangler. It’s gearing too tall

Sponsored

Wombology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be owner
I looked at all other 392 badges, And this one blown up. I think you are right. All of the other 392 badges in use by dodge look different and do not appear to have the "." That this one does, to me, this does look a lot like 3.92 and honestly for me that would be even better than a 392 V8. I have came close to running out of gas off-road with my v6, a 392 would need a massive tank to be useful for me. However a turbo inline 6 may work out quite well.
electric wrangler with a 3.92 0-60?

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
i have a 2021 Rubi on order, but why is this the case? My Shelby has 526hp (429 lb-ft) and it’s a manual trans why can’t Jeep have one that can handle that power?
They *could* but they don't have one anywhere else in their lineup and I don't see them sourcing one just for one engine in one vehicle lol

They have the tr6060 in the Challenger but it's not geared right for a Jeep and I don't think Tremec makes a 4x4 version of it.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I just wish that was an option when I picked up my 2020 rubicon. Now I have to debate trading it in :facepalm:
I know how you feel.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think it says 3.92

You can just BARELY see what looks to be a period after the 3. Wondering if this is going the inline 6 rumors were talking about.
It’s not a point. It’s just a spacing between 3 and 9 that looks like a comma in this lo-res pic. The same kind of spacing is between 9 and 2. It’s the 392 Hemi.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.