Sponsored

Fiat Chrysler Fired A Warning Shot To Its Workers Over Coronavirus Work Stoppages

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thereā€™s always two sides to a story and I would try to withhold judgement unless you are privy to a full understanding.
Iā€™ll give you an example, thereā€™s been numerous headlines about Amazon facilities not being safe and corporate putting employees in dangerous conditions. I recently caught up with a friend who is an HR workplace injury liaison at an amazon sorting facility in Southern California. He indicated its often times quite the opposite. They try to setup safety measures and protocols but the employees donā€™t give a F and donā€™t wear their masks and utilize barriers.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Aldo my friend, with much respect - the economy is not going back to normal whether we have this thing under control of not. COVID to a certain degree has caused big changes to things that we considered as normal. Take for instance, because of COVID there are more likely for people to work from home, and I am quite sure that even after COVID is over, there will be more people that will be working from home. It is like a testground (in this situation - a forced testground) on the adaptability of people to a new situation. Our shopping behavior will be permanently changed, our interaction with others will also be different (think Zoom) - having vaccine allows social interaction but it does not mean that everything will go back to what it was once before. And the term "under control" is SO subjective that I am leaving that topic alone.
Completely agree. The world has changed forever from how we work from home to how we buy our groceries to how we worship to everything else in between.

The more reason for automakers not to expect that they can resume production as if nothing ever happened. It costs money to stop an assembly line, no doubt. But threatening employees is not going to solve anything either. Like you said, these are not normal times.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
What are governments going to do when 30% of jobs have been lost to AI?

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Dear John, i am sorry to tell you that if 30% of job actually gone to AI, we are all fucked! Have you not watched The Matrix?? Scared me shitless!

I think my friend you are talking about automation replacing people its actually a different thing all together!! :like:
Ok, my bad, Iā€™ve never seen the Matrix! Yes Iā€™m talking about automation replacing people. I think there may be a difference in the English/American interface here.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Ok, my bad, Iā€™ve never seen the Matrix! Yes Iā€™m talking about automation replacing people. I think there may be a difference in the English/American interface here.
Itā€™s commonly predicted that we will lose a minimum of 30% of the jobs in the U.K. economy to automation

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
But what if there are 30% less jobs available? Thatā€™s a lot of people who simply canā€™t ā€˜earn their keepā€™