HarleysNGuns

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Recon, Cherokee, V-Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered from this site, and have yet to see a tracking number.
When did you order? I ordered on may 29th, was delivered two weeks later. Most places are having trouble getting them in stock. I didn’t mind waiting 2 weeks for a brand new product.

aah78

First Name
Ads
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JL)
I ordered from this site, and have yet to see a tracking number.
I ordered my Borla Touring Climber from SS Exhaust.com around the same time as HarleysNGuns & it took about a week for the warehouse to be restocked. The exhaust arrived about 10 days or so after placing the order.

So far I love the sound! I wouldn't have it any louder.

It sounds loud but not obnoxiously so on a cold-start & then settles down when the revs drop.
Driving around the city the exhaust sounds loudest at lower speed but not intrusive on the highway.

Probably a pseudo effect but the engine feels responsive on the highway.

wyobob44

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 , 17 Indian Chieftain, 12 Ford F-350 Dually 4X4, 74 Jeep Wangoneer
Occupation
Retired
wish I could find a Borla Climber touring in stock somewhere. Ideas?
I ordered mine from Summit Racing, had to wait for Borla to manufacture, then it was shipped from the factory to my house...

Sponsored

tfinnell

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubi Recon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I just installed the Borla Atak on my 2.0 Rubicon. First of all it sounds nothing like the sound clips on the Borla site. Start up has an annoying rattle, like a loose baffle, it gets a little quieter as it heats up but never goes away. Honestly, it sounds close to "clunker" status. Maybe I got a bad one ?, but I would not recommend buying based on the sound clips. I will be reinstalling the original.

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I suggest you check clearance near the end of the tailpipe. Mine hit only while the engine was running. I did some more adjusting and now there's no rattle. I really like my exhaust, nice sound and tons of extra clearance in the rear.

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the Borla Atak on my 2.0 Rubicon. First of all it sounds nothing like the sound clips on the Borla site. Start up has an annoying rattle, like a loose baffle, it gets a little quieter as it heats up but never goes away. Honestly, it sounds close to "clunker" status. Maybe I got a bad one ?, but I would not recommend buying based on the sound clips. I will be reinstalling the original.
Does it sound like metal rattling around or a raspy sound? When you take it off try shaking it around to see if there is something loose. Atak is not something I would run on my daily driver. I have ran Atak, S-Type and touring on different vehicles and the Atak is too much for me. I liked the S-Type on my Mustang and F150 although the Mustang did drone some. When researching an exhaust for the Jeep it seems there are good amount of complaints about droning so I went with a touring climber and couldn't be happier. I guess its just all about what you are looking to get out it.

OP
OP
Ian@Borla

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with our system! Please reach out to our Customer Service Manager. His email address is [email protected]. Thank you.

tfinnell

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I suggest you check clearance near the end of the tailpipe. Mine hit only while the engine was running. I did some more adjusting and now there's no rattle. I really like my exhaust, nice sound and tons of extra clearance in the rear.
I double checked, after your post, no clearance issues. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sponsored

tfinnell

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Does it sound like metal rattling around or a raspy sound? When you take it off try shaking it around to see if there is something loose. Atak is not something I would run on my daily driver. I have ran Atak, S-Type and touring on different vehicles and the Atak is too much for me. I liked the S-Type on my Mustang and F150 although the Mustang did drone some. When researching an exhaust for the Jeep it seems there are good amount of complaints about droning so I went with a touring climber and couldn't be happier. I guess its just all about what you are looking to get out it.
Yeah, I checked for that before installing since all ends are open. Even moved it around a lot while coating with heat proof coating. Thanks for responding.

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
For those of you that installed the borla climber. Did you use any heat shield on, or above, or around where it sits vs. stock position? Wondering if this is needed or not. I’m in Florida and also planning on installing artec skid plates if this has any input into the need or not.

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
This was crazy. I ordered mine on Quadratec at 2:30 on June 10th afternoon. It was on my front porch June 12th. . Plus, I called and mentioned this forum and he gave me 10% off. I paid $351.49 shipped and had it in two days.

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you that installed the borla climber. Did you use any heat shield on, or above, or around where it sits vs. stock position? Wondering if this is needed or not. I’m in Florida and also planning on installing artec skid plates if this has any input into the need or not.
I didn't, the only place it's close is near the plastic cover around the coolant lines leading into the batteries. Also plan on installing the Artec skid plates. My only concern with that plate is the cross bar looks like it goes up right around where the muffler is. Added a couple of photos to show the area I'm talking about.

Screenshot_20200629-195255~2.png

Screenshot_20200629-192854~2.png
Sponsored