Soft top hardware and hard top

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I need to put my hard top back on temporarily. Can I leave the soft top hardware on (i.e. the door frame hardware) or do I need to remove that as well as the soft top and rear hardware?
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I need to put my hard top back on temporarily. Can I leave the soft top hardware on (i.e. the door frame hardware) or do I need to remove that as well as the soft top and rear hardware?
FCA's running line is that only the hardware that attaches to the rear sports bar, that the soft top sits on, may remain on while the hard top is installed....these:

Last edited:
OP
OP
gbr

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yeah, I took a good look, and all the hardware on top of the doors has to come off.

TheJanitor6203

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2.0 turbo, auto
Just bought a JLUR with the dual top option. I really like the idea of keeping the soft top for wheeling but also the idea of installing/uninstalling all this crap every time I want to wheel seems like a real beating. How long does it take to swap the tops out once you have a little experience under your belt?

OP
OP
gbr

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just bought a JLUR with the dual top option. I really like the idea of keeping the soft top for wheeling but also the idea of installing/uninstalling all this crap every time I want to wheel seems like a real beating. How long does it take to swap the tops out once you have a little experience under your belt?
I've only put my soft top on once, never taken it off, so I can't help you.

Gerald

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The only soft top parts you have to remove are the top itself then 4 torque head bolts on either side 8 total to remove the door surrounds, and rear corner brackets that soft top back window clip into 2 bolts total. Two people can remove in less than 4 min and less than 10 reinstall. If you have a hard top lift putting it on/off is equally easy but closer to 10 min tops. These times are using a small 12V impact driver.

TheJanitor6203

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2.0 turbo, auto
The only soft top parts you have to remove are the top itself then 4 torque head bolts on either side 8 total to remove the door surrounds, and rear corner brackets that soft top back window clip into 2 bolts total. Two people can remove in less than 4 min and less than 10 reinstall. If you have a hard top lift putting it on/off is equally easy but closer to 10 min tops. These times are using a small 12V impact driver.
Thanks! That was super helpful.
Sponsored