Taggerz

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport
Update:
After a few hours at the dealership, A test drive, and a FULL INSPECTION of the lift and “modified parts”
The service tech pulled the diff off and low and behold, Black oil and metallic shavings.
So far “crosses fingers” the dealership has been up-n-up with honoring our warranty.
They JUST ordered the Rear diff and said 7-10 days.
scheduled for repair on the 13th of July
Here’s the report.....

C65EAABC-BFA7-489A-99A8-79134340BD14.jpeg
96CEE5DE-C0A7-4C77-8123-7DEC16378CCB.jpeg
That is good news! But imagine that....how much time and hassle would be saved if they would just listen and pull the damn diff cover from the start?!?
Sponsored

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Operating Engineer Local 3
That is good news! But imagine that....how much time and hassle would be saved if they would just listen and pull the damn diff cover from the start?!?
Understandable.
But
Being that this has been the very FIRST thing we’ve taken it in for other than service, I expected they’d do a FULL inspection.

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Mines in for the third replacement currently. I'm in a free Cherokee loaner even though my wave program is long expired. 57k miles and no fix as of yet. Fingers crossed the new part number is the fix. I absolutely f'n hate lawyers, but I'm almost ready to talk to one. Fingers crossed this new part number is real. Haven't heard a peep out of my extremely friendly dealer, but I have no doubt they'll tell me straight once they have an answer. Fingers crossed for us all

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door
Mines in for the third replacement currently. I'm in a free Cherokee loaner even though my wave program is long expired. 57k miles and no fix as of yet. Fingers crossed the new part number is the fix. I absolutely f'n hate lawyers, but I'm almost ready to talk to one. Fingers crossed this new part number is real. Haven't heard a peep out of my extremely friendly dealer, but I have no doubt they'll tell me straight once they have an answer. Fingers crossed for us all
It would be nice if the new part # is the fix, but I've lost all hope and confidence that Jeep is ever going to fix this issue. I'm going on 2 months of no Jeep, no loaner and no fix. Hopefully, yours gets fixed.

Taggerz

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport
Today's claim is that its worn eyelet sleeves/bushings on my fox 2.0s. Waiting for them to get shocks back in and my wheels & tires reinstalled. I called fox and got part #s and placed an order from summit racing for replacement sleeves/bushings. So either that will prove them right or it'll result in more troubleshooting.....we'll see.

Sponsored

Octocycler

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Are they still covering this third replacement under warranty?

Mikeblue jl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Finally got mine back today. So after axle seal blew they replaced it and new one started leaking again after about 30 miles so they had to tear open differential again and found that the new axle assembly they put in had a bad axle shaft and was eating the seal. So they had to get a new axle shaft and got it all back together yesterday and I was able to get it back today with NO problems now. The part number for the new axle assembly i got is 68401151AD.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got mine back today. So after axle seal blew they replaced it and new one started leaking again after about 30 miles so they had to tear open differential again and found that the new axle assembly they put in had a bad axle shaft and was eating the seal. So they had to get a new axle shaft and got it all back together yesterday and I was able to get it back today with NO problems now. The part number for the new axle assembly i got is 68401151AD.
Change the oil in it after a few thousand miles to get all of the wear metals out of it.

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door
I wonder what has changed about this new part # on the differential assembly. AD means 4th revision. I hope this fixes it and I kinda’ want to try it and see, but I’m, also, kinda’ skeptical. I’m not sure whether to give this a shot or spend the 23K-24K and just upgrade my axles.

Sponsored

Mikeblue jl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I wonder what has changed about this new part # on the differential assembly. AD means 4th revision. I hope this fixes it and I kinda’ want to try it and see, but I’m, also, kinda’ skeptical. I’m not sure whether to give this a shot or spend the 23K-24K and just upgrade my axles.
Yeah I wish we could find out what changes on these new part numbers.

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Operating Engineer Local 3
The part number for the new axle assembly i got is 68401151AD.
Mine was diagnosed with Rear Differential Replacement, so I’m guessing that they aren’t going to change my axle assembly, Just the diff.
I hope that solves the issue.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty rough thread. I did my rear diff fluid at 25k miles and it was pitch black. Didn't see metal shavings though but the magnetic drain plug was gunked up. Knock on wood mine hasn't had noises so maybe I'm lucky. Going on a 2,500 mile road trip starting tomorrow to visit the fam in Toledo.
Sponsored