Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I used to think it was a cool feature until I was wheelin and 2 of my friends had their swaybar automatically reconnecting several times on different trips bc they hit 25mph on trails. They didn't realize it until they started lifting tires on the next obstacle. I'd rather take 30 seconds to use quick disconnects and stay disconnected at whatever speed I want.
If that’s how the swaybar disconnect works on JL Rubicons, that’s a big change.

The swaybar on every JK Rubicon I owned stayed disconnected until I pressed the button to reconnect. If I exceeded 15 MPH, the swaybar light would blink on my instruments panel to remind me that my swaybar was still disconnected, but that was it. It wouldn’t reconnect until I pressed that button And often times with some difficulty; the swaybar needs to be aligned to be able to reconnect.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
If that’s how the swaybar disconnect works on JL Rubicons, that’s a big change.

The swaybar on every JK Rubicon I owned stayed disconnected until I pressed the button to reconnect. If I exceeded 15 MPH, the swaybar light would blink on my instruments panel to remind me that my swaybar was still disconnected, but that was it. It wouldn’t reconnect until I pressed that button And often times with some difficulty; the swaybar needs to be aligned to be able to reconnect.
True story....also dont like that lockers can only be used in 4wd low.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I might take you up on that. Had a antirock on my TJ and thought it was great on and off road.
Why not just get the AR or the Sway-loc?

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Might. I have other pressing upgrades to do before I go that route. Hydro assist and rear truss for two of them.
Are people bending a lot of these 44 housings? I've got a HP60 and 14 bolt in the shop with lockers/5.38s f/r and a 3 speed Hero case I could throw on, but I really wasn't wanting to go that extreme on this build...at least not for several years.

Are you doing the PSC hydro assist?

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Are people bending a lot of these 44 housings? I've got a HP60 and 14 bolt in the shop with lockers/5.38s f/r and a 3 speed Hero case I could throw on, but I really wasn't wanting to go that extreme on this build...at least not for several years.

Are you doing the PSC hydro assist?
not that I know of but I'd like the added strength since I have a penchant for going fast on fire roads. If I didnt like to crawl so much I'd be the ideal candidate for the baja bronco. lol

My front is trussed along with RCVs the rear has yukons and trussing it will finish it up.

No PSC. I'm sure it's a fine set up but with so many parts and departure from factory I'd rather stick with the redneck set up. I will be traveling with my rig and need a more simple product. I could be easily talked out of it if you have some intel on the subject. I used the internet machine and couldnt find anything bad about the redneck.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not that I know of but I'd like the added strength since I have a penchant for going fast on fire roads. If I didnt like to crawl so much I'd be the ideal candidate for the baja bronco. lol

My front is trussed along with RCVs the rear has yukons and trussing it will finish it up.

No PSC. I'm sure it's a fine set up but with so many parts and departure from factory I'd rather stick with the redneck set up. I will be traveling with my rig and need a more simple product. I could be easily talked out of it if you have some intel on the subject. I used the internet machine and couldnt find anything bad about the redneck.

The only downside I've heard of on the Redneck is the owner stated it will not cure death wobble on the JL if you have it....which I found odd since it should minimize it by the very nature of the single ended cylinder set up.

My understanding is the Redneck Ram is also substantially cheaper as well; which, IMO....the PSC is overpriced. Not saying it's not great quality....they make very good, matched steering systems, but in the case of the JL, more expensive than it ought to be (again, IMO) considering you can do a custom full hydro set up for cheaper. They are basically milking the Jeep market like it's got tits.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Good teaser video. Nothing can hold a candle to the JL and it's "Manifesto"... but still pretty sweet
Yeah. I like that they are carving out a slightly different place for the Bronco and giving it its own identity similar to the Raptor.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.