Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I bet they use the 2.7 v6 ecoboost. If they do... that'll be a hp monster for the size of the bronco.
If they do the 5.0L Coyote... my wrangler will be gone...
The 2.3 will be standard. The big question is whether they will offer the 2.7 at launch. I doubt they will offer anything bigger than that at launch but they may offer the 3.0 at some point in the future on the Raptor-like trim.

I doubt they will do anything bigger than that.
Sponsored

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sahara 4” Zone lift
For those unfamiliar with the 2.7 EB-
A coworker bought a new F150 4x4 with the 2.7. He added a mild tune and has a gauge display. Stock tune 0-60 was 5.7 seconds. With his mild tune it sees mid 4’s on a 4x4 launch. And it spins front and rear. He says even stock the low end torque is immediate. His best highway mpg is 26 tuned. I hope it gets between the fenders of the Bronco as it’s proven a reliable engine from everything I’ve read on the F150 forums and several friends that own them. The 3.6 is no slouch with the 8 speed. It just needs to rev- esp with 315’s. Waiting on the Bronco reveal to form my true opinion like many of you.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
So I just recently went back to my 3.5 ecoboost Flex and sheesh that torque is addicting. 10 second 0-100 opposed to 10 second 0-60 on my JL.
I really look forward to that ecboost torque in the Bronco, even if it isn't the 3.5
Yep, I have same take on it. Love torque of 3.5TT - more torque at 3k rpms then Chevy 6.2L. With 93 tune it really rips, e50 tune -lost of traction, AWD.

Ford will go with 2.7L for fuel economy and size/fit. It is iron block and can take lots more boost then 3.5L
If they use same turbos and dual fuling system as they do with trucks, then that engine will run 450whp, 550 tq to the wheels with e50 tune and exhaust.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still not convinced Ford is going to pull this off. If they do I have room in my garage next to the Wrangler. In a completely different direction, my buddy, the smartazz, sent me this pic of the new Bronco. Yes that’s my wrangler.

C49C2D28-571A-437E-B88B-A3ABA1C9DF50.jpeg
I think the Bronco will compete well against the Renegade.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I think the Bronco will compete well against the Renegade.
Bronco sport will. The big bronco is going head to head vs wrangler and will likely have some different strengths and weaknesses.

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Haven't seen Thornbirds in forever, and I was glad.
Yeah, talk about a craptastic tire....although back in the day we grooved a set heavily for a buddy's Jeep and they sorta worked.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Yeah, talk about a craptastic tire....although back in the day we grooved a set heavily for a buddy's Jeep and they sorta worked.
It's still TSL rubber compound so they could be made to grab, but you needed to hot knife the shit out of them. Army buddy of mine had them on a Super Duty with the V10, argued to death that they were the bomb. Till he got his truck stuck like chuck in his own pasture. His only experience was the Mohave desert around Ft. Irwin. And I guess they would kinda work out there.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
I think the Bronco will mainly appeal to people who bought a 4Runner and tried and failed in MOAB but are to stubborn to buy a Jeep and do it right LOL

No solid axles in the front means its not going to compete with the Wrangler.

Status
Not open for further replies.