Knock in rear with Dana 44

Octocycler

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I have a new axle arriving tomorrow at dealer. I've been without my jeep almost 2.5 weeks because it's been apart. Frustrating with the troubleshooting with FCA that it took 1.5 weeks apart in their shop to diagnose, but top tip - having the jeep there in pieces got the part order flagged as VOR "vehicle off road) and axle should show up in 4 business days rather than the month some people have waited. I've asked for part number/revision info but haven't been told that yet. JeepCares has been helpful and I've had a loaner cherokee for free no questions asked.
Sponsored

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door
I have a new axle arriving tomorrow at dealer. I've been without my jeep almost 2.5 weeks because it's been apart. Frustrating with the troubleshooting with FCA that it took 1.5 weeks apart in their shop to diagnose, but top tip - having the jeep there in pieces got the part order flagged as VOR "vehicle off road) and axle should show up in 4 business days rather than the month some people have waited. I've asked for part number/revision info but haven't been told that yet. JeepCares has been helpful and I've had a loaner cherokee for free no questions asked.
Hopefully, they have have found a fix. A permanent one. I took mine in a month ago and still no fix. They told me the axle was on order, but didn't know when it would be in, since it's on "Intergalactic Backorder". The dealership told me to take it home since there is nothing they could do without parts. No offer of a loaner and no idea of when I could expect it to be fixed. Now it just sits in my driveway as an ornament.

I hope they get yours fixed and, please, let us know how it works out.

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Operating Engineer Local 3
Just got a message from JeepCares this morning.
FCA closed our Case and our Jeep appointment isn’t until next week Monday.
Thankful for being apart of a forum where things actually get handled.
Here’s the message i just received.
Jeep Wrangler JL Knock in rear with Dana 44 C2DD48DB-282F-4A09-A7AA-6E31A451DB02

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not holding my breath for Jeep to ever fix this. Mine has the same issue and I've been dealing with @JeepCares and the dealership for over a month and mine still isn't fixed. Mine has been sitting in my driveway close to 3 weeks. I was told part is on 'Intergalactic Backorder' and to just take my Jeep home. I'm like WTF!!! For the amount I paid for this vehicle and you can't or won't fix it, can't or won't give me a loaner and now I make payments on something that I can't drive. Having a Case opened hasn't helped either. I have a case open with them 3 weeks now and every time I complain they just tell me...

I apologize for the delays that you have been experiencing, Tony. I can assure you that your case manager is working diligently on your behalf. I have added this message to your case as well for your case manager to review.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

I'm so done with this BS!!! I've filed a complaint at this website, https://www.usa.gov/car-complaints and at this one, https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

I'm considering talking to an Attorney about a class action, since so many ppl seem to have this problem and Jeep isn't addressing it. I bought this damn Jeep to drive and not to sit in my driveway looking pretty. Why in the hell would anyone want to make payments on a vehicle to look at? Jeep has been side stepping this issue way to long. I've complained to the dealer, Jeep, FCA, JeepCares, forums, groups, even on Jeeps FB page and my damn Jeep is still broken. So for all of those that think Jeep is going to help... Let me just say... Jeep is going to f*ck you!!!

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I seriously hope you get your issue fixed.
I’m at the point of just upgrading to better parts.
Because that’s what i originally wanted to do in the first place.......
Either or, I want to see what my dealer has to say about the issue

Sponsored

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I seriously hope you get your issue fixed.
I’m at the point of just upgrading to better parts.
Because that’s what i originally wanted to do in the first place.......
Either or, I want to see what my dealer has to say about the issue
I’m completely replacing and upgrading the axles on my dime. I’ve learned through this whole ordeal that Jeep isn’t going to help on this and they are just going to screw us over. It sucks that I only have 10K miles and my Jeep is less than a year old and to know that Jeep is screwing me and so many other ppl, just pisses me the eff off. I love my Jeep and I’ve got so much money in this thing that I’m committed to it now, but to have to spend close to 25K on axles to resolve this issue, because Jeep can’t or won’t step up to the plate and fix it is ridiculous. I hope Jeep knows I’m pissed and I will NOT buy another FCA product. Hell, I went and traded my wife’s Jeep for a Buick just to get her the hell away from Jeep. My work just bought 8 new HD Trucks and they wanted Rams, but I talked them into Chevy’s after I explained to them what a nightmare getting my Jeep fixed has been. My uncle bought a 2019 Ram the day I bought my Jeep, but I convinced him to get a Denali the day I got my wife’s Buick. I’m convinced that Jeep isn’t going to fix this axle thing and the warranty is a joke. I wanted a Jeep, but I’m damn sure paying for that mistake. But, like I said I’m committed and I’ve got too much money in it to quit now. I’ll just keep Jeeping on!!!

Octocycler

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Well, the part did not show up as promised so I'm still waiting - but my service advisor has confirmed it is definitely a revised part number from the original.

Octocycler

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
So, they have a revised part # for the axle?
That's what I was told. I asked if we could find out what has changed but was told Jeep doesn't share that information. If I can get the part number details on my invoice when I get it back I'll post it.

Sponsored

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Jeep is in the Service department RN with the technician, I’ll update my experience as soon as I receive word on what they’ll do.

Taggerz

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport
And the saga begins...

Dropped my Jeep off this morning around 9am for 930 service appointment. Got a call around 230 this afternoon from the service advisor. He claimed my jeep didn't have LSD "no clutch packs in there"... He said the tech told him it was due to my mud terrain tires being cupped and they swapped stock wheels and tires on the Jeep and the noise was 100% gone.

I told him to leave the stock tires on there and I'd be down to the dealer in about 1/2 hour. Upon arrival I showed him my build sheet m220 rear axle and anti spin rear diff. The tech "stood corrected and made a mistake" is what I was told.

I jumped in got less than 1 block from the dealer and clunk clunk clunk...circled right back, told the service advisor to grab the tech he needed to go for a ride along. Again less than a block from the dealer the tech looks at me and says "it isn't that is it?" So now the tech claims since he is aware of which noise to listen for he is confident he can get it sorted out.

He started to say "last time I heard a noise like that it was a body mou..." I cut him off and said it's not a body mount bolt, you need to pull the diff cover. I pointed him to this thread and explained the black fluid and metal people are finding. Along with the need for a lot of axle replacements to which he replied "well if it is the axle they are on back-order". So that tells me he already researched before trying to pawn off the "tire issue" or they've had other people come through with this issue already.

The Jeep stayed overnight and they said they would call with an update tomorrow. I will post here when I receive that update. To be continued...

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
And the saga begins...

Dropped my Jeep off this morning around 9am for 930 service appointment. Got a call around 230 this afternoon from the service advisor. He claimed my jeep didn't have LSD "no clutch packs in there"... He said the tech told him it was due to my mud terrain tires being cupped and they swapped stock wheels and tires on the Jeep and the noise was 100% gone.

I told him to leave the stock tires on there and I'd be down to the dealer in about 1/2 hour. Upon arrival I showed him my build sheet m220 rear axle and anti spin rear diff. The tech "stood corrected and made a mistake" is what I was told.

I jumped in got less than 1 block from the dealer and clunk clunk clunk...circled right back, told the service advisor to grab the tech he needed to go for a ride along. Again less than a block from the dealer the tech looks at me and says "it isn't that is it?" So now the tech claims since he is aware of which noise to listen for he is confident he can get it sorted out.

He started to say "last time I heard a noise like that it was a body mou..." I cut him off and said it's not a body mount bolt, you need to pull the diff cover. I pointed him to this thread and explained the black fluid and metal people are finding. Along with the need for a lot of axle replacements to which he replied "well if it is the axle they are on back-order". So that tells me he already researched before trying to pawn off the "tire issue" or they've had other people come through with this issue already.

The Jeep stayed overnight and they said they would call with an update tomorrow. I will post here when I receive that update. To be continued...
Such a shitty situation.
I’m still here at my dealer 3 hours later.
Gonna drop some F-Bombs soon.

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Update:
After a few hours at the dealership, A test drive, and a FULL INSPECTION of the lift and “modified parts”
The service tech pulled the diff off and low and behold, Black oil and metallic shavings.
So far “crosses fingers” the dealership has been up-n-up with honoring our warranty.
They JUST ordered the Rear diff and said 7-10 days.
scheduled for repair on the 13th of July
Here’s the report.....

Jeep Wrangler JL Knock in rear with Dana 44 C65EAABC-BFA7-489A-99A8-79134340BD14
Jeep Wrangler JL Knock in rear with Dana 44 96CEE5DE-C0A7-4C77-8123-7DEC16378CCB
Sponsored