Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please)

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Seems all of the pictures without doors have the tags on the door frame but mine the factory mounted them on the door so they don't show when the doors are off. Anyone else tagless on the door frame?

Jeep Wrangler JL Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please) JL lake 1
Jeep Wrangler JL Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please) JL Lake 2

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Seems all of the pictures without doors have the tags on the door frame but mine the factory mounted them on the door so they don't show when the doors are off. Anyone else tagless on the door frame?

JL lake 1.jpg
JL Lake 2.jpg

Mine's a 19 JLR and the labels are on the body. Awesome that yours are on the door, I wonder if they switched at some point during 2019 production? :EDIT: Wait hold on a minute, now looking at my pictures and my Jeep just now, I only have a small tag relating to seatbelts that you can barely see. The biggest GWVR and otherwise tags must be on the doors. Huh. My buddy's granite crystal sahara has them all on the body I'm pretty sure.

Here's mine in the somewhat uncommon top-and-doors-off but freedom panels on, at the base of and on the way up Miller Jeep Trail yesterday. I find they stay more than secure on the highway like this (I've been across the mojave in insane wind in this config) and it's cheaper than buying a sunshade! I'm def going to just grab a shade at some point, but this works for now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please) IMG_8872.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please) IMG_8909.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please) IMG_8911

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Can we get a detailed view of your hinge mounts for your doors? Thanks!
My door hangers aren't "pretty", but they are cheap & effective. Hopefully these pics & measurements help you with your door storage solution.

To hang all 4 doors, I needed 4 - 2"x4" boards that were 21.5" long to run stud to stud at the front of my garage, between my garage door and the side wall of my garage.

I glued and screwed 1 - 3/4" plywood board to the top-center of each 2"x4" support. These boards measure roughly 5.5" by 3". I drilled 2 holes in each of these plywood pieces to allow the doors' hinge pins to rest in. They are about 3/4" from the ends and about 1/2" from the face.

The top pair of support 2x4s are roughly 12.25" (top to top) ... to match the distance from the bottoms of the top & bottom hinges on each door. The bottom pair of support 2x4s have the same spacing.

The top set of doors & bottom set of doors need about 35" between them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please) Door Hanger distance between hinge holes
Jeep Wrangler JL Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please) Door Hanger support width
Jeep Wrangler JL Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please) Door Hanger top to bottom hinge
Jeep Wrangler JL Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please) Door Hanger top view
Jeep Wrangler JL Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please) Door Hanger underside
Jeep Wrangler JL Naked JL Pics - Topless and Doorless (Jeeps only please) Door Hanger vert distance between supports

Kingpre

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, 2013 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Did you take out the engine cab liner and the bumpers to install the decal, or just get one with the cut-outs? Looks good!
I just got the ones that were shaped to the vent. Just had to patiently apply them.