Sponsored

Broken front shade clips

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
Hey, need some of these clips too and for some reason I can’t PM you and the website isn’t responding. Anyway to get more of these clips?

thanks.
The company seems to have ghosted. I had a clip break today and tried to get new ones. My attempt failed. Luckily I have the ball bungees as mentioned above and that worked.
upload_2020-5-1_17-20-32.jpeg
Sponsored

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
The company seems to have ghosted. I had a clip break today and tried to get new ones. My attempt failed. Luckily I have the ball bungees as mentioned above and that worked.
I appreciate the reply, if nothing from them I’ll give this a try. Luckily there isn’t a lot of flapping.

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
What size bungee balls did you use? I like the painted ball to match the Jeep!

This is how snug the 6" will be to the front...I do not like the sun blinding me from the front shade gap.

as3-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
What size bungee balls did you use? I like the painted ball to match the Jeep!

This is how snug the 6" will be to the front...I do not like the sun blinding me from the front shade gap.

as3-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg
I used what I had on-hand, which was 12" I think they are too long. I'm going to search for a shorter one.

IMG_3875.jpg

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased the "long" style SpiderBalls ($1 each) from their competitor (SPIDERWEBSHADE), which are about 8" long.

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/collections/accessories/products/spiderballs-1

They appear to be identical match to the bungee balls which get installed onto the side bars.

They also sell a "short" style version, just not sure how long those are.

I haven't installed my shade yet, but I'm hoping that these will be the perfect solution.

Sponsored

Sbnewsom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Something that I did today. I was tired of always ordering replacement clips for the front windshield. No matter what I did, they would always bend and fail me. So I went to lowes and picked up 4 1/4" mirror hangers.

These. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selections-Metal-Mirror-Clips/1056919

I looped the windshield bunge through the hole and slid it on the metal of the windshield frame. Works perfectly. I also put some double sided tape on the clips. Reason I did this was so that if I wanted to roll the sun screen up and have the "open air" feeling, the clips would not fall out.

Hope this helps!

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Installed using the bungees. Worked well and only took about 45 minutes. That’s start to finish so not bad lol. Thanks for the input on this thread.

Danny2203

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Thanks for the tips everyone. My front plastic clips broke yesterday. I'll have to see about the bungees or the metal clips. By the way.. I think Alien Shade is out of business.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks for the tips everyone. My front plastic clips broke yesterday. I'll have to see about the bungees or the metal clips. By the way.. I think Alien Shade is out of business.
Alien Sunshade is out of business and has been since November or so 2019. Yes, you can still buy Alien Sunshade on Amazon until no more stock there.

By the way, you do not need the clips to secure the front.

Danny2203

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Alien Sunshade is out of business and has been since November or so 2019. Yes, you can still buy Alien Sunshade on Amazon until no more stock there.

By the way, you do not need the clips to secure the front.
Not needed as in the other options I mentioned... or some other options?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not needed as in the other options I mentioned... or some other options?
The front bungees that came with the Alien, will go all the way around the front support. Free windshield, lean it forward ..... have a helper hold it and then place the bungees.

Those fragile plastic clips have been a problem since the get go. Many said the hell with the clips and did this other way

Danny2203

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
The front bungees that came with the Alien, will go all the way around the front support. Free windshield, lean it forward ..... have a helper hold it and then place the bungees.

Those fragile plastic clips have been a problem since the get go. Many said the hell with the clips and did this other way
ah! I didn't think of trying to stretch them all the way around. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ah! I didn't think of trying to stretch them all the way around. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
By the way, there is nothing special about the bungees that come with the Alien.

You can go to eBay and buy a bag of say 6 for well under $10. You can find all lengths in black on eBAY. IF you have one break or need a longer one buy on eBay.

About Alien .... I really liked their guy that fielded posts on this forum. He was very communicative. He sent me more goodies, Alien T-shirts, Green Alien figurines, spare parts and such.

A shame that they went under as Alien Sunshades are real nice..

Danny2203

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
By the way, there is nothing special about the bungees that come with the Alien.

You can go to eBay and buy a bag of say 6 for well under $10. You can find all lengths in black on eBAY. IF you have one break or need a longer one buy on eBay.

About Alien .... I really liked their guy that fielded posts on this forum. He was very communicative. He sent me more goodies, t-shirts, green Alien figurines and such. A shame that they went under as Alien Sunshades are real nice..
yeah.. i didn't discover they went under until after I bought it off amazon. Its a real nice product. Too bad. Business is business I suppose.

Jeep Wrangler JL Broken front shade clips alien3
Sponsored