Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Bestop changed their instructions to now have everything assembled before install. The original instructions called for the door rails to be installed on the vehicle first. So, yes, this is the "new" method per Bestop, regardless of whether you chose to install this way before anyone else.
@jludave From the get go talk here it was assembled and then lifted and bolted onto the JL. Read this post and watch the video. In that post I commented positively on the install video. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...w-jeep®-wrangler-jl-is-here.14932/post-453491
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm anxiously waiting for my Sunrider to arrive.. I watched a bunch of install videos a couple of months ago. I could have sworn that I saw some assemble the Sunrider on the Jeep and other assemble it on a table then install it on the Jeep. What is correct way? Maybe there is only one way and I remembered it incorrectly? Thanks
@psdtime Take the time to read this thread from the beginning. Watch this video and do as it says to do. Fully Assemble and then lift onto your JL and bolt it down. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...w-jeep®-wrangler-jl-is-here.14932/post-453491

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
You’re right, the creak, rattle and popping is definitely from rear bar, more on passenger side. its driving me crazy, can’t seem to get it to go away. I’ve tried foam tape, adjusting, loosening, and tightening. Called Bestop cus Serv and they said weird, haven’t heard of that issue ever before.
Spray the contact points with silicone. My noises went away. Cover the seats with a old sheet.

Sponsored

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my Sunrider. If any of you have been waiting on one to ship for what seems like too long, make sure to call the vendor. My order was somehow on hold because of a part number change. I decided to assemble it in my office since I have a 2yo at home that never lets me concentrate on what I'm doing. I got the Z clips in without too much trouble and the door rails installed. My question is since I need to put it in my truck to haul it home to my Jeep, how should I carry it? In the closed position or the open position?
**Edit: I figured it out. I think I'm just being overly cautious because I paid $850 on it.

Thanks

Last edited:

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my Sunrider. If any of you have been waiting on one to ship for what seems like too long, make sure to call the vendor. My order was somehow on hold because of a part number change. I decided to assemble it in my office since I have a 2yo at home that never lets me concentrate on what I'm doing. I got the Z clips in without too much trouble and the door rails installed. My question is since I need to put it in my truck to haul it home to my Jeep, how should I carry it? In the closed position or the open position?
**Edit: I figured it out. I think I'm just being overly cautious because I paid $850 on it.

Thanks
Just got it installed. This one is different than then the others I've seen in the install videos. I didn't have to use the nuts that came with the hardware. There are treaded brass inserts there. There are also 4 brass treaded inserts on each arm that extends down the roll bar that must be a future product to mount to. I'll post a picture tomorrow from my computer. My thought is that the sunshade is coming.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@psdtime I too installed mine yesterday, and noticed that I had two spare nuts, and no mention of them in the installation instructions!
The bolts do stick out/up further than I expected, but....
Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! IMG_3416

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! IMG_3417

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@psdtime I too installed mine yesterday, and noticed that I had two spare nuts, and no mention of them in the installation instructions!
The bolts do stick out/up further than I expected, but....
Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! IMG_3417

Yeah I was concerned about how much the bolts stuck up too. I slowly closed it a few times with my finger on top of the bolt to make sure it wouldn't contact with the fabric, but there seems to be a good amount of space between them. Those 8 threaded holes have to be for a future product. So far, I couldn't happier with my Sunrider.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is the photo. You can see the threaded holes I'm talking about.

@psdtime

My SR for JL was one of the first shipped when Bestop started selling them. I was a pre order. ANYWAY, my SR has the same threaded holes that you say are something new.... and I'm not kidding.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@psdtime

My SR for JL was one of the first shipped when Bestop started selling them. I was a pre order. ANYWAY, my SR has the same threaded holes that you say are something new.... and I'm not kidding.
Ok, I believe you. There was definitely a change on the mounting though. Although I was provided the two nuts, they are no longer needed since there are now threaded inserts where those nuts would have been used.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I believe you. There was definitely a change on the mounting though. Although I was provided the two nuts, they are no longer needed since there are now threaded inserts where those nuts would have been used.
I don't even remember if I got those nuts. I double checked my SR a minutes ago to verify what I posted.

Anyway, enjoy that SR... You are going to love it.

Hint: Place a ribbon or something on your steering wheel or right where you cant miss it when you get in, if you close SR and not latch it say at home or grocery store. You will get in and drive off and BAM it will scare chitt out if you when it flies open.. Been there done that.. fortunately, no damage.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@psdtime

Here's mine. Almost 2yrs. old. Final price for me for the TWILL was $350 from Bestop. Long story... 8-)

2020-07-08 18.19.06.jpg
Sponsored