• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Easy hoss. I wasn't making it political. Just stating that CNN makes a lot of mistakes. Any media fact checker out there can tell you the same thing.
Gotcha. You were referring to their food reviews ;)

So, any thoughts on my other question? Do you think jeeps would have the slotted grille design if Ford never created it?

Hrm... sorry, I guess that's basically asking you to look inside minds from the past, which is impossible. So maybe... Willys dropping 2 slots to get the civilian version going is enough to say Ford didn't create the iconic grille?
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Gotcha. You were referring to their food reviews ;)

So, any thoughts on my other question? Do you think jeeps would have the slotted grille design if Ford never created it?
Impossible to really say. There were just too many hands in the cookie jar back then. Yes, Ford stamped the grill first, but there are elements from each of them in the whole overall design. For me to conjecture as to what could have been is really too difficult to do.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Impossible to really say. There were just too many hands in the cookie jar back then. Yes, Ford stamped the grill first, but there are elements from each of them in the whole overall design. For me to conjecture as to what could have been is really too difficult to do.
Yea, I agree with that.

Well, back to waiting for July 13th!

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Welp. Preliminary docs have been circulated to the media ahead of Monday. Monday is going to be a realllllllllly interesting day for this thread.

Sponsored

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
Yea, I despise them. I have the smallest one in my jeep lol

This one doesn't strike me as huge for some reason, though. Maybe because it's not laid out like a tablet like in rams, subarus, teslas, etc.
I dispise them as well. It seems to me they contribute to distracted driving. I prefer fewer buttons like the JK which has three large rotary dials to control the hvac which I can operate without having to look down to search for them. Even the JL with the 5" screen has simpler hvac controls than the multi tiny button JL with 7" or larger screen.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
The day the 70 series landcruiser comes to the US, that day I would say the Wrangler got serious trail competition. The bronco doesnt have a solid axle, they are not targeting the same type of offroading, it is pretty clear we are gonna see a lot of front tires hanging in the air. Ford wants to sell and make large profits, they took the elements of the 4runner and the elements of the wrangler consumers like. Thats it. The Bronco is gonna be fast, loud, practical, comfortable, convertible, and attractive, but not a Wrangler.
agree. as much as I am bummed about the lack of a SFA, I feel better since my favorite trails will likely be less visited because of it. ;)

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I like big screens. I can handle not being distracted since I have willpower. lol For those that actually wheel a big screen can be handy especially if it has topo or satellite imagery.

Since the bronco appears to not compete with jeep and is more of a baja machine a bigger screen would come in handy too.

I like everything alleged about the bronco except for IFS.

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
4.7 axle gearing, 35” tires, front and rear lockers, “front stabilizer disconnect” (sway bar?) 2.7 Ecoboost, “Sasquatch” package. Who the hell knows what that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.