Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Alarmist fear mongering, no way the people of Utah or Moab will let it happen. Remember, when the Obama admin tried to take away access to some off roading locations in Utah, the state government sent its own people out to tear down fences along with residents. They will force them into someplace the people who recreate in Moab will never even know they are there. Anything that interferes with normal tourism around Moab will mysteriously burn down over and over again until they decide to leave, but I don't think it'll ever get that far.
Is Lions Back open to the public?
Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You cant compare closing one obstacle (on private land no less)to closing all of Moab for the oil industry, you aren't even battling in the same league with that argument.
That was a question not an argument.. I also didn't say anything anywhere about closing land for an oil company. I'm anything but an alarmist. Have a drink or something.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
You need to understand that they are bidding to access the land specifically for minerals or petroleum. They won't own the land nor can they deny access to it. The trails will all still be accessible. The article (like most news these days) is a little on the fake side.

Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to understand that they are bidding to access the land specifically for minerals or petroleum. They won't own the land nor can they deny access to it. The trails will all still be accessible. The article (like most news these days) is a little on the fake side.
There are places all over just as you describe, even wind farms. If the land is open to the public it stays that way except during construction in various areas. Land that is privately owned is usually closed to the general public anyway. Palo Duro Canyon in North Texas is a perfect example. Private lands (Ranches) that open to Jeep Jamboree once a year, and then to a local Jeep club periodically.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

whos ready to do some brodies around those rigs

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I just read through this whole thread and the one thing that jumps out at me is, how in the hell are people dumb enough to believe anything a "journalist" writes in 2020? And at the New Yorker no less. We can't even fire people from a job or fund the police these days. Do you really think big-bad-oil is going to shut down Moab? Ridiculous.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes but what has all this got to do with why they took the Indian Princess off the butter box. And will the Ute's attack me for the name on my daily driver smoke wagon.

geronimo.jpg