Sponsored

I don't get the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I wonder what a sticker delete option would go for? That's right - charge for doing less. One thing I LIKE about the Sahara Altitude is that it has virtually no stickers. Rubicon hood sticker delete anyone?
That's Porsche's method.

I actually like the Rubicon sticker, but removed the Wrangler stickers. Oh and I deleted my antenna and replaced with another Trail Rated badge.
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I agree. I was worried when I swapped a Rubicon suspension on my Sport S I would loose some of the softness I liked on my country road commute. I even got the highest number rubicon springs. The Rubicon shocks I believe are the key. They give a sportier feel to handling and jumps (rail road crossings...) but give up nothing in open road cruising. Tom
This 1000%. When I swapped rubi suspension onto my Sport I was sure it was gonna start driving like a tank, but man, I actually think the drive feels more supple than with the Sport suspension. I've had it switched for a year now, pavement driving and oversand. It's been awesome.

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
I like what they have going on with the High Altitude. Color matched everything if you're going for that over the top nice look..

I would be careful and stressed if I ever took it off road though..

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
When I bought my first JK, the Sport was named "X". Now that was some innovative naming. :)

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
A La Carte ordering is what " we" wanted, and they listened..
Yes, and I think it's a great idea. The only people who will likely care about the difficulty telling one trim from the next are the people who care about image. For example, someone with a Sahara getting mad that people can't tell that the Jeep isn't a Sport. Who really cares.
I happen to like that you can buy a Sport and add all the features you want, without being stuck with all the Sahara standard features if you don't want them. That used to really annoy me about car/truck buying. If you want option "A" you're stuck with options "B" - "F" because they're all part of a package. Go Jeep for allowing you to order option "A" only, if that's the only one you want.

mr187

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Law enforcement
How I see the three trim level:

Sport:
Someone who wants a wrangler but doesn't want to spend $50K
or
Someone who wants the cheapest wrangler because they are going to build their rig how they want it.

Rubicon:
Someone who wants the off road capability for moderate adventures
or
Someone who has $$$$ to burn to for a mall crawler

Sahara:
Is the dealers catch all. It has most of the options that people want when they go to the dealership.

This opinion is based on people who walk onto a dealership lot to purchase a vehicle in stock.

Yes you can special order just about anything on the different trim levels. However, special ordering is not Jeeps bread and butter money maker.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
When I bought my first JK, the Sport was named "X". Now that was some innovative naming. :)
“X” was originally introduced in 2002 as an entry level trim with less features to get the 4.0 at a lower cost than “Sport”

When JK debuted they dropped Sport and kept X but that didn’t last long (2007-09). Jeep changed their mind and dropped X while going back to Sport in 2010

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There was also a Rubicon X in 2014 —which later became Rubicon Hard Rock.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe Jeep should just let you name your own trim. Like maybe when order you can call it 'D A V E' with big matching letters on the hood.
Yup. Or Sporsaharicon Altitude S.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
I just realized, I took the stickers off.

My trim level is: Jeep
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.