Sponsored

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
Why would you go all that way to save a few dollars? Also read posts by Richardya about Criswell.
I should have added that I tried to support three dealers locally. My Fico score is over 800, I have cash to purchase, I know exactly what I want, and I was ready to buy that day. I'm an easy sale! Each one of those dealer's sales staff treated me with indifference or straight up disinterest in my business. So I turned to the internet in search of a better experience. The better deal (more than just a few dollars) was just icing on the cake. I've bought several vehicles this way in the past. Each of those is/was serviced, exclusively, by a local dealer's service department. Ironically, the same dealers with poor sales teams sometimes have stellar service/parts departments. I plan to find an excellent Jeep service department and make them my go to for required service.

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
it was available when I ordered on Monday from here in canada... dealer said they were unsure if it would extend the wait.. but in the end (even though it was originally my first choice) the weight penalty just made me move it off my list... maybe if they roll it out in the Glad ill get one there :) lol..
The Gladiator is now orderable with the diesel. At least it is here in the states.

Kwjacob

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Eco Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know how many of the 2020 Wrangler Eco Diesels were produced? I ordered one January 2nd 2020 and got a notice that it had made it out of production just a few days before the shutdown. I didn't actually receive it until March 31st, 2020. I am wondering if a 2020 Diesel is a fairly rare bird due to the shutdown. For what it's worth I absolutely love it. It is the quickest stock wrangler I have ever driven. I hate the Auto Engine off option. It can be disabled by pressing a button on the dash, but I hit that button every time I start the engine. Same is true of the Traction Control. I might as well order replacement buttons now, as they are going to be worn out very quickly.

Sponsored

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLURD, ‘02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
I ordered mine today as well - JLURD with a sticker just north of 60K. Gulp.

This was a first for me: I actually didn't order from the dealer with the best deal. The dealer that I passed up is actually closer to my home, but I didn't like their old school sales tactics. I'm at the point in my life where price is important, but earning my respect is more important. I got 5% under invoice and I'm quite satisfied.

I've said it previously, the last percentage point of discount often comes with an exponentially greater amount of stress and shenanigans. The thing that turned me off was the mandate of a slew of worthless dealer add-ons totaling $1,295. They ultimately backed off on the requirement, but by that time their credibility was damaged. Ironically, this was a Costco dealership.
Who did you end up buying from? I went to 4 dealerships in town and no one would go more than $1000 below invoice. Maybe I just didn’t go to the right one. I spent 10 days and multiple dealer visits seeing if someone wanted to make a deal, but no luck. I ended up ordering loaded ‘20 JLURD on 5/29 from Kent at Peterson in Idaho. No haggle, 7% below invoice. Wish I could have made something local work, but at least I’ll get a great road trip out of it!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Who did you end up buying from? I went to 4 dealerships in town and no one would go more than $1000 below invoice. Maybe I just didn’t go to the right one. I spent 10 days and multiple dealer visits seeing if someone wanted to make a deal, but no luck. I ended up ordering loaded ‘20 JLURD on 5/29 from Kent at Peterson in Idaho. No haggle, 7% below invoice. Wish I could have made something local work, but at least I’ll get a great road trip out of it!
Earnhardt Jeep. I volunteer at Mayo driving a tram. Last year I had Tex Earnhardt on my tram, and he was so down-to-earth and friendly that I made an internal pledge to myself to check out his Jeep shop even though it's pretty far from me. And...that ain't no bull!
[Only locals will get that.]

RIP Tex. He opened his first dealership six years before I was born, and I’m retired! He still went to the office regularly.

BTW: I checked out a total of six dealerships - all without leaving my home. That said, once we agreed on a price, I needed to bring my trade in for assessment.

Last edited:

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLURD, ‘02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
Earnhardt Jeep. I volunteer at Mayo driving a tram. Last year I had Tex Earnhardt on my tram, and he was so down-to-earth and friendly that I made an internal pledge to myself to check out his Jeep shop even though it's pretty far from me. And...that ain't no bull!
[Only locals will get that.]

RIP Tex. He opened his first dealership six years before I was born, and I’m retired! He still went to the office regularly.

BTW: I checked out a total of six dealerships - all without leaving my home. That said, once we agreed on a price, I needed to bring my trade in for assessment.
Tex was a legend! Earnhardt in Gilbert was my best experience of any of the local places I checked. I worked with a young sales guy that was a Jeeper himself. He was great and I really wanted him to get a sale. But at the end of the day, he just couldn’t get his manager down where I needed to be, so I had to go elsewhere. Glad you had a good experience and had the honor of meeting Tex before he passed.

Sponsored

Breon

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Hard Rock Rubicon
My order went in today with Leon Travis at Criswell Jeep in Maryland. Great experience dealing with Leon, highly recommend. 7% off invoice for a JLURD.
I ordered my wife’s diesel High Altitude from Leon on Friday too!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

punktexas

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Ram Yamaha Santa Cruz
I should have added that I tried to support three dealers locally. My Fico score is over 800, I have cash to purchase, I know exactly what I want, and I was ready to buy that day. I'm an easy sale! Each one of those dealer's sales staff treated me with indifference or straight up disinterest in my business. So I turned to the internet in search of a better experience. The better deal (more than just a few dollars) was just icing on the cake. I've bought several vehicles this way in the past. Each of those is/was serviced, exclusively, by a local dealer's service department. Ironically, the same dealers with poor sales teams sometimes have stellar service/parts departments. I plan to find an excellent Jeep service department and make them my go to for required service.
Did you try Neil Carpenter in Conroe? I see a lot of good references on this forum for him?

AppleJacks23

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Human Resources
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try Neil Carpenter in Conroe? I see a lot of good references on this forum for him?
That's where I ordered mine Friday! Neil was quick and easy. Now just waiting on my VIN. Also in DFW but no one wanted to deal or even get close. 2021 JLURD, 6% under invoice, super simple. 2nd wrangler..poor '98 TJ Sahara wrecked in Colorado in 2006. Excited to be back in the Jerp life again!

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
No, I didn't try them. I didn't come across them when researching recommended dealers or I would have contacted them.
Sponsored