Sponsored

MIckey Thompson Baja Boss reviews

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I am between the Baja boss and the STT pro and would love to hear from fellow JL owners about their experience.

For those who have the Mickey Thompson Baja boss, how do you like them? What do you like and not like? How do they perform on the pavement/off-road/snow/ice etc?

thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RockyMtJL

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
No one has these? Looks like I need to buy a set and write a review!

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the Boss are likely the same compound as the Baja MTZ that I have. If so they will likely have about the same life for wear. Guessing the thread design might be a little quieter than the Baja MTZ. I don't have any problems. They are not quiet nor do I consider them loud. MT's are MT's. I like that they don't sling rocks like the AT type tires. No issues in snow. Used mostly on trails with rocks more than mud. Durability is good, no chunks missing/damage from rocks. I'm getting close to 30'000 and could prob replace in spring but might be better to replace in the fall for better winter traction.

Tires.png

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Looks like the Boss are likely the same compound as the Baja MTZ that I have. If so they will likely have about the same life for wear. Guessing the thread design might be a little quieter than the Baja MTZ. I don't have any problems. They are not quiet nor do I consider them loud. MT's are MT's. I like that they don't sling rocks like the AT type tires. No issues in snow. Used mostly on trails with rocks more than mud. Durability is good, no chunks missing/damage from rocks. I'm getting close to 30'000 and could prob replace in spring but might be better to replace in the fall for better winter traction.

Tires.png

Actually the Baja Boss are made by Cooper, for Mickey Thompson. They are more like a STT Pro with a more aggressive tread and sidewall, but with a little softer compound.
These should be a very good tire.
Sponsored