litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

A bit of an oddball question, admittedly. I would have thought they'd wind up in wrecker yards. Yet the local yard hasn't seen anything, according to their inventory. You'd think a yard serving the GTA ould have seen a dozen or so at least by now.

I'm trying to source take off Rubi axels, or at least get a feeling of what they will cost locally, but the yards don't seem to have any?
Sponsored

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
A bit of an oddball question, admittedly. I would have thought they'd wind up in wrecker yards. Yet the local yard hasn't seen anything, according to their inventory. You'd think a yard serving the GTA ould have seen a dozen or so at least by now.

I'm trying to source take off Rubi axels, or at least get a feeling of what they will cost locally, but the yards don't seem to have any?
Im not sure how it works in Canada but you can find wrecked JLs on site like copart.com or you can look for parts on car-part.com.

Have you looked in the for sale section here or craigslist? Also are there any big shops near you who might be doing one ton installs?

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Old CJs or Wranglers never die. One persons misfortune just presents a project for someone else. Only the worst twisted steel catastrophes get parted out.

You may do better looking for takeoffs. Perhaps align yourself with a couple hard core Jeep modification shops asking you be called about any takeoffs. I've also seen them listed here.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Probably go to an auction, sold off after insurance settles and they get parted/scraped.
I had a nice local yard, pick and pull, owner was great. let you walk around and pull what you wanted and charge a song for it. He saw my Hemi Owners Shirt and hit it off. He owned 2 1970 Hemi Challenger 4 spd cars back in the day. He sold one years ago but kept the 2nd that he drag raced, so had very few miles on it. He sold it about 10 yrs ago for a fortune. Unfortunately he got cancer and passed away 3 years ago and his wife sold the yard and all the cars in it, so it is empty now. He used to scrap out 3500 cars a year, so was awesome to grab spare parts, got lost of old stuff for my older cars real cheap.

AlexAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I saw a few on copart.com as well as on other websites because I was looking for some parts for my Rubicon. I wanted to make a few changes but it gets too expensive so I must try something else. This is an interesting question though because I really didn't see any in wrecker yards, but who knows. I looked on https://www.car.co.uk/media/guides/scrapping-your-car/scrap-car-prices-everything-there-is-to-know-about-uk-scrap-car for scrap car prices but I still have a lot of questions. Have you ever bought such pieces? Should I try or it's better to put some money on the table and get new ones?
Sponsored

Last edited: