First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
The new Motor City Aftermarket Stubby Bumper for the JL is now available!

Take a look at our new stubby bumper for the JL. It’s not flashy, it’s not going to win any beauty contests. But what it will do is add clean, well-powder coated beef to the front of your JL. Set it up with a fairlead mount and a pair of LEDS and you’re ready for the trail.

https://mcaftermarket.com/jeep-wrangler-jl-front-stubby-bumper-m1/

Material Specs:
  • Outer Shell .19” Thick A36
  • D-Ring 1” Thick A36
  • Bull Bar 2” X .065" Tube
  • Winch Plate .25” A36

mca-jlflb18-5.jpg

mca-jlrr18-7.jpg

mca-jl-background-1.jpg

Sponsored

landj

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 cj5 95yj 18 mojito jlur
Occupation
Project manager
We haven't installed our stubby bumper yet, but we did get our rock sliders put on. The tube offer's a nice step and It supports me at 240 lbs. Very well constructed. No need to remove the body bolts just loosen them enough to slide the slotted mount between the washer and body mount.

20190314_175907.jpg

20190309_141939.jpg

Rubicollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Veterinarian
Do you guys plan to look into any hoops that bolt to the factory steel JL bumper? If you had a hoop that looked just like the one on your stubby bumper (same height, tube not to small in diameter, etc.) I'd be ordering right now!

OP
OP
motorcityaftermarket

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Do you guys plan to look into any hoops that bolt to the factory steel JL bumper? If you had a hoop that looked just like the one on your stubby bumper (same height, tube not to small in diameter, etc.) I'd be ordering right now!
Hi Garrett, we have kicked that idea around. Don't be surprised if you see something like that come down the pipe from us. Thanks for the feedback!

Sponsored

brewskisteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2001 Ford F350 4x4 crew cab 7.3L diesel
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! I really like that front Stubby bumper and its design. That looks like it could take a hit from a "Tank" and keep going. I already chatted online with Chris from https://mcaftermarket.com/jeep-wrangler-jl-front-stubby-bumper-m1/ and he advised it will handle a #12000- winch. I'm waiting for information about the bumper being rated for flat towing as well. If it can handle #12000 winch pulls, I'm sure towing it behind a truck or motorhome would not be an issue?

I love the fenders on the JL they have in there bumper ad as well, wonder if that's their product or another manufacturer? Hope Motor City Aftermarket is following this thread...

OP
OP
motorcityaftermarket

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Wow! I really like that front Stubby bumper and its design. That looks like it could take a hit from a "Tank" and keep going. I already chatted online with Chris from https://mcaftermarket.com/jeep-wrangler-jl-front-stubby-bumper-m1/ and he advised it will handle a #12000- winch. I'm waiting for information about the bumper being rated for flat towing as well. If it can handle #12000 winch pulls, I'm sure towing it behind a truck or motorhome would not be an issue?

I love the fenders on the JL they have in there bumper ad as well, wonder if that's their product or another manufacturer? Hope Motor City Aftermarket is following this thread...
Hey Steve! It was nice chatting with you last night. Those are the factory, color match fenders with the liners removed. They look pretty darn good don't they???

Let me know if I can answer any more questions!

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
Does the bumper come with mount for lights above the fairlead?

OP
OP
motorcityaftermarket

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Does the bumper come with mount for lights above the fairlead?
Hi Jeff, not typically. It's $59 shipped and powder coated.

Shoot me a pm and I think we can work something out. Thanks for checking us out!

OP
OP
motorcityaftermarket

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Check out EagleJL's experience with installing our M1 bumper!

Jeff (aka EagleJL) - Thank you for the write up!

Read the full write up here.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...walk-through-brought-to-you-by-eaglejl.33415/

I've installed a few bumpers in the past. This bumper was by far the easiest. It took maybe three hours after I got the stock bumper off. That included installing and wiring the winch. I'm always worried when I order something big and overweight.
It arrived in perfect condition. Great packaging! I have some KC LED fogs picked out to finish it up.
20190602_132434-jpg.jpg
20190602_132559-jpg.jpg
20190602_144248-jpg.jpg

20190602_153324-jpg.jpg

20190602_174548-jpg.jpg

20190602_174605-jpg.jpg

20190602_174618-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
I recently purchased an M1 bumper and Motor City Aftermarket did well by me on two counts:
1. They make a quality product
2. They responded to issues to my satisfaction

I had some packaging/shipping problems with my bumper. Through MCA website chat and a phone conversation with Chris, my issue was resolved.

I had much the same install experience as @EagleJL wrote up except I also had the skid plate to install. By trial-n-error I found that the skid plate goes on after the winch mount core, but before sliding on the bumper cover.

A small thing I was impressed with: the tag on the bumper is in a similar style to the Jeep data plate - this looks very classy, especially compared to other vendors that laser cut their logo into the bumper.

D8C58372-F654-47D3-AA67-418710354F3D.jpeg

0ABD4920-118B-4907-B74E-FBAA00E6B903.jpeg

B27C21A9-699B-4056-9FAC-E1CD336BC263.jpeg

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
Update: back-ordered items from other vendors arrived today so I was able to put the finishing touches on my bumper install.

CB7511B8-67E8-4157-85AD-66A8AEBFDBB0.jpeg

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
I really love the styling of your rear M1 bumper as I feel it is somewhat subdued & doesn't reach out & slap you: in addition to the fact that I"ve heard nothing but good regarding the quality & durability of the coating.

1) is there any chance you might be working on a full width front bumper for the JL? I"d love to have both (something to do with being OCD, I guess: gotta have everything "matchy")
2) if you have a prototype, I'd be more than happy to install & review it on my daughter's '21 JL (won't even begin being built until the middle of august, so you have a bit of R&D time to get right on it ;)
3) I can't seem to find my 50% off code that you never sent for the rear bumper that I haven't yet ordered due to her jeep not even being here ;)

Please get on this full width front jl bumper ASAP

OP
OP
motorcityaftermarket

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
I really love the styling of your rear M1 bumper as I feel it is somewhat subdued & doesn't reach out & slap you: in addition to the fact that I"ve heard nothing but good regarding the quality & durability of the coating.

1) is there any chance you might be working on a full width front bumper for the JL? I"d love to have both (something to do with being OCD, I guess: gotta have everything "matchy")
2) if you have a prototype, I'd be more than happy to install & review it on my daughter's '21 JL (won't even begin being built until the middle of august, so you have a bit of R&D time to get right on it ;)
3) I can't seem to find my 50% off code that you never sent for the rear bumper that I haven't yet ordered due to her jeep not even being here ;)

Please get on this full width front jl bumper ASAP
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately we don't have plans to develop a full size front bumper. Sorry to disappoint!

Have a great week!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.