OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Figured I better post an update. Put the Fox 2.5 DSC remote reservoir shocks on about two weeks ago. Haven't been off-road yet, but wow!! Dialing these in for the highway and local roads and you can get it to the point it rides like a Buick down the road. Not quit Lincoln or Cadillac range, but at least a Buick, lol. The low speed damping helps on the initial turn-in going into turns because of the low speed firmer damping. No wallow at all. Turn the wheel and the Jeep turns instantly.

This weekend is for removing the temporary spacer lift and installing the Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger lift. Got the front done......this is not for the faint of heart if you are doing it in your garage with hand tools. Im horribly slow and must have eight labor hours into getting the front installed and dialed in. Tomorrow the back half goes in.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jmatt's Sting Gray Build 20200704_152133
Jeep Wrangler JL Jmatt's Sting Gray Build 20200704_152148
Jeep Wrangler JL Jmatt's Sting Gray Build 20200704_152206
Sponsored

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
So here's the stance after the full Metalcloak install. The decals are a work in progress from pixeldecals. The red gets covered with matte black and will only be a pinstripe of red.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jmatt's Sting Gray Build 20200709_155241

teknic3

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Figured I better post an update. Put the Fox 2.5 DSC remote reservoir shocks on about two weeks ago. Haven't been off-road yet, but wow!! Dialing these in for the highway and local roads and you can get it to the point it rides like a Buick down the road. Not quit Lincoln or Cadillac range, but at least a Buick, lol. The low speed damping helps on the initial turn-in going into turns because of the low speed firmer damping. No wallow at all. Turn the wheel and the Jeep turns instantly.

This weekend is for removing the temporary spacer lift and installing the Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger lift. Got the front done......this is not for the faint of heart if you are doing it in your garage with hand tools. Im horribly slow and must have eight labor hours into getting the front installed and dialed in. Tomorrow the back half goes in.
Looks good! Did you get the shocks in the off the shelves valving or custom revalved for the Metalcloak springs?

OP
OP
JMatt

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Looks good! Did you get the shocks in the off the shelves valving or custom revalved for the Metalcloak springs?
I'm using the off-the-shelf valving. And I think it's fine. Highway I use 3-4 clicks from soft. Offroad I stiffen it up a lot. But it works well both on and off-road.

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
Nice set up I have the exact same except mine is custom valved by accutune off-road..

I just played around with the settings and idk I can’t tell the difference in the setting from soft to maximum... it’s weird.

1. how many pucks are youusing for the back? I see you have three in the front like mine.

2. Do you have any wobbling or shaking issues after the lift?
Sponsored