Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
When you just spent thousands on 20's and 37s, and you just joined to ask about spacer lifts

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
When you stop to congratulate someone on their brand new jeep, and they say they've owned it for 2.5 years

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Having owned a BFG tire shop years ago, I'd never used the WALMART tires--but

I tried the THUNDER TRAC M/Ts and they're OUTSTANDING, besides easy to balance--

JIMBO

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I have a $50,000 JL on order and currently have a 2017 JK. I’ve also never gone off road. I live in NYC and decided to look into some potential off road sites maybe in NJ or PA. The reason why I started this post with the price of my new Jeep is I checked you tube and some of these off road guys. You can keep it! Iv’e seen guys destroy their stuff on these trails. One guy’s Jeep was a day old! No thanks, I’ll keep my 4wd for the snow and take the Mall Crawler monicker. Say whatcha want, don’t care. Still love my Jeep!!
You dont have to crawl or do stupid shit to off road!, doesnt have to be like "T.V.".

IMG_20190928_161152598_HDR.jpg

This is right out of dealer, didnt even have my license plate yet, stock sport. There are trails out there for anyone and any set up. I did push it that day a bit and almost got stuck on a very steep hill, but I didnt have to!.

My jeep still looks mint, no need to destroy them for to do what they were born for. I did notice a few scratches on the skid plates and diff cover the other day, but thats what those are for!

Last edited:

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I'm not sure how much off roading I'll do in my loaded rubicon, but if I want to use it as a planter in my front yard, I'll do it and be happy about it, because I bought it. The last thing I am is a snowflake, but there's a crap load of people on this forum that may have owned wranglers their whole life and never off roaded, and a lot of first time buyers that don't know whether they will eventually go off road but wanted the jeep experience. Whether that's heading to the mall or home depot with the dogs and kids and the top off, or driving to work with the top on, who the f*** really cares. There's other forums that pander to the off roading is king, f*** yeah dude, let's go deer jacking, everybody else ain't chit mentality. If people who buy jeeps and don't off road are such a source of humor to you, maybe you should go there. And you guys all started this before 6 am. Early risers and right to it! Good job!
Sounds very snowflaky to me. lol ;)

I get being a poser, I really do. The jeep 4 door was made for both posers and real jeep people. ;) While I will make fun of posers (we all should but in good fun), the vehicle is way more handy for anyone to own and enjoy, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that PLUS real jeepers beneft from the sale to posers more than anyone....so shut up real jeepers!! ;)

I think jeep hit a home run and markets it as a wife car as well as a real man car. ;) SMART!

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
If you live in NY.. Since any kind of off-roading here is 100% illegal. What else can you use it for accept Mall & Starbucks runs..:(
We can drive on the beaches. With a permit. In marked areas only. But, so can a Camry with decent tires.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Sounds very snowflaky to me. lol ;)

I get being a poser, I really do. The jeep 4 door was made for both posers and real jeep people. ;) While I will make fun of posers (we all should but in good fun), the vehicle is way more handy for anyone to own and enjoy, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that PLUS real jeepers beneft from the sale to posers more than anyone....so shut up real jeepers!! ;)

I think jeep hit a home run and markets it as a wife car as well as a real man car. ;) SMART!
Uh oh...you called a Jeep a "car". Now you've done it.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
If your transfer case lever has cobwebs - you might have a mall crawler.
Transfer case? is that something that takes my shopping bags and puts them in the rear storage for me?

BOOM, MALL CRAWLER COMMENT OF THE WEEK !!!

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
If "off-road" means your driveway, unless:
That would cut down on your visitors!

Jeep Wrangler JL You might have a "mall crawler" if..... IMG_20190928_161152598_HDR

This is right out of dealer, didnt even have my license plate yet, stock sport.
Same here- still on the paper tag! Just got back from a trip to Colorado in my Sport. Most of what we did you could do in any 2WD SUV. There was only one short spot of a trail where I thought it was steep enough to need 4LO, and another mile long section of severely rutted downhill that I think would have been difficult in a lesser SUV. I'll never attempt trails that would challenge a Rubicon because I couldn't afford to buy a Rubicon, but I want to go places where only the Wrangler could take me so I bought it for that and I'm going to use it for that.
Jeep Wrangler JL You might have a "mall crawler" if..... 1100-DSC_6030i

The jeep 4 door was made for both posers and real jeep people.
They are happy to sell to anyone, the money's the same. There are posers everywhere- people that buy a BMW just to say they own a BMW but to them it's still just another car. Office workers or doctors that buy a Harley and then dress up like a renegade on weekends, people that drive jacked up pickups and have never been close to a ranch, and of course people that buy a Jeep to drive to the mall. This is probably just the beginning of the list. The people who buy a vehicle to be a poser know who they are and they have to accept some comments from other people. I don't believe in mean-spirited comments but I think some lesser comments are inevitable.
Sponsored