Sponsored

Disadvantages of having the top off - whats your story??

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I just came back from a ride - around midnight tonight I decided to go to 7-11 to get something to drink. Most of you know that I am still reeling off from the joyous feeling of driving with the top off for the first time. It exuberating, wonderful feeling, with the winds blowing on my face and Luke Bryan was playing on the radio. The night was cool and I was happy.

And then suddenly I saw a dead skunk in the middle of the road. With trepidation I started to sniff (whyyyyyyyy??!!!!!) can't smell anything when suddenly.....

WHAM!!!!

OMG!!! I have never ever EVER smelled such a concentration of a skunk before. I have very sensitive nose and the smell was pummeling my face mercilessly. It was HORRIBLE and I was gagging wishing that it was over. But you know how skunk smell is. They linger for a distance. My ecstacy turned into a nightmare, and Luke Bryan was singing "She said play it again, play it again, play it again" and now that song is ruined! RUINED FOR ME!!! Tainted with the concentrated skunk stench.

Needless say I did not enjoyed my drink that much. If you think that it is bad enough to smell the skunk from an insulated air conditioned car, being out in the open and smelling the by product of a dead skunk is worst. I took a longer route home. With my radio off! That damn skunk ruined everything. Then I took a shower once I came back home.

Ugh! Next time I see a dead skunk with my top off, I am going to suck in as much air as possible, hold my breath and speed up!!! No fun!!

Are there ANYTHING else that I should be aware of with my Jeep top off??? Golly!!!
just drive past a bbq restaurant or food truck. opposite experience of a skunk, but then your hungry and have to stop for a samich lol

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Only disadvantage is when you have to leave the Jeep out of your sight if you're going for a quick trek off the trail... hasn't been an issue, just paranoia.

Otherwise, I can't keep the top off enough.

Sponsored

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
Had the top down on the beach. Came back some time later to Seagulls having crapped all over my interior. Guess they were fighting over the half eaten dead rat that I also found on the driver’s seat?
that’s a good one. My story was last summer when I got stuck in slow, bumper to bumper traffic behind a ripe garbage truck. Disgusting, I might as well have been riding in the back with the garbage. On a good note, I love driving at night, seeing the stars & hearing all the night sounds (lots of nocturnal tree frogs where I live in the south). Plus, no garbage trucks or seagulls at night.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Ken why were you playing “here kitty kitty” close to midnight with a skunk while your Jeep was topless?

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Driving through a Hood on 4th of July evening. There are explosions going off just above your head, and you swear they aimed at you on purpose. Total chaos.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Bro - that is TOTALLY UNCOOL!!!!! :mad: I hope you are okay. But then- you did drove through the hood on 4th of July! :facepalm: They have been especially crazy this year! Even before July 4th! please be safe
Yeah I knew what I was getting myself into. Was trying to catch a Jeep convoy that I was late for. Had 2 kids in the back also....

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just came back from a ride - around midnight tonight I decided to go to 7-11 to get something to drink. Most of you know that I am still reeling off from the joyous feeling of driving with the top off for the first time. It exuberating, wonderful feeling, with the winds blowing on my face and Luke Bryan was playing on the radio. The night was cool and I was happy.

And then suddenly I saw a dead skunk in the middle of the road. With trepidation I started to sniff (whyyyyyyyy??!!!!!) can't smell anything when suddenly.....

WHAM!!!!

OMG!!! I have never ever EVER smelled such a concentration of a skunk before. I have very sensitive nose and the smell was pummeling my face mercilessly. It was HORRIBLE and I was gagging wishing that it was over. But you know how skunk smell is. They linger for a distance. My ecstacy turned into a nightmare, and Luke Bryan was singing "She said play it again, play it again, play it again" and now that song is ruined! RUINED FOR ME!!! Tainted with the concentrated skunk stench.

Needless say I did not enjoyed my drink that much. If you think that it is bad enough to smell the skunk from an insulated air conditioned car, being out in the open and smelling the by product of a dead skunk is worst. I took a longer route home. With my radio off! That damn skunk ruined everything. Then I took a shower once I came back home.

Ugh! Next time I see a dead skunk with my top off, I am going to suck in as much air as possible, hold my breath and speed up!!! No fun!!

Are there ANYTHING else that I should be aware of with my Jeep top off??? Golly!!!

Don't drive past Rahway with your top down either.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Sweaty ball sack stuck to your legs. No A/C sucks.
I was headed out the door to JTree last weekend with the doors off... then realized the a/c does not work well with them off. ran into the garage and put them back on. no bat wings for me
Sponsored