Status
Not open for further replies.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

One thing to consider is how long it will take for after market parts to come out for it. So, for those of us who like to tinker and change things up, you're gonna have to pay a premium when these other parts come out.
Aftermarket for the Bronco will take a while to develop just like it did for the JL (and probably even longer since there was no JK like previous generation to slightly change up parts from). But the extensive list of factory options and accessories will help hold people over until the aftermarket matures. Did you see this list of accessories available?

Leaked Options List: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/leaked-2021-ford-bronco-options-decoded-engines-transmissions-gear-ratios-trims-colors-tops-packages-more.1606/

It's actually much more extensive than Jeep offers as OE options/accessories.
Sponsored

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
BTW several here at work have had utter failure with the turbos on their truck eco boost v6's. Fail replace fail replace... All have traded them off for Dodges and Chevys (UAW shop). Tom
Really? I'd love to see the actual data on that. I just retired from a company that has over 100 Ecoboost F150s and has had for 5 years. Not one turbo failure! That's why I bought my Ecoboost, and in 44,000 miles now all I've had to do is change the oil and rotate the tires.

I think if people were having that many problems with them I'd see it on the F150 forums but I don't. And this wouldn't be the best-selling truck in the country.

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Really? I'd love to see the actual data on that. I just retired from a company that has over 100 Ecoboost F150s and has had for 5 years. Not one turbo failure! That's why I bought my Ecoboost, and in 44,000 miles now all I've had to do is change the oil and rotate the tires.

I think if people were having that many problems with them I'd see it on the F150 forums but I don't. And this wouldn't be the best-selling truck in the country.
My Wife had trouble with her 2018 Ecoboost Escape Titanium and my friend's Mom's 2019 Escape has been in the shop for 2 months with engine failure. Both were very low miles and serviced at the dealership regularly. Another of my friends has the 2014 F150 Ecoboost (also serviced regularly) and hasn't had any problems. We towed a trailer with our Harley's in it from NC to Sturgis, SD and Laconia, NH and it didn't miss a beat. But it's a different engine (3.5) than the Escapes and correct me if I'm wrong but the Bronco is getting the Escape engines.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
My Wife had trouble with her 2018 Ecoboost Escape Titanium and my friend's Mom's 2019 Escape has been in the shop for 2 months with engine failure. Both were very low miles and serviced at the dealership regularly. Another of my friends has the 2014 F150 Ecoboost (also serviced regularly) and hasn't had any problems. We towed a trailer with our Harley's in it from NC to Sturgis, SD and Laconia, NH and it didn't miss a beat. But it's a different engine (3.5) than the Escapes and correct me if I'm wrong but the Bronco is getting the Escape engines.
Bronco is getting the 2.3 which goes in the Explorer/mustang/ranger. It is a much better built engine than the 2.0 in the escape. Mustang guys abuse the crap out of them and they chug right along as long as you don’t crank up the boost too high.

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
I hate to say this but I think the Bronco will be a better "jeep" for a lot of people then the Wrangler is. The Wrangler is in a tough spot, it remains a true enthusiasts vehicle that Jeep has honestly done a great job making palatable for the average car buyer. But it's a big tradeoff keeping the live axles that well all demand. With the Broncos IFS it will be good enough offroad for most people and offer on road handling more aligned with what people are expecting. Especially the ones that haven't driven a Jeep before and expect the Wrangler to handle like a BMW.

Sponsored

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
It will take some time for Bronco to catch up ( if ever ) to the youthful appeal of the Jeep brand. It has a cult following that has deep seated roots and that just does not get undone overnight. I have no doubt that Jeep will answer Ford’s call to ensure they remain king of the hill.
Agreed...I love the Jeep and the Heritage behind it. I own and love my Rubicon and I actually look forward to the Bronco.

It will definitely force FCA to up some of their game for sure. Ford has deep pockets and this is obvious in the marketing.

My big grip is that Ford is trying to act like the Bronco is a direct result of the Willys MB and the Ford GP. Yes Ford did build Jeeps from Willys design per demand by plans provided by the Govt. But the Bronco didn't come around until the 60's about 15-16 year after the CJ was out.

Jeep has stayed pretty true (for the most part) even under other ownership over the years.
Ford let the Bronco slowly get worse and worse over the year and strayed so far away from the original that they scrapped it.....until they again seen the popularity of the Jeep and other Off Roaders rise and seen $$$$again. Ford doesn't even have loyalty to it's own brand except for the Mustang and the F series trucks (which they charge the body style on every 6 months).

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Jeep JLUS
I don’t get paid by Jeep so my loyalties are only to God, Family, and Country.
If Ford can make a solid-axle, more powerful, better mpg, better vehicle with better option availability and pricing, then YES!
I’ll bet it will be a tough contender with it’s Dana solid axles, better engine, and bigger stock tires. Jeep has been a lazy company charging WAY too much without competition. It’s time to see a good fight, like the old days!
We’re gonna see if this Bronco will beat the Wrangler or if the old cowboy is about to get bucked off!

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
My interest in the 4-door Wrangler is definitely for the cargo space.
Yea, I can't count the times having the 4-door was essential for me over the last 2+ years with it. Numerous trips, lots of passengers. It's certainly come in handy.

If I was in a different place in my life and didn't have a young kid, a 2-door would probably be just fine. I know some people still make it work, and my hat is off to those people, but I'm good with the 4-door for now lol

Pretty excited to see how much room the 2-door bronco will have.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
My Wife had trouble with her Escape Titanium and my friend's Mom's has engine failure. Both were very low miles and serviced at the dealership regularly. Another of my friends has the 2014 F150 (also serviced regularly) and hasn't had any problems. We towed a trailer from NC to Sturgis, SD and Laconia, NH and it didn't miss a beat. But it's a different engine (3.5) than the Escapes and the Bronco is getting the Escape engines.
All valid points.

What you’re really saying is that the Bronco is going to ESCAPE (F.O.R.D.) from everyday performance and owners are going to need at least an F150 to tow it.

Rumor has it that any F-series truck from Ford will have a $50k Bronco option package that includes the 2DR Bronco and the flatbed trailer to tow it. Internal codes are calling it option F-U-CSTMR.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
As excited as people are to see the Bronco I’m more excited to see what Jeep brings to the table. I have NEVER driven a vehicle( and I’ve had MANY from sports cars to luxury SUV’s) that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. The interior is incredible and the drive is amazing compared to wranglers I’ve owned in the 80’s and 90’s. When I drive my 2020 Rubi it really makes me feel like nothing is off limits. The added benefits are the reactions I get from people. I’ve been stopped at traffic lights, parking lots, restaurants... you name it, with people( even folks that know nothing about Jeeps) saying what a beautiful ride. If the Bronco can lay claim to all that.... hats off to them.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I don’t get paid by Jeep so my loyalties are only to God, Family, and Country.
If Ford can make a solid-axle, more powerful, better mpg, better vehicle with better option availability and pricing, then YES!
I’ll bet it will be a tough contender with it’s Dana solid axles, better engine, and bigger stock tires. Jeep has been a lazy company charging WAY too much without competition. It’s time to see a good fight, like the old days!
We’re gonna see if this Bronco will beat the Wrangler or if the old cowboy is about to get bucked off!
Except it won't have solid axles....

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Another thread has the 3.6 lasting 626,000 before a timing chains topped it. At that rate, my rig at 12 thou yearly will last me 50+ years. I had a '72 Bronco and many other Fords, at 150,000 and all where toast. Until the new Bronco proves itself. I'll keep rocking my JLR.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I was planning to take a serious look at the Bronco but I’m very happy with my decision to order and take delivery of my Recon. Ford has been forever in getting this thing to market and they’re still 10 months out before the first delivery. It will take two more years to work out the bugs. Life is too short yo spend waiting for a still unknown...

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Another thread has the 3.6 lasting 626,000 before a timing chains topped it. At that rate, my rig at 12 thou yearly will last me 50+ years. I had a '72 Bronco and many other Fords, at 150,000 and all where toast. Until the new Bronco proves itself. I'll keep rocking my JLR.
620k miles in 6 years is a whole lot different than even 250k in 20 years. Still very impressive don’t get me wrong, but not every single one is getting to 620k.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
620k miles in 6 years is a whole lot different than even 250k in 20 years. Still very impressive don’t get me wrong, but not every single one is getting to 620k.
Also, American vehicles in the 70s and 80s were shit. I owned plenty to have first hand experience.

I still have one. And a Bronco at that.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looks Like Ford Bronco is Serious About Taking on the Wrangler 20200709_204535
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.