Status
Not open for further replies.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I'll see where they're both at in 5 years when my JL has 100k+. But to consider or buy a first-gen truck with IFS to replace a wrangler? no way.
It's a 2-way street with competition. Both Jeep and Ford have to up their game. 5 years is a long time. I think you will have a lot of options. Like it or not, maybe much more complex options? Most other car brand /models do full redesigns after 4 years. Times are changing rapidly with alternative drive trains and power plants. Electric can't be ignored. FCA executives hint the future of Wrangler is electric. Not for EPA compliance but for all out capability. That's what FCA /Wrangler execs are hinting. In 5 years there will probably be a electric Wrangler…probably sooner. Definitely a PHEV very soon. Ford, like every other brand, is investing heavily in electric. Would not surprise me if there is a PHEV or electric Bronco by then. I guess what I am saying is expect more complexity across the board. IFS might be the least of your worries in 5 years. lol.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm real psyched about the 2 dr. Bronco.

I'm contemplating buying a 2 dr. Bronco and figure it will replace my JL, Rubi....

Since the Bronco will not be manufactured / available til April of next year, I guess for now, I'll just do my homework in regard to the Bronco..... So I know what engine, what options to go with, pricing etc..

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
It's a 2-way street with competition. Both Jeep and Ford have to up their game. 5 years is a long time. I think you will have a lot of options. Like it or not, maybe much more complex options? Most other car brand /models do full redesigns after 4 years. Times are changing rapidly with alternative drive trains and power plants. Electric can't be ignored. FCA executives hint the future of Wrangler is electric. Not for EPA compliance but for all out capability. That's what FCA /Wrangler execs are hinting. In 5 years there will probably be a electric Wrangler…probably sooner. Definitely a PHEV very soon. Ford, like every other brand, is investing heavily in electric. Would not surprise me if there is a PHEV or electric Bronco by then. I guess what I am saying is expect more complexity across the board. IFS might be the least of your worries in 5 years. lol.
Totally - I can at least rest easy knowing that we're not gonna be in a place with battery technology in 5 years to move the brick-like Wrangler any meaningful distance on even a large watt-hour pack like Tesla is using. The aerodynamics and weight just aren't there and for Tesla achieving 400 miles range on a 100wh pack, that same power calculation on a Wrangler would probably net you ~100 miles with the current shape, height, and off-road tires of the Wrangler. We as the human race are technology limited for the time being so I'm confident we'll be seeing a staggered product line with gas or at least hybrid offerings well into the future.

Either that, or the Wrangler turns into a total wedge shape like the Cybertruck and we say goodbye to history in favor of aero. Hope that's not the direction, lol.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Without a front solid axle, it could not compete with the Wrangler.
@Rubidozer

Well, I'd venture to say that a large large percentage of JL Wrangler's manufactured, never ever see any off road use. A very small percentage do.

With that said, "solid axle" is no big deal to most that have bought a JL or in the future that will consider a Bronco, or even a 2021, 22, etc.. Wrangler.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think the mods should set-up an auto respond feature. Each of us could setup an auto response for this thread, based on keywords. So, if one person says 'IFS'. Your account automatically posts a response that you've pre-written.

This thread just goes in circles over the same topics. The least we could do is automate it so both viewpoints don't have to keep retyping it out.

It could go as far to include an auto "like" feature. So if someone on your prescreened list posts in this thread, it automatically gives their post a "like" from you.

Think of all the time we could all save!

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I think the mods should set-up an auto respond feature. Each of us could setup an auto response for this thread, based on keywords. So, if one person says 'IFS'. Your account automatically posts a response that you've pre-written.

This thread just goes in circles over the same topics. The least we could do is automate it so both viewpoints don't have to keep retyping it out.

It could go as far to include an auto "like" feature. So if someone on your prescreened list posts in this thread, it automatically gives their post a "like" from you.

It’s all going to change Monday luckily.

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst

Great idea!

SELECT
THREAD

WHEN
post.topic.reply = 'Bronco' > 'Jeep'

THEN
'You're wrong!' and INNER JOIN bronco.insult ON q.query.character_flaw

WHEN
post.topic.reply = 'Bronco' < 'Jeep'

THEN
'Couldn't agree more!' and INNER JOIN jeep.compliment ON query.rig

ELSE
'¯\_(ツ)_/¯'

END

Sponsored

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport

While we're at it, add mod approval before allowing all this zombie rezzing on dead threads? No offense to any members but it's hilarious/puzzling to see a thread that basically ended in 2017 that's been drug back kicking and screaming into the light because Jimbo thinks we've been waiting on his response with baited breath for three years.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
love or it hate it, get over it. Competition is good. Who knows maybe Ford has also listened to us Jeep owners and will give the Bronco things we have asked for years.. If anything it will hopefully make FCA a better company.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
How long do you folks estimate before the new Bronco hits the used car lots? I figured 4 months or so after release... asking for a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.