I will be waving at the new Broncos

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Bronco copied everything else jeep (except a more capable SFA) why not steal a jeep wave? lol

Joking, I get a kick out of the importance of a jeep wave some have. It really doesnt mean the same thing as it used to mean..at least for me. Now every poser waves simply because the other guy has a jeep. Years ago, there weren't many out there and if you did have a jeep typically you werent a poser and actually used it for it's intended purpose. The wave meant that they "get it", and there's a whole new world out there that the "others" just dont get.

The bronco isnt in the same league as a jeep. It will likely have a great motor and suspension for BAJA like riding. I hope to talk to my wife into one and she wont wave to other bronco's but I will...but for other non-jeep like reasons.
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
As a current wrangler owner and future bronco owner, I full intend on continuing to wave At jeeps.

heck I’ll even wave at the new 4Runner if they step up the game. Off road SUV’s for the win!
The wave thing gets silly after awhile since there are SOOoooo many jeeps out there. I do all the waving I can and dont care or look to see if I get a wave back. If I see a well set up rig of any type I am more apt to not only wave but actually check out the rig and thumbs up the driver. lol

It probably shouldnt be said it's a jeep thing, more like a well set up non-poser rig thing. If bronco ends up with a SFA we will see a LOT of well set up bronco's!!

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Well, this has been revealing and thought-provoking! I appreciate and respect everyone’s opinions, including those I don’t agree with. Peace.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I even had a JK owner tell me "nice Jeep" when he got in his JK and I was loading my JL at HomeD. Even a JK owner... ;)

BroncoWranglerski

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a huge fan of the 1st generation Bronco only, anything past 1977 was a slightly modified F-150. Except of course the abomination called The Bronco 2. The only thing keeping me out of a Bronco is the front axle. Yup I will wave at Broncos and hope they wave back. We will again have Broncos and Jeeps frolicking in the mud and on the trails. The world is right again .

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I even had a JK owner tell me "nice Jeep" when he got in his JK and I was loading my JL at HomeD. Even a JK owner... ;)
That’s been my experience too. Most of the parking lot conversations I have with other Jeepers are with JK owners - and they all have, so far, praised the JL while also expressing love for their JK.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Your right...but out of all of the wrangler sales, how many are made to hardcore enthusiasts. If Ford picked up 30% of wrangler’s market share they would have a home run.
Maybe, but even posers will learn from others just how incapable IFS is on the harder trails. Most buy things on illusion otherwise why would a poser buy a jeep or bronco or anything marketed with offroad prowess.

To be clear, nothing wrong with being a poser, just know how marketing works.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Oh C'mon Charlie!!! :giggle: I applaud you for attempting to put yourself in the same league as Jeff! But noooo....oooo....ooo Jeff is a league of his own. Wait how do I respectfully put this - yah!! If you and Jeff were balloons - I would say that you are the type that are resulted from normal blowing - you know filled with CO2 (haha shuddap Notorious - dont take it out of context) - you know those those balloons that just lay on limply on whatever surface it is placed on. :crying: just nosce te ipsum! OK

Jeff on the other hand - oh what can I say about Jeff. Jeff is like a :involve: HELIUM infused balloon!!! Clean,no nonsense and always float up to the best of his capability - restrained only by whatever he is tied to. In matter a fact his type of balloon is so Ah-Ma-Zingggg that it is known for making people squeaks in glee if being used in certain way! :idea: :like: :idea:

I love YOU too Jeff!! Woo woo!! (Nooooo NOT in that way) See I am good at sucking up too (NO!!! NOTORIOUS - JUST NO!!!!) :like:

All the things that I learned from watching cartoons! Shouldn't have asked me to go watch cartoons!! Woot woot!!

1annie.gif
Dude, I appreciate the sentiment, but that was uncomfortably creepy :CWL:

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Oh C'mon Charlie!!! :giggle: I applaud you for attempting to put yourself in the same league as Jeff! But noooo....oooo....ooo Jeff is a league of his own. Wait how do I respectfully put this - yah!! If you and Jeff were balloons - I would say that you are the type that are resulted from normal blowing - you know filled with CO2 (haha shuddap Notorious - dont take it out of context) - you know those those balloons that just lay on limply on whatever surface it is placed on. :crying: just nosce te ipsum! OK

Jeff on the other hand - oh what can I say about Jeff. Jeff is like a :involve: HELIUM infused balloon!!! Clean,no nonsense and always float up to the best of his capability - restrained only by whatever he is tied to. In matter a fact his type of balloon is so Ah-Ma-Zingggg that it is known for making people squeaks in glee if being used in certain way! :idea: :like: :idea:

I love YOU too Jeff!! Woo woo!! (Nooooo NOT in that way) See I am good at sucking up too (NO!!! NOTORIOUS - JUST NO!!!!) :like:

All the things that I learned from watching cartoons! Shouldn't have asked me to go watch cartoons!! Woot woot!!

1annie.gif
I’m not putting myself in league with anyone, I simply stated what I know we have experienced In our own separate adventures. Perhaps you should be thankful that there are people like us that have had to do a lot of dirty work for our country.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Back on track from the bizarrities of this thread, I like the idea of waving - a good deal more than most of the other Jeep drivers in my neck of the woods, judging from the lack of reciprocation. So if a Bronco driver waves at me, I'll happily return it.

Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
To me, there no such things as do's and don'ts when it comes to waving.
I wave at the old man on a bench, watching traffic go by.
I wave at the little girl working her way up a hill on her still too big bicycle.
I wave at that woman next to me, that beautiful I do not even notice what kind of car she's driving.
I wave at that couple of old ladies walking their dogs, wondering whether the world got crazy, watching an ORANGE Wrangler passing by.

I wave whenever I feel like waving, and if everybody would, much would become more fun :)

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
BRO!!!! ANYTHING BUT!!! Okay okay - lets just say it this way. I came to America moons ago. Down south Arkansas is where I go (believe me I got SOOOOOOO many negative comments from my friends from other part of America its not even funny). One of the biggest culture shock I had (although I was ready to absorb everything in) was how kind and warm people are. I remember being hug for the first time. I swear my body turn into brick, cause the person who hugged me said - wow I have never hug anyone that tense before!! Relax Ken. So I had to learn how to hug - and man not being hug by anyone ever till I came to Arkansas was like - I dunno a weird scary yet happy wonderful experience. So I learn how to hug - but to get there I have to go through a lot of discomfort, ie once I was visiting my dorm mate family for Thanksgiving and he have warm welcoming family. His dad came and say "oh sooooo this is the Ken that I have been hearing a lot about". In addition of wanting to please and be accepted - and NOT knowing the nuances of hugging - ie you don't move your head to the left or right but you kind of get this gist of naturally move your head the the opposite direction for a hug. Well I did not know that! I was super nervous, nervous at getting a hug, nervous at meeting his dad for the first time, nervous to be in a new environment so in my eagerness to respond to his dad's hug, I ran in and decided to "HEAD TILT RIGHT IMMEDIATELY" except that his dad is moving the same direction but I was so nervous that I literally HEADBUTT SLAM into his dad face!! I got big head! I was mortified when his dad, with the glasses dangling lopsidely holding his fore head and go OWWW OWW OWW!!! :facepalm: People were laughing and his dad accepted me. They became sorta like my foster family while I was studying there.

Here I am today in close proximics to NYC. People here don't hug, but the heck if I am going to be cold like that. So now and then I learn to give someone a hug now and then.

Also Jeff, you should know by now that I am a bit weird (NO!!! Notorious - leave me alone - I am having some serious moment here). I also have wild wacky ideas and my intention most of the time is to make people laugh. I also try not to be sarcastic though I succumb many times - but some of my analogy is to make people laugh. If I were to sum the posting above - it would be like - hello, why are "you" on my case twice, I did not do anything to you, and don't be mamby pamby and trying to use Wabu as a commonalities in your sniding attempt." There I said it. In my opinion, there are integrity differences here. You are not the kind of person to pick fight with people. I respect you. And yes yes, I need to leave things alone but sometimes I failed. So what a guy with some wacky imagination would do?? Giving some weird analogy using balloons!! There ya go.

So bro - nothing creepy about it. You are just not used to dealing with some whoa-outta-this-world examples. But I am always thankful for my 6 years in Arkansas no matter what people say or laugh at me. I learned the southern hospitality (yeah coupled up with my extremely wild imagination - some things are just incorrectly expressed haha) - and I have been in NYC (or close to) for 17 years. I am not going to be apologetic for trying to make people laugh. Believe me, if you are as much as say "Hi how are you today? You look awesome today" to a stranger here, you will get this stunned look and proceeded with a smile. People here are not used to strangers saying nice thing. But the rewards comes in a form of the smile or the happiness that are shown on their face.

So Jeffo! The uncomfortable creepy feeling that you have might be that you have never been compliment by someone abnormal like me (haha). But rest assured tho - I would like to believe that I am the kind of person that contributed something good to this world. I am not a big fan of sweets, but I bake really well (and I bake when I am really stress with work) - and when I bake, I would bake a lot and give to to friends or sometimes even store clerk in Walgreen if they had provided good services. This Jeep forum is filled with a LOT of nice caring people so I guess I went a bit haywire in saying things. I love you guys! But that does not mean that I LOVE LOVE YOU GUYS even though it does say I LOVE LOVE YOU GUYS just not in that you know creepy way.

You have nothing to worry about at all. You are on tough guy and sometimes when you meet someone that might be all awww-care-bear (gawd I hate that word) people there might be some inconsistencies but no worries its all GOOD!! Hey I owned a Jurassic World Jeep with a baby dinosaur tied behind and a flag on July 4th. And I am not NOTORIOUS (you know that guy is not even a bashful when he talks about things that he love - women in super short shorts, lanky legs in high stilettos. I think you should be worrying more about him than me!! :like:

56803_LI.jpg
Ken, did you notice the laughing emoticon at the end of my message? That’s a way of saying I am teasing you, brother! Besides, I’m a hugger too.

As far as @Notorious, his penchant for loving beautiful women doesn’t concern me. If he loves men in the same way - well, that doesn’t concern me either, as long as he’s not hitting on me ;)

It’s all good, brother Ken! No worries at all!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
All the warm and fuzzy kum-ba-yah comments are nice and all especially during this $hit time in our nation but here's the deal... you didn't invent the wave and you don't get to change it. And by "you" I mean any of us. It's a Jeep thing and belongs to Jeepers, specifically Wranglers, and I don't think it should be shared among other brands. Let the FJs, Broncos and Tacos do their own thing. IMO it's a Jeep thing, not an off road thing, not a motorcycle thing, not a built rig thing... a JEEP thing and should be respected as such.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
And I am not NOTORIOUS (you know that guy is not even a bashful when he talks about things that he love - women in super short shorts, lanky legs in high stilettos). I think you should be worrying more about him than me!!
Ken, your last sentence makes no sense. And it’s creepy.
As far as @Notorious, his penchant for loving beautiful women doesn’t concern me.
Exactly.
If he loves men in the same way - well, that doesn’t concern me either, as long as he’s not hitting on me
:CWL: Jeff, first, thank you for the laugh!:CWL: Rest assured that that would NEVER happen because no, I don’t love men that way.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
All the warm and fuzzy kum-ba-yah comments are nice and all especially during this $hit time in our nation but here's the deal... you didn't invent the wave and you don't get to change it. And by "you" I mean any of us. It's a Jeep thing and belongs to Jeepers, specifically Wranglers, and I don't think it should be shared among other brands. Let the FJs, Broncos and Tacos do their own thing. IMO it's a Jeep thing, not an off road thing, not a motorcycle thing, not a built rig thing... a JEEP thing and should be respected as such.
Mike, I respect your opinion, but I have a somewhat different view. You’re right; none of us invented the wave. It was invented by humans in the ancient past. It was not invented by Jeepers. Also, any of us can “change” it if we want to, but a wave is, after all, just a wave, so what is there to change? It’s a greeting and an acknowledgment. When I wave to a fellow Jeeper, it means something somewhat different than when I wave to someone in a different vehicle. The intent is somewhat different, but the action is the same. Does this make sense?

I regret that you feel I am disrespecting a Jeep thing; that certainly is not my intent.
Sponsored