Not open for further replies.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
If all of the terms listed on the leaks are options Bronco is releasing with, they’ve really gone above and beyond.
Several different bike rack options,
Under body rock lights, rotopax mounts, awning, 305/70 mud terrains etc. it’s like everything aftermarket Jeepers do, but potentially available from the factory. This is going to be interesting.

I won’t be trading my Jeep, but I’m sure trying to convince my wife to replace her Grand Cherokee!

The "insiders" have been alluding to this for months now. But what do they know, they are just internet trolls who know nothing.
Sponsored

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Take this all with a grain of salt but it's been said that this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is plenty more to come. The sources that have proven to be reliable have stated that they aren't sure if EVERYTHING that is coming will be shown on Monday. They've hinted at some major things still down the pipeline but haven't tipped their caps as to what just yet.

Tangokilo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Oldsmobile 442, 2001 4runner, 2010 Honda Accord V6 Coupe, 2011 VW Golf, 1969 Triump T100 MC and 2018 JLU Sport S
Maybe this has already been posted? From the Detoit Free Press yesterday. Race truck but you get a pretty good idea. BTW several here at work have had utter failure with the turbos on their truck eco boost v6's. Fail replace fail replace... All have traded them off for Dodges and Chevys (UAW shop). Tom

Screenshot_20200709-102339.png

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Copied this from a response I gave on another thread that sums up the current state of affairs well:

“Remember this is Fords 1st crack at this. I have absolutely no doubt that Jeep and Toyota will respond if/ when necessary. They will gauge pre-orders, demographics, age etc and after obtaining whatever necessary data will answer the call in the next gen models. Jeep has enormous brand name recognition, especially with younger buyers. My kids have no clue what a Bronco is, but every single kid in their school knows Jeep and wants one. This is what Ford is up against and it will be a long, uphill battle for them”

Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I was until they drug it out so long I couldn't wait any more. They lost me last year. I had nothing but Ford cars, Trucks and SUVs for over 20 years. Now there's 1 less Ford and 2 new Jeeps.

We'll consider it when its time for my wife to get something new.
I’m with you. I’ve forever been a Ford and a Bronco fan since I was a kid. I was ecstatic when they announced it. But they rubbed me the wrong way with dragging this out so long. I’m at the point that I can’t wait until April to take delivery of my replacement vehicle. I’m on borrowed time with my current car. And I decided to let them work out all the initial kinks. We’ll see what the Bronco has to offer in a couple of years. If they were quicker to release, we probably would’ve still risked getting one. Instead, now we’re waiting on our first ever Jeep!

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Take this all with a grain of salt but it's been said that this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is plenty more to come. The sources that have proven to be reliable have stated that they aren't sure if EVERYTHING that is coming will be shown on Monday. They've hinted at some major things still down the pipeline but haven't tipped their caps as to what just yet.
Agreed Brad. Ford is serious about this new "Built Wild" lineup. I saw on a fairly credible video the rumored "Warthog" edition was actually a new truck they were coming out with in 2022 and not a Bronco. All speculation at this point but maybe their answer to the Gladiator(?). Like others have said, this will only make Jeep step up their game, which is good for loyal Jeep owners. I got a snicker when I posted it may go the way of the Hummer in the future. Hummer's were wildly popular and they had off-road adventure parks and everything else for them. My wife had one and was given the course free for buying it. I suspect the Bronco will be wildly popular too. But will the popularity fade? Why did they stop producing Bronco's/Hummer's? You could say recession on Hummer's part but if they were selling them they wouldn't have ended it. It's all about profits. That said, GM IS coming out with a new GMC "Hummer" in 2022 with removable top/doors. And electric. https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev. Maybe GM will expand the Hummer brand to be its version of "Trail Rated/Built Wild". GM always seems to be late to the party like with the Camaro years after the Mustang/Challenger revival. I do like the way the Bronco's look and I also suspect they will have features we wish we had on our Jeeps, like the tool-less removable doors and door storage tray.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I’m with you. But they rubbed me the wrong way so long on the initial kinks. If they were quicker to release, we would’ve still risked getting one. Instead, now we’re waiting on our first ever Jeep!
Spot on! Re your new Wrangler, That’s great! Congrats! :like:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’m with you. I’ve forever been a Ford and a Bronco fan since I was a kid. I was ecstatic when they announced it. But they rubbed me the wrong way with dragging this out so long. I’m at the point that I can’t wait until April to take delivery of my replacement vehicle. I’m on borrowed time with my current car. And I decided to let them work out all the initial kinks. We’ll see what the Bronco has to offer in a couple of years. If they were quicker to release, we probably would’ve still risked getting one. Instead, now we’re waiting on our first ever Jeep!
Actually it’s even longer than that: production is supposed to start in April 2021. By the time your order gets through and your Bronco is shipped you are looking at close to one year from now.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Agreed Brad. Ford is serious about this new "Built Wild" lineup. I saw on a fairly credible video the rumored "Warthog" edition was actually a new truck they were coming out with in 2022 and not a Bronco. All speculation at this point but maybe their answer to the Gladiator(?). Like others have said, this will only make Jeep step up their game, which is good for loyal Jeep owners. I got a snicker when I posted it may go the way of the Hummer in the future. Hummer's were wildly popular and they had off-road adventure parks and everything else for them. My wife had one and was given the course free for buying it. I suspect the Bronco will be wildly popular too. But will the popularity fade? Why did they stop producing Bronco's/Hummer's? You could say recession on Hummer's part but if they were selling them they wouldn't have ended it. It's all about profits. That said, GM IS coming out with a new GMC "Hummer" in 2022 with removable top/doors. And electric. https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev. Maybe GM will expand the Hummer brand to be its version of "Trail Rated/Built Wild". GM always seems to be late to the party like with the Camaro years after the Mustang/Challenger revival. I do like the way the Bronco's look and I also suspect they will have features we wish we had on our Jeeps, like the tool-less removable doors and door storage tray.
Does Hummer still have any name recognition? I remember thinking the original Hummers were cool back in the day. But after GM diluted the brand by building watered down SUVs under the Hummer nameplate, they lost that luster for me.

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Copied this from a response I gave on another thread that sums up the current state of affairs well:

“Remember this is Fords 1st crack at this. I have absolutely no doubt that Jeep and Toyota will respond if/ when necessary. They will gauge pre-orders, demographics, age etc and after obtaining whatever necessary data will answer the call in the next gen models. Jeep has enormous brand name recognition, especially with younger buyers. My kids have no clue what a Bronco is, but every single kid in their school knows Jeep and wants one. This is what Ford is up against and it will be a long, uphill battle for them”
I will argue that most "young ones" aren't buying $40-60,000 Jeeps. It's us "experienced" individuals that can afford more expensive toys.
However, how many of us started with a cheap very used Jeep and got hooked?

THAT is Jeeps big advantage. Outside of the early Bronco, fullsize broncos havent really been able to hold a candle to a Jeep

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does Hummer still have any name recognition? I remember thinking the original Hummers were cool back in the day. But after GM diluted the brand by building watered down SUVs under the Hummer nameplate, they lost that luster for me.
Agreed. I think GM is reaching. They could have done so much with the Blazer instead of what they have now.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Posts video of F.O.R.D. pulling a Bronco
But... why’s it being flat bedded? :CWL:
However, how many of us started with a cheap very used Jeep and got hooked?
This is a good point and it’s true. As a side note, I’ll guess many people will read your comment as
However, how many of us started with a cheap hooker in a Jeep and got very used?
The answer of which is none because we are ALL fine, upstanding citizens. Right, right?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
- The modular hardtop is a huge blow to Jeep. The current hardtop for wrangler, even though it is better than the JK, it is till a pita. I even have the toplift pro and would still prefer a modular hardtop 100 times.
- The 2D bronco is rumored to have a decent trunk space. You can still drive something that doesnt look like a school bus and have proper trunk space is a huge pro imo.
- The bronco 's offroad system is going to be more advanced - technologically speaking - than the wrangler. This is subjective, and might not matter, When it comes to off-roading so far, mechanics still beat electronics/software. we will see.
- Towing capacity is going to be much higher than the wrangler.
- Real roof rack option. The bronco is rumored to have a roof cross-bar system that can hold serious weight. I have to admit, the roof rack system for the hardtop offered by mopar is pathetic for current standards.

In my mind the Bronco is already much more practical than the wrangler (theoretically). So it would definitely take customers from Toyota's 4runner and Tacos. In terms of it beating the wrangler, it probably will because of their removable hardtop.

Then it all boils down to the IFS. They keep talking about a G.O.A.T system or whatever, intended for low speed off-roading., and rumors of a suspension that can dynamically change its height. So we will find out next week what kind of magic they can pull out with their IFS. Maybe the Bronco is the next generation off-roader, maybe it is all hype. We will find out. I think it is mostly hype.

One thing I know for sure, in 5 to 7 years we as consumers will have plenty of options. When we are ready to sell our wranglers there will be a clear winner, waiting for us at the dealer.

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rumors of a suspension that can dynamically change its height. So we will find out next week what kind of magic they can pull out with their IFS. Maybe the Bronco is the next generation off-roader, maybe it is all hype. We will find out. I think it is mostly hype.
Maybe they learned something (good or bad) from their time owning Land Rover?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.