First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Raysanti -
Update for the pricing.
The two dash pieces & steering wheel bezel together are now, 450.
Is there new pricing for just the two dash pieces?

(Spraying matte paint without getting dust particles is VERY difficult, I think I’m on my 4 attempt now.)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
customsteeringwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Is there new pricing for just the two dash pieces?

(Spraying matte paint without getting dust particles is VERY difficult, I think I’m on my 4 attempt now.)
You need a 'clean room', or a downdraft spray booth.
We made 50k trim parts for Tesla Motors, many were matte finish.
Here's an example, 2nd row cup holder that is carbon fiber matte.

Jeep Wrangler JL Custom JL interior set in Rubicon Red Tesla-cup-holder

There is new pricing for the 2 dash pieces = 380, down from 450.
Let us know.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
You need a 'clean room', or a downdraft spray booth.
We made 50k trim parts for Tesla Motors, many were matte finish.
Here's an example, 2nd row cup holder that is carbon fiber matte.

Jeep Wrangler JL Custom JL interior set in Rubicon Red Tesla-cup-holder

There is new pricing for the 2 dash pieces = 380, down from 450.
Let us know.
Yep, I have built a paint booth that does a pretty good job, but it’s outdoors and with summer here, trying to find a time to paint when it’s cool enough has been challenging. I have enough paint for one final attempt this weekend, if I fail, I’ll be contacting you.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Kudos to Rau Racing on their service and expertise. After I tried 5 times to get a good matte Ocean Blue finish on my dash panels using a homemade paint booth and failing miserably, I sent them to Rau. There was an imperfection in one of the panels Rau sent back, so they resprayed it at their cost.

I was hoping for an Ocean Blue version of the Rubi dash which has a muted metallic effect, Rau’s process produces a pure matte finish, so you lose a bit of the metallic effect. But, Rau’s end product is 1000% better than what I was able to accomplish in my home-built paint booth; Rau’s results are as smooth to the touch as the Rubi dash, my results were sandpaper by comparison.

Thanks for great results, Rau!

89ABE524-91E2-4EF9-8BFB-003F12BBA682.jpeg

CFF86D49-A04A-4606-8315-20498A652251.jpeg

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Kudos to Rau Racing on their service and expertise. After I tried 5 times to get a good matte Ocean Blue finish on my dash panels using a homemade paint booth and failing miserably, I sent them to Rau. There was an imperfection in one of the panels Rau sent back, so they resprayed it at their cost.

I was hoping for an Ocean Blue version of the Rubi dash which has a muted metallic effect, Rau’s process produces a pure matte finish, so you lose a bit of the metallic effect. But, Rau’s end product is 1000% better than what I was able to accomplish in my home-built paint booth; Rau’s results are as smooth to the touch as the Rubi dash, my results were sandpaper by comparison.

Jeep Wrangler JL Custom JL interior set in Rubicon Red CFF86D49-A04A-4606-8315-20498A652251

Jeep Wrangler JL Custom JL interior set in Rubicon Red CFF86D49-A04A-4606-8315-20498A652251
That looks gorgeous! Would you mind taking another picture from the back seat area showing the entire dash? I've no real interest in doing this but I just love that Ocean Blue color and man does it look great on the dash.

Side note, but where did you get that little CB clip-on for the passenger grab handle? That's something I've been looking for seemingly forever.

Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
That really does look fantastic, I don't think any color in the Jeep Rainbow could pull that look off quite as well as Ocean Blue. Great vision and great execution!

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
customsteeringwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL

Jeep Wrangler JL Custom JL interior set in Rubicon Red 9E101F88-CD08-4F8D-ADD7-502662A82A52

Jeep Wrangler JL Custom JL interior set in Rubicon Red 9E101F88-CD08-4F8D-ADD7-502662A82A52

Hey-
We really appreciate your positive post about your JL dash trim.
Thanks for taking the time and including the pics.

good to hear your a happy customer.

Cheers-
Rau

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So my 1st attempt at vinyl wrap had its learning moments. As you can see near the air vents, the material kept bunching up and I couldn't spread it out, even with a heat gun. I'll be removing this attempt and retrying from what ive learned for another go at it. If I keep coming up short, I'd like to go with the Rau options in Bikini Blue Pearl.

0912201444_HDR~2.jpg

OP
OP
Rau Racing Wheels

Rau Racing Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
customsteeringwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Tim -
The Bikini is a beautiful color. We use a Glasurit finishing system which includes all of the manufacturer's paint codes. Gloss or matte, we offer both options.

We have also made special steering wheels with "Bikini Fiber'.
It really does make the interior unique.

Bikini-Group-Matte-2.jpg

Wrangler-Bikini-Bikini-Magic.jpg

Sponsored

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
So my 1st attempt at vinyl wrap had its learning moments. As you can see near the air vents, the material kept bunching up and I couldn't spread it out, even with a heat gun. I'll be removing this attempt and retrying from what ive learned for another go at it. If I keep coming up short, I'd like to go with the Rau options in Bikini Blue Pearl.

Jeep Wrangler JL Custom JL interior set in Rubicon Red Wrangler-Bikini-Bikini-Magic
I was able to get good coverage with no wrinkles but it took a LONG time (maybe 4 hours per panel) and took a LOT of reheating and funky massaging to the point that I didn’t trust the vinyl to retain adhesion for an extended period of time (especially around the vents where the most massaging was required).

I gave up and had Rau paint my panels.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
I'd love to try to do my own trim panels, but has anyone really tried to look into getting the Redical red, code JEL in a pray can from anyone? IMPOSSIBLE!
I don't suppose aerosol cans of the redical red, JEL are available?

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
A good automotive paint store that mixes paint in their store should be able to put any color in a can, but you better have a dust-free paint booth and experience to apply it or you’ll be unhappy with the result. Been there, done that, ended up getting my panels done by Rau, which are perfect.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Tim -
The Bikini is a beautiful color. We use a Glasurit finishing system which includes all of the manufacturer's paint codes. Gloss or matte, we offer both options.

We have also made special steering wheels with "Bikini Fiber'.
It really does make the interior unique.
What's the current cost of just the dash panels, and my understanding is that it includes the new panels with exchange of your old ones, correct?

Tintin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon Recon
Rau
your web site doesn’t list the handles seperate. How much for two?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.