Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
I can see that ship partial or wait for complete order issue going either way as they have no idea if the purchase is for a shop ordering for multiple jobs or one person ordering for their own vehicle. I know if I were a shop with multiple jobs on hold because an unrelated part was on backorder I would not be happy!
Gregj
They emailed me when I ordered to tell me the front hw was on backorder and if I wanted to continue. I said yes, and they replied they would ship what they had and ship when the rest came thru...
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Keep an eye on your BAM order status. I'm dealing with an unresponsive BAM for these exact parts. I ordered mine about 2 weeks before @Gregj. I got a shipping notification that made it seem like all parts shipped. I only got the 2 caps. I emailed them immediately, and they said the other parts were on backorder, but that they'd ship when they came in. 2 weeks later, Gregj places an order and posted in the forums. I let him know that the parts were on backorder, and not to get his hopes up. Fast forward, my BAM order still shows "completed" and I only have 2 of the 6 parts. Gregj apparently got *all* of the parts last week. so now I have 2 voicemails, and 2 emails to BAM since last week, and 100% radio silence. My guess is, their system thinks my order has been completed and shipped. meanwhile I've only got 2 door caps. I'll be honest, I've ordered a LOT from BAM.. but, I think this may be my last order with them based on the lack of responses to my emails and voicemails.
They are in Brunswick, OH if you want to take a short drive and knock on their door.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
They emailed me when I ordered to tell me the front hw was on backorder and if I wanted to continue. I said yes, and they replied they would ship what they had and ship when the rest came thru...
Same here then I received the box with the complete order.
Gregj

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I can see that ship partial or wait for complete order issue going either way as they have no idea if the purchase is for a shop ordering for multiple jobs or one person ordering for their own vehicle. I know if I were a shop with multiple jobs on hold because an unrelated part was on backorder I would not be happy!
Gregj
Yep, absolutely agree. I'd be 100% fine with "hold everything, ship one complete order" or "ship all pieces as they come in" but this odd limbo status and seemingly conflicting ship status.. compounded with the lack of any response.. is frustrating. I'm not even in a hurry to GET the parts (my jeep was custom ordered, and hasn't even been shipped to the dealership yet) but I *do* want clear communication, and confirmation that my order isn't in some limbo state, and is indeed "Partially sent, partially waiting"

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Just as a data point I do not have BSM , Ordered all my parts together on one order from a vendor here. About two weeks ago. still nothing.

llemoine11

First Name
Landry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sport S 2D
Vehicle Showcase
Letting y’all know that I got my front drivers door to work...I used a weather pack connecting the drivers harness (15 & 16) wires to the XY315A (25 & 26) wires and it works perfectly for my needs. Thanks Parker, Graceme & JScan y’all are awesome!

Last edited:

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Well, got my package from BAM, only included the rear setup but it works!!! Took all of 15 mins!!! 2018 Rubi.
BAM did reply to me saying that even thou the order shows completed, the backorder items are on order and will ship once received. I checked with another vendor and they these backorder items are taking 2-3 weeks to receive...

N2AWS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
BAM did reply to me saying that even thou the order shows completed, the backorder items are on order and will ship once received. I checked with another vendor and they these backorder items are taking 2-3 weeks to receive...
Thanks for the update ;)

I placed my order on 6/1 (BAM), like 2 weeks before the jscan solution was found. So, likely before everyone started rushing to order. Even back then, they were anticipating the parts to be backordered until July 15th or so.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What is the trick to getting the two plugs out for the security bypass? I can feel the retention clip on the front side of the plug. Push on the retention clip and pulling is not releasing the plug. Maybe my fingers are just too big.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What is the trick to getting the two plugs out for the security bypass? I can feel the retention clip on the front side of the plug. Push on the retention clip and pulling is not releasing the plug. Maybe my fingers are just too big.
You could drive up here and see if my four year old granddaughter can reach it. She's pretty good helping me.

LA Kimball

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You could drive up here and see if my four year old granddaughter can reach it. She's pretty good helping me.
Thanks. I finally got them out. Tight little buggers.
Sponsored