Sponsored

Diesel fuel polishing

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 1984 CJ-7, 1999 XJ
Anyone consider or has put one of these systems on an ecodiesel? I first heard about it on the Diesel Brothers show. However I'm only really finding info for boat people.

Would this be a good add for the ecodiesel to ensure no real contaminates, water, gets to the injectors, and also it takes care of 100% of the air bubbles associated with conventional diesel fuel filter.

Thanks for any knowledge to can provide to a new diesel owner.
Sponsored

bryan8379

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
It doesn't seem like something that would be necessary unless you are getting old diesel from some place that's sketchy, IMO

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
More diesel fuel filtration is pretty much always a good thing. Necessary? Worth it? Subjective.

IMO, it's worth it. Having said that it is down on my list of priorities. Since they have kept increasing the pressure in these common rail systems, they have found the need for better filtration. And it seems most manufacturers have done a decent job of providing such.

I'm personally a little more concerned with polishing the oil through bypass filtration. Although again, probably not necessary.

OP
OP
ComfortablyNumb
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More diesel fuel filtration is pretty much always a good thing. Necessary? Worth it? Subjective.

IMO, it's worth it. Having said that it is down on my list of priorities. Since they have kept increasing the pressure in these common rail systems, they have found the need for better filtration. And it seems most manufacturers have done a decent job of providing such.

I'm personally a little more concerned with polishing the oil through bypass filtration. Although again, probably not necessary.
Cool, thanks guy's!!!

WVB

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Unlimited 3.0L Diesel HellaYella
Might be worth a look. An extremely minuscule amount of water can wreck the entire fuel system. Hopefully factory filtration has gotten better. Ford was the worst with the 6.7L. Lots of $12,000 fuel system repairs that Ford refused to warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ComfortablyNumb
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would explain why the featured it on Diesel Brothers (Motor Trend Channel, I think)

They put it in a 6.7L Ford F450. They mentioned that it enhanced fuel economy as well.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
FASS, Airdog, Aeromotive. Go hit up some of the established diesel pickup forums. I've had an Airdog 150 on my 2005 Dodge Ram 5.9L diesel since probably 2007-2008.

JJWALKER

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj7
in da jeep not really necessary imo. pay more attention to where u buy ur fuel. higher turnover equals cleaner fuel.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
So, if one is traveling to very remote US with sketch fuel stations this might be worth the peace of mind? Or, when traveling Baja where you might question the fuel quality (of course in Baja, you might be having to run LSD fuel from time to time anyways).

Sponsored

crazy90'skid

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Silverado RCSB, 2020 JLUR
A boat only has that system because you will die if you get stranded in open waters with no help. Wranglers don’t have the room for a proper fuel polishing systems of multiple fuel tanks, and they also aren’t taking on hundreds of gallons of diesel at once from potentially anywhere in the world. The US has pretty solid diesel supply, but that Nordhavn needs to fill up not only in the US but also in third world countries as it goes around, like Ginuea, Africa where there is zero confidence in that fuel being the right diesel. That polishing system is for substandard fuels that boats commonly run into and run a very high risk of killing you and anyone aboard if anything happens to kill that engine underway. I get the idea of taking precautions but the cost to engineer a custom small scale solution is not one in dollars, but in stress, time, and only added weight and complexity to your Jeep for whoever needs to maintain that system. There is good reason for boats to have it, after a certain size especially so, and a wrangler fuel system is laughably smaller than any boat with a polishing system needed for it’s diesel.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Diesel polishing (fake name to make to make it sound sexy) been around a long time, it’s ultra filtration.

On my 6th F 350/450 total about 250k mi. Never had a fuel issue.

Got friends who are hot shot drivers doing 250 and more a year, they do not use it…WHY? No need and high overhead cost.

if you want to polish your diesel then you may to polish your oil also.

https://www.frantzfilters.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0anyssjY-wIVMRPUAR01xA36EAAYASAAEgJ___D_BwE

It must work hw has been selling these Toilet paper oil filters since the 1950s..

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
I’ve been building high HP diesels for years (mainly 5.9 and 6.7 Cummins)and airdog or fass lift pumps would be a complete waste of money on an eco diesel now extra filtration is never a bad thing there’s products out there that just add the addition of a fuel filter/water separator minus the “pump” part so roughly a third of the cost. Also it’s a good idea to get in a habit of running a lubricity additive like hot shots edc every tank
Sponsored