Sponsored

Looking for a little insight on going from a "performance car" to a new Wrangler JL

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
No regrets here. Had my G8 for over 12 years before getting into my Wrangler last month. I loved everything about the G8 but my whole family loves the Jeep. I think that’s what makes it fun. Can’t wait to get this thing off road tomorrow and hit some trails!

ECD802FB-9C8C-4145-9ADB-2286D9D1316F.jpeg

C0B721D1-3EB5-4811-A6C8-F8497FB29D09.jpeg
Sponsored

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have driven my Trans Am twice since I bought my JL 18 months ago. Both times were just trips around the block to blow the cob webs out.

Never thought this would happen but the Jeep has pulled me out of the muscle car scene. I am just way more relaxed driving the Jeep. If the Jeep was a bit faster it would be perfect, like a high 13's quarter mile.

Now after 18 of years of ownership I am going to sell the TA.
I hear ya and can relate! I've owned my 1995 Pontiac Comp T/A (#47) since 1997 and it's up for sale at Mecum auction in Indianapolis in July. The ocean blue JLUR I just picked up is sooo much more fun and I don't worry about someone wrecking into me anymore. Less stress is worth it!

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0520-434027/1995-pontiac-trans-am-slp-comp-ta/

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
I've never given a Wrangler a second look until I saw my first JL several days ago, and it instantly had me hook, line, and sinker. Added to that is also the fact that we bought a new Grand Cherokee Summit last year that we absolutely LOVE, so I'm really thinking that a Wrangler JL (Sahara) is my next ride. One thing I'm curious about... I currently drive a 2014 Mustang Premium V6 with the performance package, and I've usually made it a point to have more "performance" oriented cars (not crazy or anything... just "peppy"). While I fully realize that the comparison is apples and oranges, are there any current Jeep Wrangler owners out there that made a similar change to what I'm considering doing? Any pros / cons / plusses / minuses you'd care to share? I'd love to hear about your experience with making the big change. Thanks!
Never owned a performance car till i got my 17 Camaro 2ss, let me tell you i do miss the sound of the v8, cockpit like interior, tight corning, the hp/torque in that thing. In saying that i thought about lowering it and doing a few other mods but would cost too much and lot of headaches.

Now i got into the jlu sport with out really knowing if I'll like it, never done any wheeling either. Everything i liked about the Camaro didn't like in the wrangler however my first time out in the bush i fell in love with it. Also crazy how easy it is to modify it. Did my own lift, added a aftermarket headunit, subs, bumper, do my own oil changes, tire rotations, lots of fun. Really happy i made the trade.my only 2 regrets are not getting abikini color and a Rubicon

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have thought of buying a Camaro SS convetible like this:

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a little insight on going from a "performance car" to a new Wrangler JL 1593296373082

or this

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a little insight on going from a "performance car" to a new Wrangler JL 1593296520555

as our touring car..... or 2nd car after the wife retires and we get rid of the high milage XJ and Kia Optima. then be down to two vehicles. No need to buy it right now as my wife's commute is about 80 miles a day. It does not need to be brand new like the Rubicon as the resale value on these drop fast unlike the Rubicon.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
and here I go to Autotrader in 3....2...1.

just to look....

Sponsored

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I don't know how to answer this because I want to say I like my C7 Corvette the best, but I don't! I don't like my Wrangler the best either though. Believe it or not, I have the most fun on my 50CC Honda Ruckus! Say what you want, but that thing is a blast driving around LA. I use it for coffee runs, beach cruises, lunch at taco shops, etc.

For my commute to work I like my Corvette. It's fast. It's fun. It wakes me up. For local errands I take the Wrangler around. It's a different kinds of fun. It's relaxing and it makes people smile. Then you take it off road for the first time and you will bond with it even more. It reminds me of my dog, it tries its hardest to please and never asks for anything back except a pat on the head. I have a Ram 1500 w/hemi too and that is always my go to for rainy days and Home Depot runs. I enjoy it too, but more for it being utilitarian. I also have a tuner car (Mitsubishi Lancer w/turbo kit) that I have a love/hate relationship with. It is more for local car shows and gives me something to tinker with.

I guess if you can afford it, keep one of each personality?

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a little insight on going from a "performance car" to a new Wrangler JL 20200518_173706_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a little insight on going from a "performance car" to a new Wrangler JL 20191020_173526_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a little insight on going from a "performance car" to a new Wrangler JL 20190528_105729

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a little insight on going from a "performance car" to a new Wrangler JL 20181003_214928

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a little insight on going from a "performance car" to a new Wrangler JL 20190609_183424

ThePaleDuck47

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
I kept my Mustang, added my Jeep. Problem solved.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a little insight on going from a "performance car" to a new Wrangler JL 20190609_183424
Nice!!!!! I have a good weather car also, 03 Mach. Its no Jeep on a sunny day, but when you need to hear the cams and borla exhaust sing its a bit of all right.

IMG_0732.jpg

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
Nice!!!!! I have a good weather car also, 03 Mach. Its no Jeep on a sunny day, but when you need to hear the cams and borla exhaust sing its a bit of all right.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a little insight on going from a "performance car" to a new Wrangler JL IMG_0732
That’s a great looking Stang?

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Hell. I just have both. The mustang is just cheap thrill.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking for a little insight on going from a "performance car" to a new Wrangler JL 1391FFA3-40FF-4BF2-9030-5426B582CE53
Sponsored