Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
They have a unique feature that if you NEVER used the warranty and the Time or Mileage limit expires you can get a FULL refund if you are still the original owner!
This is correct if you buy the warranty with the “money back guarantee.” I’m on my 3rd one.
Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Aren’t refunds for these plans prorated? So if you reach the time limit or mileage limit there’s nothing left to refund. Or if you are half way to time limit or mileage limit you get back about half.
I think if you cancel it within 60 days unused, you can get full refund. After that it is pro-rated refund.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
on a standard warranty yes. They offer a warranty with a full refund available at the end of the term.
Thanks, I didn't know such a thing exists until now. I will call them.

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Can extended warranty be purchased after you buy the car or does it have to be at the time of purchase? Also, do they typically cover any aftermarket mod you do such as lift or any mod including lift would void the warranty?

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Can extended warranty be purchased after you buy the car or does it have to be at the time of purchase? Also, do they typically cover any aftermarket mod you do such as lift or any mod including lift would void the warranty?
You can buy it any time before the 3 year/36000 miles Limited Warranty expires.
I believe you can still buy it after that too but the vehicle would need to be inspected for pre-existing conditions or there may be a cool off period before it kicks in.
Also, Mopar warranty starts from day one of the first purchase date of the vehicle (and not from the purchase date of the warranty) retroactively so if you buy a vehicle today and purchase a 7 year warranty today or two years later, it will expire on 2027 anyway.
So it makes more sense to buy as soon as possible than later because you would start the benefits like trip interruption or rental car reimbursement early on should you need it.

Rsmfly

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lr4
Just bought a 8/100 from Tom Winkels for our 2020 JLRU for $1710. I emailed yesterday with a request and he responded quickly with a few options and I called this morning to finalize it. He’s very customer friendly, quick, and efficient.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Just got a 6 year/85k mile max care $100 deductible via Tom for $1070 out the door. Called him and he picked up right away, and had the warranty purchased in about 5 minutes. Great service over there, highly recommended!

Sponsored

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I got mine at time of purchase - 6 year, 75k from FCA. Also worth noting I got the added lift kit coverage. I paid $2050. Called Tom and he would do it for $1500. So seems better, but realize that if you do it at purchase you can wrap it into financing. So for me, I am spreading $2050 over 6 years - i.e. basically $30 a month. Whereas if you buy it separately you would have to pay up front or do the 12 month payment plan which, in this case, would be $125 a month. So basically sure could I “save” $550...yes but once you think about the possibility of pro ration if I sell in 4 or 5 years, maybe mathematically I only “save” $300-400 but I remove the optionality of lower payments for longer ($30 vs $125) - so its probably close to a financial wash in the end.

I personally, like the idea of financing it over 6 years...

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
I got mine at time of purchase - 6 year, 75k from FCA. Also worth noting I got the added lift kit coverage. I paid $2050. Called Tom and he would do it for $1500. So seems better, but realize that if you do it at purchase you can wrap it into financing. So for me, I am spreading $2050 over 6 years - i.e. basically $30 a month. Whereas if you buy it separately you would have to pay up front or do the 12 month payment plan which, in this case, would be $125 a month. So basically sure could I “save” $550...yes but once you think about the possibility of pro ration if I sell in 4 or 5 years, maybe mathematically I only “save” $300-400 but I remove the optionality of lower payments for longer ($30 vs $125) - so its probably close to a financial wash in the end.

I personally, like the idea of financing it over 6 years...
I don't like to wrap it up with vehicle loan because you will be paying interest on it. And no hassles in cancelling for any reason.
My dealer provides 0% 18 month financing. Also request $100 plus cost for the warranty. Most of them will give it to you if you have relationship with them as a loyal customer.

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Ya’ll need to get the money back guarantee warranties from mopar. I just got a check for my second one. 7 years with no warranty claims. All my warranty money back minus $100 deductible.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I don't like to wrap it up with vehicle loan because you will be paying interest on it. And no hassles in cancelling for any reason.
My dealer provides 0% 18 month financing. Also request $100 plus cost for the warranty. Most of them will give it to you if you have relationship with them as a loyal customer.
Interest is 2% these days. I.e. average $1.50 a month over the life of the loan.

Last edited:

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had experience with this company? It seems like I get postcards from them and FCA a couple times a month

1858460C-6F71-46FB-9BB4-2549720FBAEC.jpeg
Sponsored