Sponsored

How often do ya’ll drive naked and what do you use for protection?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This will honestly be my first mod I do when I get my JL in August at some point lol
I recommend you order now, just in case. I've been ordering a lot from a bunch of companies and some ships out within a week, most takes a few weeks, and some I've been waiting over 2 months and counting.

Congratulations on the awesome JL heading your way, hopefully sooner than later! Look forward to seeing your show off pics! Lol
Sponsored

Nomoracin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
OP,

My Jeep is naked for the entire summer. It's garaged and I have a 2nd or 3rd car to drive though.

I have that TopLift Pros hardtop hoist (it's $980 shipped btw) on order...I think it's supposed to ship out today actually.

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
OP,

My Jeep is naked for the entire summer. It's garaged and I have a 2nd or 3rd car to drive though.

I have that TopLift Pros hardtop hoist (it's $980 shipped btw) on order...I think it's supposed to ship out today actually.
Nice.. I looked at the videos and that lift looks like a genius idea!

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
I'll run naked quite often here. I have an Alien Sunshade, so that helps a bit if I'm parked outside. My workplace has a garage, and its garaged at my house. Once you take the top and doors off a few times you get used to it. I can put the top on in less than 15 min, and get it off in about the same amount of time with my lift in the garage.

Nomoracin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Nice.. I looked at the videos and that lift looks like a genius idea!
Yea, I can't wait! It's super pricey, but my wife didn't want me to build a hoist in the garage because she doesn't like the way it looks because it's like "permanent" (and probably because she doesn't trust my handiness...haha) At least with the TopLift Pros hoist I can hopefully sell it in the future and recoup a good portion of that cost back.

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Soft top most of the time so does not take long to flip back and pull doors. Ran 3 weeks straight beginning of June that's a long time for our pipolar East Texas weather. Heat of day would flip up and run safari mode.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Why not either buy a full soft top, or get a cover and yank the top and doors. When parked with threat of rain throw the cover on it.

I have to build a cart to store my HT and a couple carts to store the doors. On vacation next week, so that is my project. Get the top off, soft top on and install my tube doors.

have a cover if it rains.

Last edited:

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have a Trektop NX and just flip the freedom-panel portion back and take the back windows off. I do wish I had a retractable sunscreen I could easily pull back but they don't make it for the JL. I also have a JeepJacket I put on. The Jeep Jacket is very well made but expensive. Not sure I would buy one again for my use and there are cheaper options.
Jeep Wrangler JL How often do ya’ll drive naked and what do you use for protection? IMG_3821

Jeep Wrangler JL How often do ya’ll drive naked and what do you use for protection? C56AEEA0-12B3-4FB0-A9DA-2550D140A1B5

Reactions: VNT

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
My top and doors have been off for the better part of the last 2 months and will be till like October. This is specifically why I chose a soft top over a hard top (besides looks). I leave my Jeep in safari mode and if it looks rainy I will pop the top back on, since it is so quick, then when I get back home I take it off. Doors take me less time than the top to take on and off. So I just leave it all off till the forecast looks shitty and then put it on for a day or two.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I have a Trektop NX and just flip the freedom-panel portion back and take the back windows off. I do wish I had a retractable sunscreen I could easily pull back but they don't make it for the JL. I also have a JeepJacket I put on. The Jeep Jacket is very well made but expensive. Not sure I would buy one again for my use and there are cheaper options.
IMG_3821.jpeg

C56AEEA0-12B3-4FB0-A9DA-2550D140A1B5.jpeg
How does the jacket fit around the mirrors, that looks like a nice cover for anyone who wants to leave the top and doors off or run tube doors with the mirrors.

Thanks for posting that, never heard of Jeep jacket but just checked out their site.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Why not either buy a full soft top, or get a cover and yank the top and doors. When parked with threat of rain throw the cover on it.

I have to build a cart to store my HT and a couple carts to store the doors. On vacation next week, so that is my project. Get the top off, soft top on and install my tube doors.

have a cover if it rains.
I debated getting my Rubi with a soft top but living in Vermont the hardtop just seemed more practical. More and more I like the idea of having a summer top where the Freedom Panels can go right over them.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Jeep Wrangler JL How often do ya’ll drive naked and what do you use for protection? C56AEEA0-12B3-4FB0-A9DA-2550D140A1B5

The Jeep Jacket looks like it seals pretty well? What would you get out of the cheaper ones - what others have you seen on the market?

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does the jacket fit around the mirrors, that looks like a nice cover for anyone who wants to leave the top and doors off or run tube doors with the mirrors.

Thanks for posting that, never heard of Jeep jacket but just checked out their site.
It does fit around the mirrors. It has velcro around it. It comes with a carry bag and is very heavy material. High quality. I think I paid around $400 for it though at the Myrtle Beach Jeep Jam last year. ***EDIT***I just looked at their website and they are $285 on there. I still think I paid more but i'm old and my memory is slipping! https://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels...-2018-2019-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jlu-4-door

Last edited:
Reactions: VNT

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The reason I bought a soft top, my roof travels with me. Garaged at home and at work though I haven't been to the latter since March 17th. Top has been down since around April 1st and I did have to grab the panels once when out driving as a storm approached.

rancej

First Name
Rance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Jeep Jacket looks like it seals pretty well? What would you get out of the cheaper ones - what others have you seen on the market?
One like this is much cheaper for my use. I'm sure it's thiner/lighter. I'm just looking for something to keep the rain off. The JeepJacket is no joke in quality and since I have it, I'll use it. I bought it for my JKU but it fits the JLU perfectly. This is a cheaper option:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/cab-cover-door-flaps-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl
Sponsored