Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That's the best trim level really. And the best part is, everyone here has it!

Whenever I do a curbside pickup and they ask what kinda car, I just say a blue jeep. So far that works 100% of the time. XD
I say "Badass Gray Jeep". They get a kick out of that.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Look. It's simple, really.

If you want to wave at other Jeeps, you get the Sport S and choose the option packages.

If you don't ever wave at other Jeeps, you get the Sahara.

OR SO IT SEEMS
I thought if you didn't want to wave at other jeeps it was, "Mod your JK into oblivion so you can sneer at your underlings" :LOL:

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
That's the best trim level really. And the best part is, everyone here has it!

Whenever I do a curbside pickup and they ask what kinda car, I just say a blue jeep. So far that works 100% of the time. XD
So they walk around to the blue Renegade , next to the blue Compass ;)

I never debadge my cars, kind of like owning a Hellcat and putting a SXT decal on to fool the troops, NOT!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

I never debadge my cars, kind of like owning a Hellcat and putting a SXT decal on to fool the troops, NOT!
I generally agree. With one exception, 12 years ago I bought a 2002 Mustang GT that the previous owner had put Cobra badges on. At least two bros (in VWs) tried to start a race just on the drive home from the dealer... :asshat: We took those badges off quickly, lol.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I generally agree. With one exception, 12 years ago I bought a 2002 Mustang GT that the previous owner had put Cobra badges on. At least two bros (in VWs) tried to start a race just on the drive home from the dealer... :asshat: We took those badges off quickly, lol.
Meh, I get more stop light challenges in my SRT, They see the Gomango orange and start revving, I laugh and rev back, then they look like tools when the light changes and they speed off LOL. I need my liscense since I work for a Utility. Not worth risking my livelyhood to punks in shitboxes at traffic lights. We used to be infested with rice boy cars about 10 yrs ago, in my Daytona everyone of em wanted to race in their clap trapped Civic or whatever. Thank god they all rotted out or blew up, they were like gnats!

On the other hand if someone rides my bumper, I will generally step on it and leave them in the dust, but in that case dont risk much. An idiot in a mini Cooper was doing so yesterday on some back roads, got tired of his act and booted it, the active exhaust on the SRT sounds awesome at WOT. He faded in my mirror and didnt ride my ass after that. Note we have some nice back roads on the coast on some peninsulas here in Maine. Not a lot of traffic, so nice for a Sunday ride. Love the Wranglers, my PT Converticles, SRT , all nice crusiers for an old fart like me to enjoy for a Sunday drive.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Meh, I get more stop light challenges in my SRT, They see the Gomango orange and start revving, I laugh and rev back, then they look like tools when the light changes and they speed off LOL. I need my liscense since I work for a Utility. Not worth risking my livelyhood to punks in shitboxes at traffic lights. We used to be infested with rice boy cars about 10 yrs ago, in my Daytona everyone of em wanted to race in their clap trapped Civic or whatever. Thank god they all rotted out or blew up, they were like gnats!

On the other hand if someone rides my bumper, I will generally step on it and leave them in the dust, but in that case dont risk much. An idiot in a mini Cooper was doing so yesterday on some back roads, got tired of his act and booted it, the active exhaust on the SRT sounds awesome at WOT. He faded in my mirror and didnt ride my ass after that. Note we have some nice back roads on the coast on some peninsulas here in Maine. Not a lot of traffic, so nice for a Sunday ride. Love the Wranglers, my PT Converticles, SRT , all nice crusiers for an old fart like me to enjoy for a Sunday drive.
Yeah, we didn't buy the car to do any street racing, just to enjoy the drive. Still... when a broski pulls up in a Golf (not even a GTI) and thinks he's gonna beat you it kind of takes the enjoyment of the drive away... :asshat:

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
I still love my 2019 MOAB (JLUM). Won't ever be built again, has the best of the JLUS , fully loaded up with every package with JLUR suspension and KM2 tires. I know that was exactly what I wanted (wish It had the Sky One Touch). The point missed by most of the posts here is that very few out of the vast majority of Jeep drivers even know what an ORDER GUIDE is. They drive to the lot, find a color, find one that has the "options" they consider important and drive off with a new jeep. Some get the Rubicon cause it looks "cool" and have no clue what a locking differential or sway bar disconnects.

Sponsored

Raysanti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
TBH I wanted a MOAB but by the time I was ready to order it was no longer available.

I'm happy, tho. Looking forward to the modding when things get back to "normal" around here.

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl
From what i get at the Sahara also have softer suspension package with most options installed. and the full time 4wd is great for snow and ice on a daily driver where most people do not want to shift into 4wd on the fly when they "need" it. I think Jeep does great with the sport/sports ( difference is only power windows and locks and a/c), Sahara, Rubicon, and now the Mojave.
It makes perfect sense if u want the painted roof and fenders but don’t want a rubicon. The rubicon is what makes no sense rubicon should be an option on Sahara and sport and do away with the rubicon.

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl

I always debadge my vehicles it looks like shit. Plus if u need the badge to tell u what it is then U probably don’t know what the model and trim means anyways kinda like wearing a name tag around your family. Take those cheap ugly stickers and plastic off your Jeep.

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab

I love all my stickers and all my trail badges on my Jeep. It's a good thing it's MY jeep.

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
I would just kind like the Hemi Rubicon base model. Roll up windows and all. Well, I need ac. But that’s it! They have so many choices. Might as well have just one more.
Kinda like what Chevy did with the Camaro in the '90s when they put the big block 350 in a base car with a 6 speed shifter. That car was stupid fast after just some minor tinkering and a good flash.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.