Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER SPORTS UNLIMITED 3.6 4 DOORS JL
There are no circumstances where proper installation of this brace should cause or even bring out vibrations; it just doesn't impact any relevant part of the steering system. If you didn't tighten something down properly that could cause it but it would be nearly constant. Worst case, if the brace is misaligned, it will push the sector shaft one way or another but that's not something that will cause vibration.

I'd recommend double-checking that you torqued everything properly but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. At 55mph, I'd be looking at tires and wheels (balance first, then defects/deformities). It's likely you are just paying more attention now that you have a new part and you're noticing something you didn't see before.
My sector shaft brace 3/8 hex screw nut is loss tread came off, everything is tight. Can I drive the jeep till I get a new screw and not damaging steering gearbox?
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S
The only 3/8" bolts/screws are those holding the brace in so if you remove the bolt and screw and the silver aluminum brace piece, you can just drive normally from there.

thecarps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Okay i did took out the brace and put gease all over on top of the brace and put it back and tight and torque and regrease the zerk fitting, and still making the clinking sound at this i will keep checking where the clicking sound is coming need to fix this issue asap before get worst please help thanks.
You might have mentioned this before but if not lifted, put the factory trackbar back on. I have issues with my Synergy trackbar. It’s not fitting right and making noise. I put the factory back on to validate and was indeed the Synergy trackbar bushings. Make sure it’s torqued to 110 ft lbs

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only 3/8" bolts/screws are those holding the brace in so if you remove the bolt and screw and the silver aluminum brace piece, you can just drive normally from there.
So not gonna damage steering gearbox or anything with out this brace while driving right? Also the silver aluminium brace piece, what is this for is this brace is important please help thanks.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might have mentioned this before but if not lifted, put the factory trackbar back on. I have issues with my Synergy trackbar. It’s not fitting right and making noise. I put the factory back on to validate and was indeed the Synergy trackbar bushings. Make sure it’s torqued to 110 ft lbs
So the trackbar bushing is the problem and what is the name of the broken trackbar?

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S
So not gonna damage steering gearbox or anything with out this brace while driving right? Also the silver aluminium brace piece, what is this for is this brace is important please help thanks.
The grey bracket is reinforcement for the frame with a provision to mount the brace. The sector shaft brace is the silver piece and you can absolutely run without it without any fear of damaging anything.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So the brace is not so important?
Try taking it off and turn your wheels to see if you still here the clicking. If not, then you know it’s the bushing. If it is the bushing you can PM me and I’ll walk you through how to get it apart and back together. Or... you can do like some others did and throw it in the trash.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try taking it off and turn your wheels to see if you still here the clicking. If not, then you know it’s the bushing. If it is the bushing you can PM me and I’ll walk you through how to get it apart and back together. Or... you can do like some others did and throw it in the trash.
Taking off the brace, is this what you mean?

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladaitor Sport S
So the brace is not so important?
It's half the point of adding the entire assembly. The other half is to reinforce the frame at the steering box and the track bar mount. It is not essential but it's also not a waste to have just the grey piece installed.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took out the silver brace and turn wheels and slightly go reverse, forward, still clicking sounds at this point, i will checking where the sound is coming from. Need to fix this clicking sound asap before get worst.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the trackbar bushing is the problem and what is the name of the broken trackbar?
Took out the silver brace and turn wheels and slightly go reverse, forward, still clicking sounds at this point, i will checking where the sound is coming from. Need to fix this clicking sound asap before get worst.

drtrdr85

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Okay i did took out the brace and put gease all over on top of the brace and put it back and tight and torque and regrease the zerk fitting, and still making the clinking sound, i will keep checking where the clicking sound is coming need to fix this issue asap before get worst please help thanks.

Today i will have my jeep balance the tires and alignment to fix the vibration in my steering wheels and hope this will fix this vibration. Do you think is good to bring at just tires and have them do it, or bring it to jeep shop?

:jk: :flag::like:
Does it still click when you take the sector shaft brace off? I took mine off and tried it and the clicking went away so I was able to diagnose it was that.

OP
OP

jhernandez

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it still click when you take the sector shaft brace off? I took mine off and tried it and the clicking went away so I was able to diagnose it was that.
Yes, take out the sector shaft brace and still clicking sound need to fix asap before get worst please help thanks. How can i insert a video here so you can hear the clicking sounds?
Sponsored

Last edited: