Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Just to give an update after awhile of having my Nomad wheels they have done fine all the way down to 12-15 psi on the trails(need to get a ARB compressor). Only thing is that once a week or every two weeks I gotta bring my tire pressure back up to what I run my BFG KM3 35” tires at(35 psi). Don’t know if anyone else has a slow per se leak or maybe it’s living out here in Hawaii.
I did invest into the rub rash rings and they definitely saved the wheels from some serious rocks that my Jeep was resting against up a trail we have called Slip and Slide. I will say after a muddy trip it’s a good idea to take them off to get the mud that collects behind the rings. I colored my rings to match my body color from the local Napa shop. Took a few coats but they look awesome!
Jeep Wrangler JL Tera Flex Nomad Wheels 56BDD379-4087-44BB-A789-74947A034C11
Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
The green ring looks awesome with your Jeep!

I have a 2021 JLUR diesel now on order. Knew we were going that route and a couple weeks ago I found a local set of one-off beadlock Nomads with 37" KM3s. One is leaking at the release valve so I need to trouble-shoot that, but otherwise I'm excited to get these mounted!
Jeep Wrangler JL Tera Flex Nomad Wheels Nomad Beadlock

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
The green ring looks awesome with your Jeep!

I have a 2021 JLUR diesel now on order. Knew we were going that route and a couple weeks ago I found a local set of one-off beadlock Nomads with 37" KM3s. One is leaking at the release valve so I need to trouble-shoot that, but otherwise I'm excited to get these mounted!
I've been thinking about contacting @TeraFlex because I have had a slow leak with all my tires, and the only location i can figure its coming from is one of the valves. I haven't been off-road now for more than three months(mostly due to covid) and i have to weekly bring my PSI back from 27-29 psi back up to 35 psi that I normally keep them at. Otherwise i get complements about them since I got them.

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
Just to give an update after awhile of having my Nomad wheels they have done fine all the way down to 12-15 psi on the trails(need to get a ARB compressor). Only thing is that once a week or every two weeks I gotta bring my tire pressure back up to what I run my BFG KM3 35” tires at(35 psi). Don’t know if anyone else has a slow per se leak or maybe it’s living out here in Hawaii.
I did invest into the rub rash rings and they definitely saved the wheels from some serious rocks that my Jeep was resting against up a trail we have called Slip and Slide. I will say after a muddy trip it’s a good idea to take them off to get the mud that collects behind the rings. I colored my rings to match my body color from the local Napa shop. Took a few coats but they look awesome!
56BDD379-4087-44BB-A789-74947A034C11.jpeg
I love the nomads....I have had mine since they first released them and I have never had any problem keeping them at 35psi. I never have to add air. somethign is not right somewhere in your wheels?

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I love the nomads....I have had mine since they first released them and I have never had any problem keeping them at 35psi. I never have to add air. somethign is not right somewhere in your wheels?
Ya I’ve been debating what location to go to. The place that installed them I haven’t had issues with but this was a first for them with these valves. Might have to ask my local Jeep group for a location that can check the wheel/tires because even my parts guy asked about them losing psi.

Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
I've been thinking about contacting @TeraFlex because I have had a slow leak with all my tires, and the only location i can figure its coming from is one of the valves. I haven't been off-road now for more than three months(mostly due to covid) and i have to weekly bring my PSI back from 27-29 psi back up to 35 psi that I normally keep them at. Otherwise i get complements about them since I got them.
Hey, I would take some soapy water and spray them around the valves to check for leaks. Could be a pinched o-ring somewhere. Definitely feel free to give us a call once you find it and will get you taken care of. 801-713-3314

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
Ya I’ve been debating what location to go to. The place that installed them I haven’t had issues with but this was a first for them with these valves. Might have to ask my local Jeep group for a location that can check the wheel/tires because even my parts guy asked about them losing psi.

this is an obvious check for something I just remembered. when I first got my rims and all the components many (all cant remember?) of the red valve stem caps did not have orings. if you did not notice that there should be an oring or all of yours didnt have one its possible to miss that there is something important missing.. reason being when I remove my valve stem caps there is always a pop of air as the oring seal is broken when I remove the cap. So some small amount of air is leaking past the valve stem and building pressure behind the valve stem cap. So if you didnt have the orings on the caps that air would leak out and tire slowly loses pressure. jsut a fyi for somethign to check.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
this is an obvious check for something I just remembered. when I first got my rims and all the components many (all cant remember?) of the red valve stem caps did not have orings. if you did not notice that there should be an oring or all of yours didnt have one its possible to miss that there is something important missing.. reason being when I remove my valve stem caps there is always a pop of air as the oring seal is broken when I remove the cap. So some small amount of air is leaking past the valve stem and building pressure behind the valve stem cap. So if you didnt have the orings on the caps that air would leak out and tire slowly loses pressure. jsut a fyi for somethign to check.
I want to say acouple of the o-rings fell apart when I was using the one valve to release the air faster. I didn’t watch my wheels get put together. I brought the boxes to the tire and wheel place and they did it for me. Now I’m wondering if it’s best to just take my Jeep to discount tire or another place and have them take the valves off and put new o-rings on them.‍♂ Just more to do......

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co

How did you paint this rash ring?

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
How did you paint this rash ring?
bumping/resurrecting this old question :)

@shadowmoto17 the painted rash rings look awesome! Do you have any paint recommendations or tips to share? How is the color holding up, any cracking or flaking?

Thanks!
Sponsored