Clubs

SiNiSon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
it was available when I ordered on Monday from here in canada... dealer said they were unsure if it would extend the wait.. but in the end (even though it was originally my first choice) the weight penalty just made me move it off my list... maybe if they roll it out in the Glad ill get one there :) lol..

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
My order went in today with Leon Travis at Criswell Jeep in Maryland. Great experience dealing with Leon, highly recommend. 7% off invoice for a JLURD.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My order went in today with Leon Travis at Criswell Jeep in Maryland. Great experience dealing with Leon, highly recommend. 7% off invoice for a JLURD.
Why would you go all that way to save a few dollars? Also read posts by Richardya about Criswell.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I ordered mine today as well - JLURD with a sticker just north of 60K. Gulp.

This was a first for me: I actually didn't order from the dealer with the best deal. The dealer that I passed up is actually closer to my home, but I didn't like their old school sales tactics. I'm at the point in my life where price is important, but earning my respect is more important. I got 5% under invoice and I'm quite satisfied.

I've said it previously, the last percentage point of discount often comes with an exponentially greater amount of stress and shenanigans. The thing that turned me off was the mandate of a slew of worthless dealer add-ons totaling $1,295. They ultimately backed off on the requirement, but by that time their credibility was damaged. Ironically, this was a Costco dealership.

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you go all that way to save a few dollars? Also read posts by Richardya about Criswell.
I've got family/friends/business within a couple of hundred miles of that dealer. I read some good reviews about pricing and service. I take reviews, good and bad, with a grain of salt. I've seen great businesses get horrible reviews from someone, and I've also seen the opposite. If I had been treated poorly, I would not have ordered from them. Also I like road trips. To each his own.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've got family/friends/business within a couple of hundred miles of that dealer. I read some good reviews about pricing and service. I take reviews, good and bad, with a grain of salt. I've seen great businesses get horrible reviews from someone, and I've also seen the opposite. If I had been treated poorly, I would not have ordered from them. Also I like road trips. To each his own.
If you plan to drive it back you should read the owner's manual about break-in requirements.

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you plan to drive it back you should read the owner's manual about break-in requirements.
I did. Thanks for the heads up. How are you enjoying your JL? This will be my first Jeep since my 4.0L YJ in the early 90's.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I did. Thanks for the heads up. How are you enjoying your JL? This will be my first Jeep since my 4.0L YJ in the early 90's.
Works perfectly. I had a 4,500 mile trip planned 2 months after it arrived so I made sure I had it broken in. D idn't want any problems while traveling. And not a problem since.

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Works perfectly. I had a 4,500 mile trip planned 2 months after it arrived so I made sure I had it broken in. D idn't want any problems while traveling. And not a problem since.
Cool. I haven't mapped out my trip yet since it's hard to know when I might see delivery. But I do anticipate several low mileage, moderate speed days exploring some backroads before really sprinting for home. There's not any break-in period specified, but like you I err on the side of caution usually. Especially with an expensive new toy!

ENGINE BREAK-IN RECOMMENDATIONS —
3.0L DIESEL
The diesel engine does not require a break-in period due to its construction. Normal operation is allowed, providing the following recommen- dations are followed:
  •  Warm up the engine before placing it under load.
  •  Do not operate the engine at idle for prolonged periods.
  •  Use the appropriate transmission gear to prevent engine lugging.
  •  Observe vehicle oil pressure and tempera- ture indicators.
  •  Check the coolant and oil levels frequently.
  •  Vary throttle position at highway speeds when carrying or towing significant weight.