MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks to be on par with a stock Wrangler or XJ. Has more of a very capable crossover vibe to it.
Im having trouble understanding your comment. The first line I’m wanting to call BS. The second line I agree with.

The two lines seem contradictory to each other?
Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I agree - I hope these guys make it! And bring it to the US.

link to a video:
Would love to see this actually be released here and check out whether it would have the same steering issues that Jeep owners deal with. ;) :LOL:

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to see this actually be released here and check out whether it would have the same steering issues that Jeep owners deal with. ;) :LOL:
Oh, I'm sure it will... And if it is a true Land Rover Defender replacement, it will leak oil all over the showroom floor. :CWL:

Sponsored

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So they basically just made a JLU Sport S
I would not say that too fast... The older Land Rover Defenders are pretty capable.
Depending on what they do with regards to ground clearance, lockers etc., this could be very good off-road.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Price? I'm guessing 100k+
40k is target. I think they'll hit it. Remember, the old Defender only cost like 28k pounds in the UK when new. Its only 100K+ in the US due to limited supply. Theres no reason a vehicle like this needs to cost 100k. MB does it on the G cause they can get away with it, and have built it into a status symbol. No need to do that for this vehicle.

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
40k is target. I think they'll hit it. Remember, the old Defender only cost like 28k pounds in the UK when new. Its only 100K+ in the US due to limited supply. Theres no reason a vehicle like this needs to cost 100k. MB does it on the G cause they can get away with it, and have built it into a status symbol. No need to do that for this vehicle.
I generally agree that it should not be too expensive. However, I would be surprised if it is that low, just because of the volume they will produce (~30k/y). They will have to import these as finished vehicles, and I am not sure what they will do for a dealer network. If it comes in ~$60k, that would be very reasonable.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
28K pounds back in the 90s. So if we account for commodity prices and adjust for inflation, it probably will cost 100K+ now.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I’m told the the Grenadier will cost £50k-£55k when they allegedly become available in 2022. At today’s exchange rate that’s $63k-$69k

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
I’m told the the Grenadier will cost £50k-£55k when they allegedly become available in 2022. At today’s exchange rate that’s $63k-$69k
Usually USD prices are the same or lower than UK prices. But even so, I'd still pay 65k