Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I have done Bearwallow many times on an ATV. It is a great trail system. I look forward to going back with the Jeep.
Bro I work out that way most times.... definitely going there

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Apparently we should just be thankful that we're allowed to give FCA our comparatively colourful money.

Jackasses.

Honestly. How hard could this be?
Exactly, and Canada doesn't lack for some amazing trails, fire roads, and old, abandoned roads that would be fantastic. Hell, the drive up to Inuvik could be a badge.

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly, and Canada doesn't lack for some amazing trails, fire roads, and old, abandoned roads that would be fantastic. Hell, the drive up to Inuvik could be a badge.
Inuvik! No one wants to go up there. You might as well continue all the way to the Artic! Best part is I knew exactly where it was without Google.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Inuvik! No one wants to go up there. You might as well continue all the way to the Artic! Best part is I knew exactly where it was without Google.
Tuktoyaktuk has a road up to it now. I can't imagine it would be a "regular" road, and could see lots of side trips along the way. That could be a fun drive, and worthy of a badge.

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
Anyone been to Northwest OHV park in Texas? It's only an 11 hour drive away for me, AND I LIVE IN TEXAS!
Been a few times and surprised its a badge "trail" now. It's really a small park with lots of short trails and lots of mud. The longest trail is really the main access road. I thought Barnwell or even Crossbar in Davis, OK would have better trails to badge. Interesting choice.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone done Bearwallow in W. Virginia? I've done ATVs on the Hatfield/McCoy system, but haven't done Bearwallow. I'm thinking of throwing some stuff in the Jeep and heading out there for a couple days of zip lining, exploring, and doing Bearwallow.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone done Bearwallow in W. Virginia? I've done ATVs on the Hatfield/McCoy system, but haven't done Bearwallow. I'm thinking of throwing some stuff in the Jeep and heading out there for a couple days of zip lining, exploring, and doing Bearwallow.
Well, I looked at the regulations and cancelled the trip. First, they require every passenger buy a permit. That's $50 for driver and $50 for each kid, (4 of them) and there is no discount for them. But it gets better. Every passenger in the vehicle, even a Jeep, has to wear a helmet.

So, the next time I go to Hatfield/McCoy, it'll be for an ATV/UTV trip, not a Jeep trip. Bummer.

I may do Drummond Island, instead.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Apparently we should just be thankful that we're allowed to give FCA our comparatively colourful money.

Jackasses.

Honestly. How hard could this be?
Might I suggest that you And some buddies (or a Facebook group) gather 20-ish possible trail candidates. Tough ones.... hard ones.... Do some basic video of them... start points, end points, points of interest. Once you have about 20-ish of them, send them to the BOH folks and see if they will include them for Canada ....

yep, I know that this means that you do all the work and they get to market them...... but...... it also maybe helping a lot of others in the frosty north join this program .......

oh, and while you are at it, do some simple trails too..... “trails for pusses” like me. ...... maybe you can convince Jeep to include the Canadian Pussy Trail Badge. I’d drive up there for that.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
It would be cool if they had an easy/medium/hard BOH trail in every state. Hard being objective of course. Hard for a newbie really.
And for each you could get a badge.

for easy, you could get a badge for Pusses and it would be white.
for medium you could get a badge for experts in blue
for hard you could get a badge for Pros in red.

red, white, and blue.

in all seriousness, (although I am serious above), the BOH folks really need to crowd source this program. The goal here should be to build a Jeep off-road community and expand it. Get people in their Jeeps out there tackling pussy trails but having fun in the “wilderness”. BUILD the brand for newbies not just seasoned pros. If they crowd-sourced the trail selections, they could have multiple trails per state/ Canada in all categories.. and it would cost them darn near nothing to build the listing of trails.......... seems like a winner to me.

TMJL2018

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

Anyone been to Northwest OHV park in Texas? It's only an 11 hour drive away for me, AND I LIVE IN TEXAS!
Yep, been there many times since it's an hour away. It's not a bad park, but depending on how much rain we get it can be a muddy mess and trails get washed out. That just adds to the challenge though!

TMJL2018

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

Barnwell is definitely worth checking out.
I agree with that 100% Barnwell is a great park. One of my favorites in the area.
Sponsored