I don't get the Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
It's too bad they got rid of Bikini, that would have been the perfect blue for the islander. But I suppose they will use Hydro Blue instead.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Seriously?

edit: dear god, I just found it........

ā€œTECHNOLOGY GROUP
Required on Sport S, Willys, Freedom and Islanderā€
Oh... I got this:
  • Islander: A laid-back low-key package for livin' that island lifestyle. Technology group? Mandatory.
  • Willys: The package for those who long for a simpler time, before technology controlled everything. Technology group? Mandatory.
  • Sport S: What's the minimum that I can choose that doesn't have crank windows? Technology group? Mandatory.
  • Freedom Edition: Finally free from all those damn computers that regulate everything. Technology group? Mandatory.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I like my interior.

BCED01F6-7D1D-48B3-94F4-B7FF7B62CD3A.jpeg

Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

With the return of the Islander package apparently "in the works", maybe it's time for the return of another famous trim...a trim that resolves the aforementioned blurring between the Sport S and the Sahara.

Perhaps FCA can bring back the original luxury Jeep, the "Tuxedo Park".

If you aren't familiar with it, the Tuxedo Park was a CJ-5 / CJ-6 trim that could include a chrome front bumper, leather seats, and hubcaps (among other "luxury" features). A modern, JL based Tuxedo Park could be just the thing for mall crawling and driving over those pesky tire stops at the country club!

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
OK. Imma gonna tell my age. Back in the old days manufacturers would just make a base model vehicle, and then the option list was a mile long. You could simple check the boxes you liked without any "Oh yeah, if you want that option you have to buy these 2 others options." Options you may not want. I understand in an effort to streamline the building of cars they came up with packages, and that's OK. But in them old day you could come up with a vehicle that may be a one of a kind build, and be exactly the vehicle you wanted.
Jim, not only does it streamline production it also provides more profit! More stuff = more money!

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
That will be coming in 2022 as well. It will be included in the High Altitude Sport Recon Tobacco Road Edition that will only be available in the ā€œDried Leafā€œ paint color.
I know you're joking, but I'm envisioning a brown or earthy green for Dried Leaf, and I could absolutely get on board with something like that. Maybe we should get you into FCA marketing.

Yeah the build tool is garbage.
Apparently.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Speaking of options that are standard, why does the Ram Power Wagon get a winch and a Wrangler does not? :like:

I like my 4 dr Wrangler. It happens to be a Sahara. All I was looking for was just enough options that had more room between retail and invoice on the cost of each option. I needed more room for discounts in order to eat some negative equity I was bringing from my trade in all the while trying to keep the final cost as low as possible.

Iā€™ll keep it but probably pick up a Rubicon too.

I donā€™t care about trim names. It would be awesome to just pick Wrangler options you want.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I know you're joking, but I'm envisioning a brown or earthy green for Dried Leaf, and I could absolutely get on board with something like that. Maybe we should get you into FCA marketing.

Apparently.
LOL. I just made a sale! FCA, where is my commission?

Tangokilo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Oldsmobile 442, 2001 4runner, 2010 Honda Accord V6 Coupe, 2011 VW Golf, 1969 Triump T100 MC and 2018 JLU Sport S
Yeah, my stock Rubicon honestly feels like it rides softer than my buddy's stock Sahara, both on OEM rubicon KO2s - we've traded Jeeps on the trail and off during our trips and both feel this way. I think the stock Jeep suspension on all the trims aren't all that much different from each other aside from the slight additional height the rubicon suspension provides.
I agree. I was worried when I swapped a Rubicon suspension on my Sport S I would loose some of the softness I liked on my country road commute. I even got the highest number rubicon springs. The Rubicon shocks I believe are the key. They give a sportier feel to handling and jumps (rail road crossings...) but give up nothing in open road cruising. Tom

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys ā€œEditionā€ TBD Mar 2021
Speaking of options that are standard, why does the Ram Power Wagon get a winch and a Wrangler does not? :like:

I like my 4 dr Wrangler. It happens to be a Sahara. All I was looking for was just enough options that had more room between retail and invoice on the cost of each option. I needed more room for discounts in order to eat some negative equity I was bringing from my trade in all the while trying to keep the final cost as low as possible.

Iā€™ll keep it but probably pick up a Rubicon too.

I donā€™t care about trim names. It would be awesome to just pick Wrangler options you want.
I wonder what a sticker delete option would go for? That's right - charge for doing less. One thing I LIKE about the Sahara Altitude is that it has virtually no stickers. Rubicon hood sticker delete anyone?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.