Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Crypto update:

ThePaleDuck sticker ordered 05/29

Only explanation I can think of why the flury of stickers without build sheets is that Brad, who enters the sticker info, is working but Carl, who enters the build info, took the day off. Makes as much sense as Jeep's build sequencing.

Advertisement

Last edited:

Jpat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Crypto update:

ThePaleDuck sticker ordered 05/29

Only explanation I can think of why the flury of stickers without build sheets is that Brad, who enters the sticker info, is working but Carl, who enters the build infi, took the day off. Makes as much sense as Jeeps build sequencing.
He must be in now, my build sheet is posted.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Crypto update:

Garavuso build/sticker/complete no order date US Military spec - export
EliseK sticker ordered 05/21

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
He must be in now, my build sheet is posted.
Remind me of your Crypto nickname.

if Carl is in then the only thing I can think is that they are running them through without build sheets and it is pot luck day on the assembly line and they are sticking in anything they have sitting around.:clap:

Sponsored

Jpat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S

if Carl is in then the only thing I can think is that they are running them through without build sheets and it is pot luck day on the assembly line and they are sticking in anything they have sitting around.:clap:
I never added it to crypto. I check them myself

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training

If that's the case, I'll take a couple more cylinders on my Pentastar and a couple more gears on the tranny. A 392 hemi with an 8-speed manual, pleaseandthankyou.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If that's the case, I'll take a couple more cylinders on my Pentastar and a couple more gears on the tranny. A 392 hemi with an 8-speed manual, pleaseandthankyou.
Think all they have left are some Fiat 3 cyclinder engines with the 2 speed automatics.

JustAnotherChicken

First Name
Tundra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I just checked with Jeep Chat. They specifically said that they are still building 2020s, and my Jeep has status code of D.

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Horrible with playing with fire. The deal looked good initially but now seeing the window sticker and what the dealer is quoting me out the door is about $600 cheaper. But I guess since that includes taxes and title maybe it is a good deal. I don’t know first time buying.
Don't assume you're getting a bad deal if you are including Tax and dealer fees. Sales tax is 6% in your area and the dealers who give the fixed percentages off invoice price often have doc fees between $400-$800. The first step is to calculate your invoice price.

There is an invoice price associated with every price that goes into your MSRP. The 'order-guide' threads here have PDFs of the order guide that shows you the invoice price, if you can decipher it. Looking at mine, out-the-door price is close to MSRP too with 8% off invoice. My state has high sales tax though.

It really depends on how expensive your build was and the tax in your area etc.

Looks like you may have got a decent deal and now is not the time to go back on it. They will keep your deposit and sell the car if you cancel. If it turns out you were ripped off, you can certainly discuss it with them and ask for a better deal and explain why you want a better deal.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Screenshot 2020-06-29 09.43.39

Machpisto

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Eclipse, 2020 Rubicon
Not that anyone cares, but Jeep Chat just told me that my ride has been approved for shipment, but shipping arrangements have not yet been made.

I'm kinda stoked for the progress, but I just reached out to my salesperson to see if they have any updates in their dealer system. Trying not to get too excited yet, though.

Update -- Salesperson just texted back that @ 0400 yesterday my JLR was approved for shipment based on a post on their network and that as of this AM the carrier assignment was made, but the carrier hasn't acknowledged it yet...

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not that anyone cares, but Jeep Chat just told me that my ride has been approved for shipment, but shipping arrangements have not yet been made.

I'm kinda stoked for the progress, but I just reached out to my salesperson to see if they have any updates in their dealer system.

Update -- Salesperson just texted back that my @ 0400 yesterday was the approved for shipment post on their network. This AM the carrier assignment was made, but the carrier hasn't acknowledged it yet...
Maybe you'll get it before the build sheet is even posted.

laurankoby

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport Altitude, 2020 Jeep Wrangler
I just checked with Jeep Chat. They specifically said that they are still building 2020s, and my Jeep has status code of D.
Did you order 2020 or 2021? I asked Jeep chat about mine last week and they told me they weren’t building 2021 yet but also didn’t say when they would start. Mine is 2021 and I am trying to be patient .. knowing there were lots of 2020s waiting still... HOWEVER, patience is not my best virtue ... like most of you on here .. we have that in common

dubaqueen

First Name
Ellis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sarge Green
Don't assume you're getting a bad deal if you are including Tax and dealer fees. Sales tax is 6% in your area and the dealers who give the fixed percentages off invoice price often have doc fees between $400-$800. The first step is to calculate your invoice price.

There is an invoice price associated with every price that goes into your MSRP. The 'order-guide' threads here have PDFs of the order guide that shows you the invoice price, if you can decipher it. Looking at mine, out-the-door price is close to MSRP too with 8% off invoice. My state has high sales tax though.

It really depends on how expensive your build was and the tax in your area etc.

Looks like you may have got a decent deal and now is not the time to go back on it. They will keep your deposit and sell the car if you cancel. If it turns out you were ripped off, you can certainly discuss it with them and ask for a better deal and explain why you want a better deal.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking Screenshot 2020-06-29 09.43.39
Thank you all!!! I’ll feel out the dealer once it’s time for me to sign. But after really looking over the numbers it’s looking like 6% below MSRP. So I will kindly pick up my Jeep and not loose my deposit.

Advertisement

Advertisement