Sponsored

First sighting of 2020 Jeep JL Wrangler PHEV Plug-In Hybrid!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
They have to build the barn before they paint it. I'm just happy it's going to be a Jeep!
well i'm a JT owner, so maybe the JT gets the v6 and the wrangler gets the 4? who knows, but eventully it'll all be electric anyways IMHO.

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
well i'm a JT owner, so maybe the JT gets the v6 and the wrangler gets the 4? who knows, but eventully it'll all be electric anyways IMHO.
Right. Maybe 2022 for the JT? Honestly I would take a PHEV wrangler with a golf cart engine if that was what they brought to market. I'm that stoked about it! Plus, 90% of my driving will be on battery anyway, so it doesn't really matter what the ICE is.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
Right. Maybe 2022 for the JT? Honestly I would take a PHEV wrangler with a golf cart engine if that was what they brought to market. I'm that stoked about it! Plus, 90% of my driving will be on battery anyway, so it doesn't really matter what the ICE is.
Well I wouldn't say "doesn't really matter", but I mostly agree.

We have a 2019 PACHY, (Pacifica Hybrid), its awesome, because about 50% of the miles for us have been electric and I've calculated our electric miles to cost about half that of a gasoline mile in central wisconsin with no solar panel system, just pulling from the grid.

Its nice! We didn't "gas up" for 6 weeks during the start of the COVID-19 thing, lol.

I would love if my daily 15 mile (round trip) commute was all electric in my JT!

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Its nice! We didn't "gas up" for 6 weeks during the start of the COVID-19 thing, lol.

I would love if my daily 15 mile (round trip) commute was all electric in my JT!
I have a Volt now and I'm getting 307 MPGe. I have the same gas in my tank from last December. I have a charger at home, work and I plan my trips around free chargers downtown and around the city. Im a car guy, but I can't ever imagine my DD not being battery powered.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I have a Volt now and I'm getting 307 MPGe. I have the same gas in my tank from last December. I have a charger at home, work and I plan my trips around free chargers downtown and around the city. Im a gar guy, but I can't ever imagine my DD not being battery powered.
Gas doesn’t go bad? Considering all that corn they now mix with it.