Rust spot on new JLUR

thesuepahfly

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2010 JK Sport
Hi all! Just bought my 2020 JLU 2 weeks ago and just took the doors off for the first time and saw this super small rust spot. I already contacted the dealership but I’m not holding my breath. Any suggestions to get this taken care of easily out of the gate? Appears to right at the surface.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rust spot on new JLUR DA0CF1BE-C42E-4B56-A62E-BB288A4C17C3
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Hi all! Just bought my 2020 JLU 2 weeks ago and just took the doors off for the first time and saw this super small rust spot. I already contacted the dealership but I’m not holding my breath. Any suggestions to get this taken care of easily out of the gate? Appears to right at the surface.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rust spot on new JLUR DA0CF1BE-C42E-4B56-A62E-BB288A4C17C3
I’d be expecting them to repair it. It’s definitely not from rail dust.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Dude, if you don't say JLUR they will kick you from the leet club. I'd let the dealership take care of it, if you attempt something yourself and it gets worse they could deny coverage (if they know you tried something).

Last edited:
OP
OP
thesuepahfly

thesuepahfly

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2010 JK Sport
Dude, if you don't say JLUR they will kick you from the leet club. I'd let the dealership take care of it, if you attempt something yourself and it gets worse they could deny coverage (if they know you tired something).
Valid points! Yes JLUR :)

Pumping4Jane

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
That almost looks like a contaminant on top of the paint. Is it raised? Excise that bitch, prime and touch-up. Fixed. It is but a door jamb.

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure the dealer will fix you right up. After getting my Sahara home I found some bad areas on one of the removable top panels. I called my dealer, and he said come on by. When I got there my salesguy looked at it, walked over to a Jeep sitting on the sidewalk, pulled a good panel off, and I was on my way. It was one of those "crap happens" situations, and they did well. Hopefully yours will do that well also.
Sponsored