Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
I have this same issue. Have you been able to figure this out? Why does it work in ACC mode, but once the engine runs it’s blank!!
I have the same compass issue. Did anyone ever resolve this? My 5" had no satellite. I ordered the 7" also with no satellite however the unit showed up with a blue connector port that is empty (no antenna) on the backside of my 7".
Sponsored

Last edited:

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I have the same compass issue. Did anyone ever resolve this? My 5" had no satellite. I ordered the 7" also with no satellite however the unit showed up with a blue connector port that is empty (no antenna) on the backside of my 7".
Not to the best of my knowledge.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Got it figured out. I needed to select the ATC withOUT the Rear. Works perfectly fine now.
Did you have to use a security bypass cable for in order for the J Scan to work? Which wireless OBD II device do you have? I want to get one, just not the wrong one. I am told that here are a slue of devices which are not capable with the J Scan app. Thank you!

frankisme92

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Door
Thanks man, I order the radio and bezel for now, then change AC control panel. Could you please tell me where the temp sensor is installed?
The temp sensor is installed right next to your center stack. You should see a harness with a hanging connector that you will connect to the temp sensor to. If you read the forum someone explains it but once you open the panel below the steering wheel you will see it. All of the 2020 Jeep’s should have this harness. I heard that 18 and 19 have construct a harness for the temp sensor connector, I can be wrong.
Thanks man, I order the radio and bezel for now, then change AC control panel. Could you please tell me where the temp sensor is installed?

Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Does anyone know the part number for this surround piece? Thank you !

D9F2E590-A10E-45EC-B164-C13836AFBC60.jpeg

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I was checking in my jeep and it doesn't have the harness, would you know where I can get it?
Early on in the post one of the members describes how to construct one. If I recall he may have used a 3D printer, I could be wrong.

Delong418

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport - Punk’n Orange
In case of not installing the temperature sensor, what would be the problem with the HVAC panel?
Wildly uncontrollable temperature, in my case much worse with the heater. This winter I’d set the HVAC to 69 and it’d blow piping hot air, then set it to 68 and it blows freezing cold air. Resulted in me just leaving the heater off most of the winter until I reverted by to my original HVAC stack. Some day when I have time I’ll have to build the wiring harness since my 2018 JLU Sport does not have the harness.

Sponsored

ajag1984

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2018
ok I understand, I have no idea or experience of how to do that harness, because my jeep does not bring it either

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Attached is a picture from earlier in the thread. My jeep is a 2018 Sport S and it was there. This is pretty much right below start button . My cable was stuck in that rectangle area marked plug stored here, but hooked to nothing. I pulled it out hooked up sensor and put it in half moon hole just above. Hope ths helps.

Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4? Sensor location

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Worst case if you truly don’t have it then just use manual controls and never set it to automatic temperature regulation.

ajag1984

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2018
I will try to look for it where AlanD indicate it, otherwise I prefer not to change the HVCA panel until I get someone to sell the harness
Sponsored