Sponsored

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Tesla was dead last.
Yeah your initial post confused me I guess. When you said "it starts off with Tesla" I assumed they were number 1. Surprised to see Honda and Toyota so far down the list, not that I put too much sick in JD power.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Guess my survey boosted Jeep over the top LOL

Amazed how some OEM;s go up and some down, but guess if they are randomly sampling the people filling these out, they do have some merit, unlike the biased CR surveys which are not random.

OP
OP
scottijohn63

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Yeah your initial post confused me I guess. When you said "it starts off with Tesla" I assumed they were number 1. Surprised to see Honda and Toyota so far down the list, not that I put too much sick in JD power.
My bad for being confusing!

Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I never understand this metric. Like “Initially, I liked the quality.” But?
Says in the article that it's based on the number of issues new vehicles have in the first 90 days of ownership, not a perception of quality.

Yikes, also says Tesla wouldn't let them collect data in 15 states, so they had to gather more info in the other 35. If you didn't have something to hide, why not let them collect in the other 15 :lipssealed:

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Says in the article that it's based on the number of issues new vehicles have in the first 90 days of ownership, not a perception of quality.

Yikes, also says Tesla wouldn't let them collect data in 15 states, so they had to gather more info in the other 35. If you didn't have something to hide, why not let them collect in the other 15 :lipssealed:
I’m guessing the new Model Y really hit them in the nards. From what I’ve been hearing, it’s been a disaster. Which is really surprising, considering the Model Y is on the same new line in China as the Model 3. This line was built after learning and ironing out the production issues when the model 3 was released.

Wombology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be owner
So I usually lurk in the shadows, but figured I would speak up about JD Power and Associates. First, JDP&A collects information. Then companies pay JDP&A to organize the information to make the company come ahead. So companies are not buying surveys....but they kinda are.

Example time: Think Subaru paying JDP&A for a best initial quality of a wagon with standard AWD, roof rails, and starts under $30k....kinda survey.....and shocker shocker, the Outback wins. To start off with, only a hand full of companies actually make a wagon so there goes 70% of the vehicles a buyer would actually be comparing the Outback to. And of those 3/10 vehicles (I'm just throwing out numbers) how many have standard roof rails AND start under $30k? And finally how many of those wagons that have rails and start under $30k have awd.....? That pretty much leaves the Outback. So Subaru did not pay for the survey, they just paid on how you look at the survey.

Now I am a huge fan of Jeeps and not knocking them, and a 2door JL Willys soft top will be in my future.....but these awards are absolute BS and shouldn't be taken with a gain of salt but rather the whole salt shaker.

Pumping4Jane

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
So I usually lurk in the shadows, but figured I would speak up about JD Power and Associates. First, JDP&A collects information. Then companies pay JDP&A to organize the information to make the company come ahead. So companies are not buying surveys....but they kinda are.

Example time: Think Subaru paying JDP&A for a best initial quality of a wagon with standard AWD, roof rails, and starts under $30k....kinda survey.....and shocker shocker, the Outback wins. To start off with, only a hand full of companies actually make a wagon so there goes 70% of the vehicles a buyer would actually be comparing the Outback to. And of those 3/10 vehicles (I'm just throwing out numbers) how many have standard roof rails AND start under $30k? And finally how many of those wagons that have rails and start under $30k have awd.....? That pretty much leaves the Outback. So Subaru did not pay for the survey, they just paid on how you look at the survey.

Now I am a huge fan of Jeeps and not knocking them, and a 2door JL Willys soft top will be in my future.....but these awards are absolute BS and shouldn't be taken with a gain of salt but rather the whole salt shaker.
Agreed and well put. Any survey can be skewed in order to match polled criteria. I was still shocked at how low Subaru rated in this survey. I used to sell vehicles and always perceived Subaru as being a quality buy. Still do, actually.
Sponsored