What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Oh crap we have cartridge filters??? Yuk!
I didn’t know as I haven’t touched my oil yet as mine only has about 450 miles on the clock..
I’m of the opinion to leave well enough alone though, if the factory didn’t put a magnet in there who am I to say it needs one.. Plus I drive vehicles for a living. I’ll be long past sick of driving my Jeep before it gets a couple hundred thousand miles on it and the motor gets wore out.. I’ve taken a half dozen vehicles to 250k and by that time I am “wanting” the engine to blow up so I’m not a synthetic oil, extra engine care kind of guy unless the manual states I need to use it.
But then again I’m also not an aftermarket exhaust, intake system and performance chip guy either. My engines due tend to naturally last the life of the vehicles I drive while only performing normal recommended service intervals..
@JLBuyer

I blow off vehicles by the time they have say 35,000 to 40,000 mi. which is in about 2 years of ownership.

Even so, I do keep a magnet in play in regard to the vehicles oil / oil filter. I know using one is a plus for the engine.

With the JL and the JK in the family I have used gun magnets placed on the oil pan to collect/grab, metal fragments. I remove the magnet right before I allow the oil to drain from the pan.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Magnet.JPG

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Below is an email reply to a question on toe settings, based on my JLR. (Steer Smarts Rubicon tie rod and bottom mount drag link, adjustable track bars and running 35's on stock Rubi wheels with 1.25" spacers) I know of at least a couple of shops who have set up customers JL's with toe-out and they say it has worked out great.

Are you saying .5-.75 degrees toe out?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks brother......., no need for limit straps, my rrds were 29.5 extended, and these are 30.5. I pulled on the spring at full extension, and couldn’t budge it. These RK triple rate springs are pretty long.

IMO, the RK lift is arguably the flexiest on the market, (MC is also ) so I wanted to use every inch of these springs, after all why have it if your not intending to use it, lol.

I don’t think you’ll need straps if you’re also getting their springs as well.

You’re gonna have crazy flex with those. Keep an eye on your diff breather tube, locker wiring , and if not already done it , relocate your brake lines. No need to get longer ones , just change where you mount them. I use the Teraflex brake line brackets , plenty of slack with these.
Yeah, already have the mc 3.5" dual rate springs. I should have the front upper and lower shock relocation brackets and the same for the rear lowers by end of next week. 6-packs should follow in a couple weeks. Having the shocks a bit more compressed at ride height is definitely gonna give gobs of droop, which is what had me thinking of straps. So, it's OK to let the fully extended shocks hold the weight when hanging a wheel?

And yeah, all brake lines and wiring has been rerouted for plenty of slack. Just waiting for the relocating bracket for the e brake cables.

Thanks

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Srayed 3M rubberized undercoating under the trunk and in the trunk (supposedly reduces noise).

Rebuilding salvadge Jeep, getting to the point of installing a tailgate.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 15944784833315281541587130833944

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 15944784833315281541587130833944

Spray under trunk will withstand heat?

got a link to what you used?

Lgkaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Oh crap we have cartridge filters??? Yuk!
I didn’t know as I haven’t touched my oil yet as mine only has about 450 miles on the clock..
I’m of the opinion to leave well enough alone though, if the factory didn’t put a magnet in there who am I to say it needs one.. Plus I drive vehicles for a living. I’ll be long past sick of driving my Jeep before it gets a couple hundred thousand miles on it and the motor gets wore out.. I’ve taken a half dozen vehicles to 250k and by that time I am “wanting” the engine to blow up so I’m not a synthetic oil, extra engine care kind of guy unless the manual states I need to use it.
But then again I’m also not an aftermarket exhaust, intake system and performance chip guy either. My engines due tend to naturally last the life of the vehicles I drive while only performing normal recommended service intervals..
Per this article the Pentastar engine w/regular oil changes is remarkably durable.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, already have the mc 3.5" dual rate springs. I should have the front upper and lower shock relocation brackets and the same for the rear lowers by end of next week. 6-packs should follow in a couple weeks. Having the shocks a bit more compressed at ride height is definitely gonna give gobs of droop, which is what had me thinking of straps. So, it's OK to let the fully extended shocks hold the weight when hanging a wheel?

And yeah, all brake lines and wiring has been rerouted for plenty of slack. Just waiting for the relocating bracket for the e brake cables.

Thanks
I never used anything to limit the shocks, and never had any issues, but it doesn’t happen that often. I’m not familiar with the 6 pks however, you may want to consult with a guru. Lol.

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
My tires are due to be changed next year. Been going back and forth between 17x9's and 20x9's.

Was looking around, and wife saw the Hardrock Affliction H700 20x9 +18 offset and loves the way they look. Paring with a 295/55R20 tire looks like a good fit. Shouldn't be any issues with rubbing on a stock Sahara JL.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
My tires are due to be changed next year. Been going back and forth between 17x9's and 20x9's.

Was looking around, and wife saw the Hardrock Affliction H700 20x9 +18 offset and loves the way they look. Paring with a 295/55R20 tire looks like a good fit. Shouldn't be any issues with rubbing on a stock Sahara JL.
Just remember getting away from C rated tires everything else is got a ride rougher

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Last edited:

Jeepr

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 2dr Rubicon
Upgraded the front bumper to the Smittybilt Stryker with the removable end caps (wings), and added a Smittybilt XRC GEN3 12k Synthetic rope winch as well. Need to cut that ugly hook and install the block. I really love this bumper. Now I just need a 13" lightbar or some cube lights that can mount to the winglets

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 15944883854648440009882798553956

Install video in case anyone wants to see the process (not a DIY video lol)

Can you post a picture of the skid plate and support bar on the bottom?

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Put the hood decals on to match the vents I did yesterday. And I realize this looks Recon-ish, but the wife had decided on this look last Fall before the Recon package existed. I also know a lot of guys get rid of the red rather than add to it, but with color-matched Sting gray wheels we both thought it could use a little pop. So to each their own, right?
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200711_155159
Individuality is one of the best things about Jeeps.

Last edited: