Sponsored

How Long Should I Expect to be in "C" Status?

NMElkHunter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I placed my order on 3/9 and checked on the status today. I am still in C Status with no VIN assigned yet. It seem like other orders were moving to D status faster than two weeks. Any thoughts as to what is happening?
Sponsored

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
Depends on part availability - I moved from D to C to D at D1 currently ordered 2/10 with a current estimated build date of 4/10. Some seem to have tremendous luck in getting them less than a month after order but that is not the norm currently; all I can say is everything lined up perfectly for them. Because there is people that have been waiting since October and November and were the 1st orders. It's all randomness

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
It really depends. Those of us having the most luck seem to have builds with black hard tops only. Seems like body color hard top, dual top, and soft top have been slow builds even though the soft top production is caught up. There still hasn't been confirmation, AFAIK, that the led lighting option isn't going to cause build delays. Last I heard anyone ordering around now may see a slow down because of a parts shortage.

The quickest ones I've seen have been automatics with black hard top.

Other things that are delayed are a few different colors like Mojito, the 2.0L turbo, and 2 door wranglers. If you ordered any of those it would probably be pretty normal to not have a VIN yet. 2 doors won't even start production until april.

OP
OP

NMElkHunter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Thanks for the info. I ordered a JLU with Black Top, Black Fenders, automatic with no added soft top. I would love to have a peek at their scheduling system just to see all the variables I know they are juggling.

kablam0r

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Well mine has been sitting in KZ status for 27 days. I'm not sure what that means

Sponsored

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
Are you located a significant distance from the Toledo factory? Rail deliveries have been taking way longer than is reasonable.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
It really depends. Those of us having the most luck seem to have builds with black hard tops only. Seems like body color hard top, dual top, and soft top have been slow builds even though the soft top production is caught up. There still hasn't been confirmation, AFAIK, that the led lighting option isn't going to cause build delays. Last I heard anyone ordering around now may see a slow down because of a parts shortage.

The quickest ones I've seen have been automatics with black hard top.

Other things that are delayed are a few different colors like Mojito, the 2.0L turbo, and 2 door wranglers. If you ordered any of those it would probably be pretty normal to not have a VIN yet. 2 doors won't even start production until april.
nah... ordered 3/7 (2 door), and had a vin by 3/8.

You should not expect to hang in C. and you should expect to get Vin in a day.... whether you do or not is a different story. but you should DEFINITELY expect it.

yes 2 door best i've heard is 2nd week or apr 9 SOP, but the VIN should be quick

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Been in C since my order on 3/3.... still no vin

Blue JLUR
Matching top and dual top
Matching fenders
All options except steel bumpers, safety, and smokers

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Depends on part availability - I moved from D to C to D at D1 currently ordered 2/10 with a current estimated build date of 4/10. Some seem to have tremendous luck in getting them less than a month after order but that is not the norm currently; all I can say is everything lined up perfectly for them. Because there is people that have been waiting since October and November and were the 1st orders. It's all randomness
Could it be the options? Maybe some options are out of stock which are holding up the orders of some people.

kablam0r

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Are you located a significant distance from the Toledo factory? Rail deliveries have been taking way longer than is reasonable.
Charleston, SC. I don't think that is that far. As my 8 year old said, "Where is the Jeep coming from? Tokyo?"

Sponsored

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
Charleston, SC. I don't think that is that far. As my 8 year old said, "Where is the Jeep coming from? Tokyo?"
It's far enough that they will probably not drive it the whole way on a truck. It sucks but that's what is going on.

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
It's been sitting in OH for 27+ days at this point.
Yeah, that sounds about right. Seems it takes about a month to get it moving if it goes by train. Which is really stupid. The destination fees are so high they should be turning a profit with 2 cars on a truck. Sending a car in an enclosed trailer from OH to CA is ~$2000. But their inability to figure out how to line up shipping in reasonable timeframes is just making everyone hate the process even more. So many people are almost impartial to the fact that they have a new jeep coming because FCA can't figure out how to get them to the dealers further from Toledo in less than a month.

The worst part is that it hasn't been getting any better since the launch of the JL. They continue to only line up shipping after vehicles hit KZ, and continue to produce them far faster than they can ship. Does it make sense to not finalize shipping until the cars are done? Sure. Could fail inspection, could get damaged, etc. But it's like they are completely surprised by each JL off the line. Their answer seems to just be to send most by rail so they can blame delays on that. Rather than send 50 partially full truck, they wait an extra 3 weeks to send 20 full ones on trips that hit twice as many dealers and take twice as long to complete.

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Weird, I placed an order for my JLUR on Monday of this week (3/19) and the dealership just called telling me they already have a VIN for it.

Isn't that a bit too fast? Maybe they found a JLUR with my exact specification in another lot?

OP
OP

NMElkHunter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Weird, I placed an order for my JLUR on Monday of this week (3/19) and the dealership just called telling me they already have a VIN for it.

Isn't that a bit too fast? Maybe they found a JLUR with my exact specification in another lot?
From what I have heard that is normal. Do you mind sharing the options you ordered? I thought mine was pretty standard but still no VIN.
Sponsored