Sponsored

2019 unlimited rubicon battery dead after 4-5 days sitting??

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I wonder if the OP, is keeping his fob in the JL, 24/7. Wonder if he is not placing the JL in Park. Could be a few different things... or just another JL battery(s) being problematic issue.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I left my 2019 JLUR all winter in the home garage. Maybe moved it twice to work on projects in the garage and never had a problem with it starting.
Must be the luck of the Irish you have... :CWL: I jay walk alot and haven't gotten hit... yet.............

OP
OP

Red Rubicon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited rubicon
thanks for all the advice. My Rubicon has sit all night, I'll try the ma level this morning to see what goes on. The Rub' is loaded with accessories and I wondered if that could be the cause. Sounds like the more likely problem is the acc. battery.
I've been in contact with Jeep CS, they don't seem to think anything is wrong, we'll see next week. It goes in again for another (3rd) check.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for all the advice. My Rubicon has sit all night, I'll try the ma level this morning to see what goes on. The Rub' is loaded with accessories and I wondered if that could be the cause. Sounds like the more likely problem is the acc. battery.
I've been in contact with Jeep CS, they don't seem to think anything is wrong, we'll see next week. It goes in again for another (3rd) check.
Maybe some of those accessories are powered through some of the always hot points, like the front and rear cigarette outlets?

Also, do you by chance have a Tazer? Earlier versions had an issue of not going to sleep after vehicle shutdown. That was addressed through a firmware update a short while back.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Jeep dealers would be in trouble if all their wranglers' batteries died after 4-5 days. They don't all get charged or driven that often on the lots waiting to be sold.

As others have said mine sits and no issues. Mine has never been my daily driver and has sat for a month a few times with no issues. I do have a CTEK maintainer that I use on occasion but not regularly. When it sits for a week or two I don't bother with the CTEK. I'm sure long term I'm not doing my batteries any favors letting them sit, but yours should last more than a week before going dead...

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with others: your dealer is full of shit. But then, what’s new, right?

I have a 2018 JLU Sahara with 4,000 miles and the V6; has been sitting in the garage for weeks on end without problem. The longest it sat parked was during the lockdown for 2.5 weeks; it started right up. I just drove it again yesterday: ESS works fine and all.

Do you have the 2.0T or the V6? From what I can gather, the electrical on the 2.0T seems more problematic, especially with eTorque.

Hope you get it resolved.

1911addict

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
My 2019 rubicon battery will drain dead if left for 4-5 days without running. Much worse in cold weather than summer. Dealer says
I should expect that, it's within jeeps mfg. limits???? NO!

I am not saying this is He case but do you have a remote starter? I put one in my gauge tees car and this would happen all the time and it was on a Honda. 3 new batteries in 8 months. Took out the remote start, no problem in 5 years.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something is definitely wrong,

I just fired mine up after sitting for a month.
Not a Rubicon, but that shouldn't make a difference.
If the JL has a package that adds upgraded Main battery, then that JL would fair somewhat better lets say, in regard to this issue, then a JL with standard Main battery.

As for how long the JL can sit without use and then start.. it's a crap shoot. Sure some have let their JL sit for a month or so and it started right up. Well, that is very often not the case as reported by many JL owner's.

JL Owner's Manual even warns the JL Owner, about how long the JL can sit unused. The manual gives specific instr. how to handle this issue. Read the manual...

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
I wonder if the OP, is keeping his fob in the JL, 24/7. Wonder if he is not placing the JL in Park. Could be a few different things... or just another JL battery(s) being problematic issue.

Does keeping the FOB in the Jeep 24/7 drain the battery????

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does keeping the FOB in the Jeep 24/7 drain the battery????
Debatable ....

Those that have had the JL for a couple of years and lived with it, monitored when UConnect comes alive lets say , monitored it with a Camera, when it is sitting parked, those that have done a lot of homework on this, know the JL wakes up lets say intermittently while it's sitting there unused. From posts I have read, a lot of JL owner's see more UConnect activity when the fob is left in the JL.

Remember also.... A JL sitting somewhere.. in your garage, parking lot or wherever is always always talking with UConnect, central lets call it. Ever use the app to locate your JL. Ever remote start it with the UConnect app? Ever get a Health Report telling you what your psi is, etc.. Ever throw a code and immediately get notified by the app. Your JL is always in contact with UConnect Central. Then you have the JL's with Proximity... and then those with ...

In closing, general consensus is that leaving the Fob in the JL, 24/7, overnight, etc., is not prudent for may reasons. IF you leave the fob in the JL, keep it in a Faraday Bag.

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
Debatable ....

Those that have had the JL for a couple of years and lived with it, monitored when UConnect comes alive lets say , monitored it with a Camera, when it is sitting parked, those that have done a lot of homework on this, know the JL wakes up lets say intermittently while it's sitting there unused. From posts I have read, a lot of JL owner's see more UConnect activity when the fob is left in the JL.

Remember also.... A JL sitting somewhere.. in your garage, parking lot or wherever is always always talking with UConnect, central lets call it. Ever use the app to locate your JL. Ever remote start it with the UConnect app? Ever get a Health Report telling you what your psi is, etc.. Ever throw a code and immediately get notified by the app. Your JL is always in contact with UConnect Central. Then you have the JL's with Proximity... and then those with ...

In closing, general consensus is that leaving the Fob in the JL, 24/7, overnight, etc., is not prudent for may reasons. IF you leave the fob in the JL, keep it in a Faraday Bag.
Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. I never thought about it before. My Jeep sits for days at a time and I have had battery issues in the past. It will come out today. Thanks again.
Sponsored